Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No more post count?

Meh. I don't see the point of taking out the post count and leaving the ranks still under our names... People still have a general idea of how much you've posted if you're a forum regular, but all the newbies won't know who to trust. =(

I agree that post count in Southperry was broken... I'm glad it's gone. If I was a newbie, I wouldn't really care if people copy-pasted the same welcome message anyway... I'd want a real welcome, even if it was only from one person. :rolleyes:
    Spoiler!

pyrofyr

Okay, no lynching (Puts away rope). :[

I'm sorry that this forum fails to cater to your every whim and fancy, krn. That's really unfortunate. Now we can't get on with our lives and function as if the world will end in an eyeblink.
    Randland Parody
    Stupid cow. Stupid, stupid, stupid cow.

The faces of Hidden-Street, through the years

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyxdude View Post
    when was the last time? I can look in almost every single topic in southperry and see a certain line

I know you are just welcoming them, but can't you try a little more variety so it doesn't look like spam?

You can still view post counts in the member lists, so just get over it
    Quote Originally Posted by Saighan View Post
    I'm sorry that this forum fails to cater to your every whim and fancy, krn. That's really unfortunate. Now we can't get on with our lives and function as if the world will end in an eyeblink.
    Too true.
    This seems like a good idea, except for the point that Morgana raised - newbies would have almost no idea who's advice is safe to take, especially in Tech Support, since some people tend to give dumb advice.

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

although its pretty saddening to see the post count go away, I have to agree that the plain old thing isn't going to work krn.

If I were a newbie (first day in the forum type) I wouldn't want to hear

"welcome to the forum!"

I would like to hear some variety, people giving me advice and so on.

Krn is changing...to tell you the absolute truth, and im not blaming anything just to put the heat on my amusement, but if you look at his posts, its started to change when persona non grata 2007 kicked in =S.

p.s: from what i've seen on my forums, is that post counts or no post counts, spam will always live, and there will always be new reasons to why people spam.

Oh I'm sure you're well qualified to give qualitative analysis of people and the general atmosphere.
    Randland Parody

Quote Originally Posted by Saighan View Post
    Oh I'm sure you're well qualified to give qualitative analysis of people and the general atmosphere.
    hey, im just reporting what I see, thats all.

If nothing else, you've carved a niche area for yourself.

on Topic directed to the mods: Will the title under my screen name change once I make sufficient *relevant and informative* posts to achieve the next one in the title heirarchy?
    Randland Parody

so by reporting my findings I will get flamed?

ONTOPIC: yeah, instead there should be a rank, 5 stars under your name

for every filled in blue star shows how well you are know and how well you have been doing on the forum.

Mods have the power to add or remove blue stars if you made a remark or made a completely stupid post.

if all 5 stars are hollow, then you get a 7 day ban, everyone starts with 1 star, and they can be made into half a star, so there is pretty much 10 ranks on how helpful you are on the forum...well...thats my thought :)

EDIT: like this

Does this look like the place to suggest stars and other such thingamajigs?