Thread: Is element amplification still applicable?

Default Is element amplification still applicable?

In recent days, especially on MapleSEA's Playpark forums,there has been much discussion about how Genesis is overpowered, while Meteor and Ice Field get about the same magic attack with twice the MP cost of Genesis, as a result of element amplification. So, fire/ice archmages are unable to spam the most powerful skill, and what seems to be one of the few good skills we get in fourth job.
    Is this really true? And, in the light of this, should we now max element amplification, since it doubles MP cost for only an addition of about 100+ MA to our respective AoE skills, or leave them untouched?
    In God I trust.... All others I virus scan.

Without amp, genesis still overpower the other two ultimate aoe by 100. so, without amp, you'll be severely underpowered. there's constant complaining about genesis being broken on Sleepywood.

Amp is a great skill. it's up to you to decide if you need it. Personally, I'd still max amp. Without amp, you will be underpowered vs the other 3rd job class.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Hidden Street

Agreed. The only skill for which the MP cost is a problem is blizzard. I don't think it's worth it to make ALL your attacks weaker for the sake of blizzard. Even without amp, the MP cost is still atrocious. The only people that will be able to afford to spam it are the super FM guru's, and even they will make themselves poor rather quickly. IMO, these skills were meant for extreme situations (like clearing blood booms at pianus quickly), not for spamming as training. Whether or not you max amp, I have a feeling that you'll only really be able to spam it during the infinity free MP time; in that case the MP cost doens't matter.

EDIT: Oh hey, something just occured to me. If you want less damage for less MP cost, don't max blizzard. Level 1 blizzard will do some nice damage and still has 60% mastery. Magic power 330 (446 w/ amp) for 2100 MP (4200 w/ amp). Admittedly less damage and more MP cost than maxed genesis, but at least it's not 7k MP. And 446 magic power is nothing to sneeze at.

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

so you're gonna skip 35% extra dmg over a skill that wont be spammed anyway, regardless if you had amp or not?

you're really gonna sacrifice overall dmg for all your skills, so you can have less mp cost of 1?

quit your mages if yall do that...

I agree with what these guys are saying Amplification is very important.
    And on a side note...I love it when au2k5 comes in and lays down the law with regards to any mage question :)
    Quote Originally Posted by piwhgem View Post
    Straight as a Daos