Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about HS

Default Question about HS

Can you still get exp bonus from HS if your partner in the party is not on the same map? For example, you are a priest with HS, can your partner just sit in FM or something or do they have to be in the same map as you to activated the exp bonus?

Mushmom

I don't think it will work if you are in the cash shop. If you are in another map it probably would work because stuff like haste and meditate still work if you aren't in the same map. I'm not sure though.
    Bera
    EliteBows-Level 200 Bowmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzilla View Post
    So how much exactly does it cost to join the guild. I'd like to join on my Aran.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    Just your soul.

Actually, it does work. Whenever the Priest in my party needs to repot, he'll just HS us before he leaves and it the bonus exp still works without the other party members for the duration of HS.
    Randland Parody
    Stupid cow. Stupid, stupid, stupid cow.

The faces of Hidden-Street, through the years

what's HS again?

Holy Symbol. Priest (yay!) skill that increases EXP, but only works to full potential when the party is bigger than 2.

Downside: Takes a long time to cast, leaving the priest vulnerable to attacks.

Now the preliminaries are over...

It works only for that duration that HS lasts for. The EXP is not shared among party members... (i dunno about the bonus).

Hidden Street

Quote Originally Posted by jiahao_94 View Post
    Downside: Takes a long time to cast, leaving the priest vulnerable to attacks.
    It's quicker if you cast it on a rope, like booster.

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

pyrofyr

To answer your question shortly : No.

You have to be in their range when they cast HS, then it lasts like a normal buff. While it is on they can anywhere.

However, the added experience (Since your saying if the other person is not on the map) won't be added unless you are killing.

Easier to just say, there are 2 people a priest and a DK.
    DK is sitting in FM
    Priest goes to FM and HS's him.

The DK can now go kill stuff and get that bonus, but the experience won't carry over.

However, if the priest is sitting on a map and uses HS but the DK is on another map, he will not get the buff.

yeah Holy Symbol only works on the other partner if u are in the same map. otherwise i could be training my friends while they are somewhere else. sounds cool but thats not how it works. but yeah casting speed is pretty slow and its really cool when i max it cause its 150% exp :D

~Hopefully I get to fourth job soon.......

pyrofyr

Actually, it's not just the same map, but as Haste, HB and other party skills, within the AoE(Area of Effect).

It's still very useful though, training on diff maps would slow down training as opposed to speeding up, because you'd have to move too much.

The thing is you can always go for the HS mule affect. That's if you're no longer training the priest. as you can lvl faster without the priest leeching and take advantage of hs.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment