Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new issue.

Reformatting works, that's what my friend does when his maple fails. Its fast.

But maybe it might not work? Virus?

Quote Originally Posted by jiahao_94 View Post

But maybe it might not work? Virus?
    True, it works - reformating does solve most major errors, and helps to clean up the gunk in your PC.
    [sarcasm]
    But as for fast, yes it's fast. You only have to completely back up gigabytes of data, dig up the recovery disk that came with your computer, and then completely reinstall windows.
    [/sarcasm]
    For such a minor error, DO NOT reformat your computer. And I don't think it's a virus.
    Do what Jed said, and if the test turns out that your memory is okay, try reinstalling your DirectX drivers. From Googling your error and some previous experience w/ error codes like yours, those are either memory error codes, or DirectX driver problems.
    Good luck.

Slightly off-topic: Your cold better now, Jed? Hope you get better soon if you arent. :)

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

Yeah, nothing major; I get sick rarely so it hits kinda hard. Doesn't do well for my judgement either, hence the lack of modding on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by jiahao_94 View Post
    I run maple and it responds with an unable to access file error code. What do I do?

1) Format and reinstall, problem fixed in about 2 days once I'm done backing up, setting everything back to where it goes and tracking down that one obscure wallpaper I simple must have to show my naurtard side off.

2) Check to make sure the file isn't locked as read only. 5 seconds and I don't have to interact with naurto.

Sure formating "works", but it's like killing someone because they stubbed thier toe and want the pain to stop.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

well im not gonna reformat cause thats more trouble than its worth.

i get my laptop back from my gf once she gets back from italy. (3 days)

but its been since the new update that i havnt played maple :'(

ooh well, thanks for the help jed. and boo @ all the people who said reformat.
    Release thy rage, destroyer ov lies.