Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luckless Wiz converting to Luck Wiz

Hidden Street

Yes, the trick is to cap your luk for the weapon you want to ultimately use forever. It is important to keep in mind that luk from the armor you're wearing WILL count towards the luk requirement of your weapon.

For instance, I capped my luk for the codar (which requires 90 luk), but my base luk is 79. I got the other 11 luk needed from my armor. This can get complicated when you start considering that the luk on a piece of armor cannot count towards its own luk requirement. For example, as I said I have 79 base luk. But you need 80 luk to wear a level 78 overall. So, I got that 1 luk from a pair of gold lapiz sandles (lvl70 shoe). Then since I'm wearing a green overall, it's got enough luk for me to equip the level 80 gloves and hat. It does get a little tricky, but it can be worked out.

You just need to work out what equips you'll be wearing such that you can choose a good time to cap your luk. You shouldn't need to worry about this until 6x at the earliest though.

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

Quote Originally Posted by eXcHaOs View Post
    Is Kage or Magicodar more advisable to cap LUK at ??

I dont really like Magicodar as it dosent look as cool as Kage ;)

Thanks again
    Well, Codars are slightly better than Kages damage-wise, since they come with a +INT bonus clean and Kages don't. Other than that, it's your choice.

I admit I was a little puzzled with why you'd want to convert back now. Even at level 200 using a Lama staff, a LUKless magician is still stronger than a LUK one in most cases. O_o Right now, when you've just got your Lama... Why give up your big advantage?

Unless you just want to wear new stuff, which is understandable. If a sauna forever doesn't appeal to you, then you can convert back. Just realize that everyone's capping at some level, since most of the high-level equips and armors haven't been released yet. So whether you're looking at a sauna forever or an Engimatic forever, eventually your clothes'll stay the same.
    Spoiler!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    Well, Codars are slightly better than Kages damage-wise, since they come with a +INT bonus clean and Kages don't. Other than that, it's your choice.

I admit I was a little puzzled with why you'd want to convert back now. Even at level 200 using a Lama staff, a LUKless magician is still stronger than a LUK one in most cases. O_o Right now, when you've just got your Lama... Why give up your big advantage?

Unless you just want to wear new stuff, which is understandable. If a sauna forever doesn't appeal to you, then you can convert back. Just realize that everyone's capping at some level, since most of the high-level equips and armors haven't been released yet. So whether you're looking at a sauna forever or an Engimatic forever, eventually your clothes'll stay the same.
    Switching back to a low-luk build for a certain weapon at higher lvl's will make you even stronger. If higher lvl weapons ever come out in gms, it'd turn the tide and make normal mages stronger at higher lvl's (unless higher lvl maple weapon's come out as well.....and make a difference).

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    Switching back to a low-luk build for a certain weapon at higher lvl's will make you even stronger. If higher lvl weapons ever come out in gms, it'd turn the tide and make normal mages stronger at higher lvl's (unless higher lvl maple weapon's come out as well.....and make a difference).
    True... Another reason why I chose LUK mage. Level 64 Maple weapons like the ones in KMS would make that point a lot farther away, though... probably level 150 weapons, at least.

But it will also be years until even level 150 stuff comes out, at this rate... Which is essentially forever, if you know that most people quit after a few years.

It's a ******, in other words.
    Spoiler!

Banned

Higher lvl's will invariably come out soon after 4th job. Somewhere between there, GMS will probably get higher lvl maple weapons (my guess is this time next year).

Will there ever be 100+ maple weapons ? Your guess is as good as mine.