Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making MapleStory run faster.

Banned

Default Making MapleStory run faster.

My computer is crap now.

It's really slow. It takes like 15minutes to load and when I am logged in and enter the channel. It loads with a blank screen and :o wastes of time and says unable to connect to maplestory and exits. happens everytime.

how do i make it run faster. my computer is like full of viruses and crap probably. but i dont check. ha.

help?

Normal deal, close un-needed programs, change your settings, etc. Maple's been beefed for a while, the requirments listed on the nexon site aren't the "minimum" any more.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

Get more RAM, download and scan using Spybot Search and Destroy or Adaware; get a new computer, etc.
    Maybe it's your internet connection? What do you have?

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

pyrofyr

1)Well you know, if you're not sure if you do or don't have viruses, that's not a good sign. CHECK!
    2)If you don'tneed it up, close it. (Any other programs, I only keep winamp and ms, that's all).
    3)pcpitstop.com can be your friend, online scan, just close everything before you start the testrun, and then follow the advice :o

hi i am new to the forums. i think you should buy a norton anti virus program. i got the 2007 version and it killed everything and now everything works.

Ummm the idea is to make it run faster, not kill it under the weight of a subscription. Welcome and thanks though.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

Recently I had the same problem, I run 1.6GHZ processor 1gb ram and an ati Radeon 9550, although it was with a different game, and that game takes much more to run than MS. BUT I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows because I was getting errors in windows as well. My suggestion to you would be to CTRL-ALT-DEL and check your processes and performance tabs, see how much pressure your putting on your computer, I had some odd thing happen to me where one tiny program was causing my CPU usage to shoot to 100% and stay there, making everything beyond sluggish. Maybe you have something similar, and like previous suggestions get rid of unused programs, check your Add and Remove programs under control panel, make sure whatever you remove is not something you will use. Penguin4tor's suggestions are very good, Adaware and Spybot are both necessities in the internet world today, you'd be surprised how much crap you have on your computer. ALSO, I would suggest if you can to grab a copy of Registry Mechanic, and acquire an activation key. Make sure you don't get any viruses while attempting to do that too. Or just buy it :P But Registry Mechanic checks your windows registry and will repair anything that is messed up. I use those 3 programs once a week at least, love, cant live without em :)

Also run Disk Defrag, you'd be surprised how much that can help. Other than that I cant think of much. MapleStory doesn't require that awesome of a comp to run(I'm not saying lag free, I lag in MS just due to so many people on screen, and I can run HalfLife2 and CS:Source with ease.. most of the time) hope some of this helped. If you get a chance put up your system specs. That could prolly answer this easily.(under run type "dxdiag" and write down the System Information on the first tab that pops up)
    -GMS-
    DeathByS3xy-Warrior(Sorta Active)
    "I got some raisin toast sittin on 22s n*gga, they spinnin n*gga they spinnin!, they spinnin n*gga they spinnin!" -Chris Rock

Banned

Thanks for the help.

I'll try them. ;)

Beginner

It's not the internet connection, because I have my ISP's slowest connection (seriously ultralite) but my maple runes pretty fast. But I have 2G ram and C2D. If you possibly can, reinstall windows, delete all the uneeded stuff that comes with whatever windows you using and make maple your only program

pyrofyr

For the love of god, no one ever recommend Norton, it's the crappiest thing since monkeys flinging turds.

Other than that, yea closing all programs always works, not sure why like 5 people revived it to note that. :/