Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Because apparently, you're better.

Nice rant, let that anger out man; that's exactly what hotsands is here for.

All your points are noted, and I invite anyone else with a hate list to pm me it with legit reasons, links are best here. LOLOL DUM SPLILLLLN is not a legit reason.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Being from SW, I can agree with you. To be honest, what is happening right now is NOT better than what happens there. It's just a lot less here and the mods here are more willing to get hated just so that they can put a stop to it.
    Props to Jedisbar. [Not that I hate her. She's awesome]

Edit: Hi Jed! Perfect timing. lol ;o

-BTW, If you come back to read this, I propose we delete post counts for good. They are more than a nuisence, and although I understand that, like you said, they are a prop for "I helped this person here" and should not be used on useless material, they create more problems than props. Nobody views them as your explination, as much as I would love them to. Even I was swept into the current of the stream and thought for the majority of my forum going that a post count was a popularity contest.

Double Edit: The perfect analogy to post counts would be fame levels in game. Nexon even stated in the FAQ that fame was meant to be givin and taken according to deeds and never meant to be traded or sold/bought or used for petty revenge. Very few people view fame in the way it was meant to be.

It takes not but an idiot to relate Senior Member---> High post count
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

Jed's a guy *Cough*.
    I wonder if there are other people I can think of yet that deserve to be here. I definitely hate PhoenixRider and I think Cheez could use a bit of a flame.

As for post count, I'd say just get rid of them. That should cut down a lot on the Maple Island spam.

I'm completely oblivious when it comes to genders and online. Note:: I'm the one who commented minutes after I first joined the Windia hidden-street guild that FuzzyDoor was so awesome because he was a girl.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

I think people just need to calm down, and not rush to the first person that has a spelling error so that they can flame them for being an idiot so that they seem like they know what the hell they are doing.
    I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by KindaMaybe View Post
    I think people just need to calm down, and not rush to the first person that has a spelling error so that they can flame them for being an idiot so that they seem like they know what the hell they are doing.
    This actually made me laugh, because what I thought was my life flashing before my eyes was actually hundreds of incidents like that.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

Suprisingly, for my infamous reputation as an English Nazi, I don't attack people's posts simply because they have incorrigible typing. I just tell them that other people are going to find it a major pain to read.
    Now, people who keep on making illogical posts no matter how their spelling is and flaming people who tell them about it is a different matter.

Agreed. This gives me the idea to find somebody on the forum exceptional at 1337 speak and persists on using it. That'd be a great example for that. I can already think of a few snappy lines I'd use, too >;o rawr.

[These things take time.]

Edit: While accidentally skimming my initial post, I realized something. If anything, it gives us discussion material.

About Necroposts; Yes, alot of them are useless and nobody wants them. But alot of elder forum members always make the point across to "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION," but when an old post is ressurected they flame. However, when making a new thread on the topic to avoid necroposting, people always post a link to the old one and go "Theres already a thread for this, noob!" So either way, you're screwed. It kind of depends on what the topic is, I guess.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

Well, screw the people who do that. I think people should make a new thread to avoid necroposting anyway.

I added a Bassz paragraph near the bottem because I realized I was finished with Bassz' idiotic babbeling in its entire. And I don't really care if anybody flames me for it because they think he's cool. Jeez, the thought of it alone actually makes my stomach crunch. [No joke.] He can even be my 1337 speak example at the same time.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME