Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
"I Was Banned" - why you were banned - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "I Was Banned" - why you were banned

pyrofyr

Indeed penguinz is right, GG logs programs that interact or stop any files associated with the game client-side and send logs to INCA. Seeing as we never signed any rights to INCA, if they did use those logs, we could legally sue.

i can't play MSEA because somehow someone got into my account and start hacking like crazy on it:( now i am on a 90 day ban and i can't get into my account to change anything either so my good name is now slandered:(

Quote Originally Posted by Mediumwell View Post
    way to plaguerise from basilmarket, reported
    He gave credit at the end...
    Bera:

Blueness - Level 57 Fire Wizard (active)
    OutOfTheBlue - Level 41 Crossbow(wo)man (somewhat active)
    BlueAssassin - Level 37 Assassin (somewhat active)
    Emily - Level 31 Spearman (somewhat active)

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    I honestly think its an edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
    your mom is an edit.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZodiac View Post
    i can't play MSEA because somehow someone got into my account and start hacking like crazy on it:( now i am on a 90 day ban and i can't get into my account to change anything either so my good name is now slandered:(
    Can't you login into Asiasoft and change the password. I'm sure you have the security PIN to do this.

However, getting the account validated after the ban is going to be messy. Still haven't got around to activating my Sin account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault View Post
    LOL @ children discussing legal matters. That's like your grandparents discussing Pokemon. Auto ban? More like auto phail.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamZ View Post
    Nexon is now banning from Gameguard log's as well, they have found it to be completely reliable in detecting hacks. What does this mean? Dont hack, or use windowed mode or you're pretty much banned within two days. In addition to that, users who are banned are now REMOVED from the RANKINGS PERMANENTLY. - Source
    Everybody has been saying it but I'm quoting from nexon again:

Quote Originally Posted by Nexon America
    On that note, I have a few announcements. Starting today we are banning out of our logs, almost exclusively. As all hacking in the game gets logged, there stands to be a great deal of players banned. If you are hacking, you are going to be banned. This will continue until the implementation of an auto banning system. Don?t think bypassing gameguard is going to save anybody, gameguard is not the tool used to log, this strictly server-side.

pyrofyr

Besides Nexon's bad English in general (Seriously... wtf?), it doesn't say anything about GG, and they did mention using their own methods before. :/ However, their methods don't track nearly as much as GG does. :o

How can one tell if they have been banned or not? Is there some unique message when you load maple story/you can't load maple story/ or you're characters have been deleted?

And if I used Angels Auto clicker back in the good old Kerning PQ days, does that count as a permanent ban now, even if you stopped using it?

Forgive my ignorance in this topic, I have no experience in being banned.:p
    neigh

Slime

Quote Originally Posted by xEiyuux View Post
    How can one tell if they have been banned or not? Is there some unique message when you load maple story/you can't load maple story/ or you're characters have been deleted?
    I believe you get a little window stating that you've been banned when you try to log in to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by xEiyuux View Post
    And if I used Angels Auto clicker back in the good old Kerning PQ days, does that count as a permanent ban now, even if you stopped using it?
    It depends on whether the logs were implemented when you were using it. If they were, there's a chance you might be banned. However, it wouldn't be a perma-ban, only temporary. If the logs were not implemented or were not recording at the time, you're safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fimple View Post
    It depends on whether the logs were implemented when you were using it. If they were, there's a chance you might be banned. However, it wouldn't be a perma-ban, only temporary. If the logs were not implemented or were not recording at the time, you're safe.
    Whats the chances of that? 75-90% ........20 - 30%?

I'm scared:(
    neigh

Slime

No clue. I don't know how long Nexon has been using these logs because I don't usually read the Maple homepage.