Thread: LukLess ... F/P ?? Cleric ??

Default LukLess ... F/P ?? Cleric ??

Hey everyone,

i hv made a LUKLESS mage wich i lvled to lvl 30 in 3 days ( most of it exchange items + double exp and so...)
    i am almost sure that i should make it F/P mage but i would like to hear other opinions about how u think LUKLESS gonna help me during the 2nd job and may be u cna change my mind ... who knows ..

OoHhhh i forgot to say that i am well funded and pots and money isn't issue...

TNX for your Replies xD ..

Jenny
    bandit lvl 84 - inactive
    sin lvl 62 - inactive
    LukLess 30 - active

i'm lukless an all 3 char slots. one of them is f/p, they really lvl fast if you know where to train and hwat you're doing :)

what 1 do u like the most and why ?
    bandit lvl 84 - inactive
    sin lvl 62 - inactive
    LukLess 30 - active

MapleStory

Quoting from ANTX's lukless magician guide:

Fire/Poison Mages:

This is a classic choice for many lukless mages. Many players choose to be a lukless fire mage because they want to be able to see the lukless damage boost right away, and no style of mage shows off the extra damage like fire mages. Utilizing the 120 Spell Power Fire Arrow, lukless fire mages are going to produce the largest single number damage until I/L mages get thunder spear, if they choose to go that route. Using fire arrow from 35-70, lukless fire mages are going to get jaw-dropping reactions from their Luk mage counterparts during the second job.
    However, during 3rd job, many F/P mages use poison mist as their main skill. Some higher level F/P mages will use speed equipment instead of wands/staffs, because mist is not based on magic attack, neither is the poison effect from poison brace or magic composition. While argument exists that states that Lukless F/P Mages are equal in utilizing the Lukless MA Boost to Lukless I/L Mages, I'm not convinced. Too much of F/P training during the 8x,9x, and even 10x levels is dependent on poison mist, a skill not based upon Magic.
    In 4th Job, It looks like there are no Skills based on the Monsters HP like mist or brace. This means that lukless F/P Arch mages will be able to showcase all of the lukless advantages, since the new skills are all solely based on Magic Attack. However, no one is yet sure if anything is going to replace poison mist.

Pros:
    -Very Visible Damage Increase as compared to luk mages during the second job.
    -Slightly faster Explosion casting than luk mages
    -Lukless monetary advantage is important and fire mages are very expensive to play as.
    Cons:
    -During 3rd Job, Increased Damage is not as evident due to the fact that poison is not based on Magic Attack.
    -Unable to use black umbrella without suffering from a loss of casting speed

Grade:
    Second Job: A-
    Third Job: C+
    Forth Job: B

Overall: B

Clerics/Priests:

The ORIGINAL Lukless choice. Before lukless mages were named and brought into the limelight, lukless clerics were around, but under the monicur of "dragon priests". Why dragon priest? No idea.
    When lukless was first discovered, clerics seemed like the best suited for the idea, and they are still a solid choice now. Lukless clerics/priests don't have to worry about the slight loss of DEF because they are always healing. While the loss of DEF compared to Luk mages is considered minimal and is covered by the +100 HP from the lama staff, lukless clerics don't have to use any extra potions because they don't use any in the first place. Lukless priests also utilize the extra HP more than other mages because they can use it to go to harder monsters faster, and since they train without MG, they can survive 2-3 hits faster as well. Another very attractive feature about lukless priests is that they can use the black umbrella without suffering the loss of booster. (Because they don't have it in the first place.)
    The downside? You don't get much of a damage boost. Most clerics decide that they will skip Holy Arrow for MP Eater, and if you do that, you aren't going to get an attack that utilizes the lukless advantage that much until level 8x when you get Shining Ray. While heal is based on Magic Attack, it's also based off of your level. Being lukless will add more damage to your heal, but it won't be as noticable as with the other mages.
    Side note: the first level 70 player in OMS was a lukless cleric.
    Based on the information known thus far about 4th Job, It looks like Lukless Bishops will perform quite well. Since Bishops are much more offense oriented than supportive. Lukless Bishops will be able to showcase all of the lukless advantages as a bishop, as all 4th job skills are based solely on Magic Attack.

Pros:
    -Increase in HP from lama is very helpful.
    -No drawback from slight loss in DEF.
    -Able to use black umbrella without compromising Attacking Speed.
    -If in bellocan, allows you to substitute black umbrella for lama staff.
    Cons:
    -Unless you use Holy Arrow a lot, you won't notice ma dramatic damage difference until you have maxed Shining Ray.
    [b][u][size="3"]

Grade:
    Second Job: B+
    Third Job: A
    Forth Job: A+

Overall: A

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

Dice

Quote Originally Posted by BigFuzzyDoor View Post
    read again what i said ... i am asking for ppl opinion just to tlak aobut it ok ? ... didn't ask pro cons and so .. i hv read it already twice ...

TNX any ways ... xD ...
    bandit lvl 84 - inactive
    sin lvl 62 - inactive
    LukLess 30 - active

Quote Originally Posted by gogoBOY View Post
    read again what i said ... i am asking for ppl opinion just to tlak aobut it ok ? ... didn't ask pro cons and so .. i hv read it already twice ...
    TNX any ways ... xD ...
    Fuzzy is quoting it because he agrees with that information, so there is no need to write it again.

But if you prefer a direct opinion, go F/P. I have the feeling the new defense system will affect priests in their training areas, they will be 1HKO from mosnters normal priests wouldn't, making them to use MG or train there at later levels.

Actually the new defense system would make it better for clerics and priests, because they won't have to waste hp pots because they have heal.
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."-Gandhi

My Pwnage Guide.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnZein View Post
    Actually the new defense system would make it better for clerics and priests, because they won't have to waste hp pots because they have heal.
    Te new defense system takes in account the diference between your level and your armor level. A LUKless cleric will be using a sauna robe. On later levels that would mean much more damage from monsters.

Example: a cleric with 1100hp, training at death teddies
    -Normal build: he can withstand one hit (around 1000+ damage) so he heals and keep training.
    -LUKless cleric: he can't withstand one hit (around 1100+ damage) so he is dead. And if the monsters kills you in one hit (1HKO), healing won't help.
    *Please not the numbers aren't accurate, but they show my point.

Right now i'm getting around 330 damage from red drakes and normal mages only get 250 damage from red drakes. 80 extra damage for using lvl30 armors.

Hidden Street

Regardless of changes to the defense system, clerics/priests in general will take less damage (lukless or not) due to invincible and element resistence.

If I remember correctly, this thread was asking which to choose: F/P or cleric. Choosing between lukless f/p and cleric is no different than choosing luk f/p or cleric. Depends on whether you wana play a support class (cleric) or a higher damage class (f/p). The fact that you're lukless won't have much of a bearing on the way these classes play.

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

Quote Originally Posted by gogoBOY View Post
    what 1 do u like the most and why ?
    I pretty much enjoy using my FP more than my cleric, not sure why. I guess I like killing them yetis O.o

my f/p is currently at 58 while my cleric is still hanging about 4x >.<