Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Combat Scenes! Let's practice. [Beta]

Default Combat Scenes! Let's practice. [Beta]

I suddenly thought that this thread would be a very good idea. A lot of fanfic/adventure/action/stories in general have fighting or combat scenes in them, and these are usually the height of the thrill in your writing. However, a lot of people tend to have lackluster or average content when it comes to this. I'm really bad at it myself.

The thing is, you can see how everything plays out in your head, but it's hard to put every detail you see into efficient words. So with this thread, which I hope will become popular, I want all the writers, or people in general, to write up a combat scene based on a given scenario, which ultimately I will decide, however I am very open to suggestions. These scenario's will be updated weekly.

These scenes may include any other element of writing that you'd like to include, such as dialogue, just keep it based around combat in the end.

An example will go here later, but let's start anyways.

TO BREAK IT DOWN: Use a weekly scenario to develop a combat scene with a length of your choice. There may or may not be restrictions to this, i.e. the weapons or environment, which I hope you'll try to stay within. If it's good enough, I'll add it to the Hall of Fame on this post. You may create your own names, but try to make it clear which character is which if there are multiple people.

{Hall of Fame to be added here soon}

This weeks Scenario: How about, Design a fight between any two characters, as good or badass as you want to make them xD Maybe this should spark some creativity. It does NOT have to be maple related, but it can be if you wish. Be creative with this one, I'm looking to see what the potential is here.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

Okaaay. Any particular way we must start with? Encounter?
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

Anything that I don't mention is yours to decide. If you want to make up an encounter or just jump right into the action, that's your choice. Please, try to have some fun with it if you want! Or make it serious as a heart attack. I don't want this to feel like homework or something >.<
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

Urgh. This is going to be hard. I've run out of ideas recently.

Hmm.
    I know!
    Overpowered characters! They always work!
    Boom, die! Lol. Heck no.

Seriously, though, it's going to be soooo hard.
    How can i not kill a golem under a minute, darn.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.

hehe you don't have to make it your run of the mill golem. Give it inhuman endurance. :D Wait, this is your scene, not mine.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

Quote Originally Posted by ~UnknownBandit~ View Post
    hehe you don't have to make it your run of the mill golem. Give it inhuman endurance. :D Wait, this is your scene, not mine.
    Okay. Maybe i could make a slightly lesser powered character.

Btw, off topic, is that Faust from Shaman K in your DP?
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

A Crusader's Guide.

Yeah, lately I've been using Faust/Faustus a lot as a nick. I really love the name, I liked the german play too. But I can only ever see Faust as looking like that, although thats not even the original faust, according to the series.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

I WAS using that name alot during my final year examinations, even inside my compo.
    I use alot of names familiar, like Lawliet. Familiar to me that is.

Btw,
    I even named two of my characters in the composit' after TWEWY's harrier partners Uzuki and... whatshisname.
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

A Crusader's Guide.

*thread has been derailed* xD We'll take it to PMs.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

I'm all for this. Just realize, I gotta start with some sort of back story.
    Here we go:

Attack of Boulder-Block, "The Indestructible"

Boulder-Block, a golem created for mass destruction, was originally a large pile of rocks, until an evil mage by the name of Chaxiom used some of his dark magics on it, making it the most fearsome creature on the planet. Now someone has to step up and take it down, preventing further fatalities.

After hearing the legend of Boulder-Block, Dart Reineer, a powerful rogue, stepped up to the challenge. "I think I can take him. My Kanzir-Khanjar combo is basically unmatched. With that, and the corrosive poison I've placed on the blades, this should be easy. Wish me luck guys."
    Dart then left the Thieves Den and walked into what could be the scariest moment of Dart's life. Standing about fifteen yards in front of him was the hulking Boulder-Block, his arm high in the air ready to crush Mitchell, a close friend of Dart's. Dart activated a haste, and ran after Boulder-Block. Mitchell, being a part of Dart's "Band of Theives" threw some of his throwing stars into the golem, doing no damage. Dart realized the "BoT" skill was useless at this point, as all the other members were elsewhere. He would have to do this alone. "Sorry Dart," Mitchell said. "I cannot help you, this creature is way to strong. Maybe you can do a little better. I must go, I cannot allow myself to die here." "Go!" Dart replied. "Get out of here, NOW!! We don't need anymore casualties!" Mitchell made no hesitation in bolting out of there. The creature focused on Dart. In a low growling sound, Dart could barely make out these words: "Youuuu scared him awayyyyyyy....Nowww I mussstt cruuussshhh youuuu...." Dart was petrified. The creature could talk?! Dart leaped sideways to avoid a crushing arm-hammer from Boulder-Block. Using his Kanzir-Khanjar mix, he unleashed a vicious Savage Blow onto the creature's arm. A light hissing sound could be heard as the poison began to corrode the creature's arm. Growling in pain, the creature swung its arm sideways, hitting Dart directly. Dart managed to cushion the blow by jumping into the shadows of a nearby rock before making impact. Waiting for the right time to strike, Dart unleashed a flurry of green, hissing slashes at Boulder-Block after stepping out of the shadow behind the towering creature. Shortly afterward, Dart had to jump sideways again to avoid the crushing arm that had just fallen off of Boulder-Block. Now enraged, Boulder-Block started to swing its remaining arm like a helicopter. Dart had no idea what to do. The golem was just about to hit Dart with his spiraling arm, when Dart shot an assaulter and lunged through it, slicing of one of the fingers. Dart then proceeded to use some boomerang steps on Boulder-Block's arm. After that arm fell off, Dart started to jump up the hulkish figure. When on top of his head, Dart thrust both his knives into the creature's eyes. He then jumped off, and stood victorious as the creature's eyes were eaten by Dart's poison, then crumbled to a small pile of rocks, which were soon dissolved.

That's.....pretty much it. 100% Improvised, except for Dart and Mitchell, because they're my basic main characters in my games and such.

Oh well. Questions? Comments? Compliments?