Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the truth behind GMS

Default the truth behind GMS

the first version of maplestory was korean maplestory (KMS) it was in that version which maplestory was created. soon the game got translated into differnet languages and other version of maplestory was created:

Name: released date: language: current version:
    maplestory korea April 2003 Korean 1.2.42
    maplestory Japan Dec 3,2003 Japan 1.29
    maplestory China Dec 2004 Chinese 0.53
    maplestory Global May 11, 2005 English 0.39
    maplestory Sea June 23, 2005 English 0.43
    maplestory Taiwan July 4, 2005 Chinese 0.54
    maplestory Thailand Aug 16, 2005 Thai & English 0.35
    maplestory Europe May 31, 2007 Multi-language 0.27

if you want to see what each version have go to:

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Maplestory/Patches

The thing that makes GMS differ from other versions of maplestory is that GMS has over 3 million players and 1/3 of the players are cash users. On average each cash user spends $20 per 90 days that means GMS earns 80 million dollar anually!!!

And to think what is the job of those people who works in GMS-its simply translating the game into English!

each time a new place is released in KMS (the people in KMS have to draw the maps, monsters, NPCs, make quest and not to mention the programs to make the game work) a new place is also released in GMS (simply give each map, monster, NPC a english name and translate the quest instructions into English. Anyone who speaks both korean and English could do that in less than one day)

What did people who work at GMS do?
    1. GM event: simply go play maplestory with a GM account for 5min-1hr
    2. banning hackers: whenver a GM sees a hacker, the GM will press 1 button and ban the hacker, the amount of hacker getting banned before the auto banning system is 20-30%
    3. auto banning system: They have made a program that auto bans hackers
    4. Amoria PQ: the only thing that is made my GMS, and not being translated from other version. the only reason they made this is so that they can earn more money.

So what GMS basicly accomplished in the last 2 years was the auto ban system and the amoria PQ. with this thoguth how many people works at GMS:

5 graphic designer (for the amoria PQ, and the layout for the website)
    10 programmers (for amoria PQ, creating auto ban system, fix bugs in game and on the website)
    4 website manager (post event, notice, update, delete inappopirate posts, read email of inquiry)
    2 translater (translate korean into English)
    GMs (all of the above people can be GM)

note: this is the maximum amount of people that has been working in the last 2 years, assuming that they work less than 1 hour each day.

So now as u can see the $80 000 000 is divided to a several lazy ppl who works at GMS.

I assure u that there is no point "supporting" nexon.

the problem why GMS is updating so slow is not economicly poor. its that they are all lazy fat millionaires.

the more u support nexon the slower it updates.

I thought it was Wizet that worked on the game and Nexon just published it.
    But if this is true, DIE NEXON OR WIZET, I DON'T CARE, JUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Okay, if this is false, I don't hate you Nexon or Wizet.
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

and you got all this information from?

Hidden Street

I think everyone is extremely quick to start hating. There is no way you could possibly know what the people at nexon have been doing for the past two years. They have also been working on new leaf city, leafre, showa (all of this stuff has been seen in and out of our data, just not released yet), and who knows what else. Also, that 80mil you speak of is gross revenue. You forgot to subtract the costs of maintaining servers, paying employees, owning a building, and all sorts of other real-life related expenses.

You can't judge them as evil for wanting to make money. They've got to make money to maintain all that stuff. Granted, some of their actions may seem greedy (marriage costing a bundle, then marriage exclusive APQ, recent myriad of pet equips, etc)- but don't call them evil for just wanting to make money. That's what makes the world turn.

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

horus, bud, your grasp of how businesses operate is amusing.

I don't even know where to begin...

Okay, how about, where did you get your $80mil/year income generation fact from?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFuzzyDoor View Post
    I think everyone is extremely quick to start hating. There is no way you could possibly know what the people at nexon have been doing for the past two years. They have also been working on new leaf city, leafre, showa (all of this stuff has been seen in and out of our data, just not released yet), and who knows what else. Also, that 80mil you speak of is gross revenue. You forgot to subtract the costs of maintaining servers, paying employees, owning a building, and all sorts of other real-life related expenses.

You can't judge them as evil for wanting to make money. They've got to make money to maintain all that stuff. Granted, some of their actions may seem greedy (marriage costing a bundle, then marriage exclusive APQ, recent myriad of pet equips, etc)- but don't call them evil for just wanting to make money. That's what makes the world turn.

for leafre, showa all they have to do is translated. all the hard stuff is already done.

i know that they are making NLC, it shouldn't take that long, look how long it takes for KMS to make a new place.

Hidden Street

Quote Originally Posted by horusmaster View Post
    for leafre, showa all they have to do is translated. all the hard stuff is already done.

i know that they are making NLC, it shouldn't take that long, look how long it takes for KMS to make a new place.
    Even if that is true, I agree with the comment below:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelani View Post

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelani View Post

I don't even know where to begin...

Okay, how about, where did you get your $80mil/year income generation fact from?
    1 million nx user *$80

also, the RL stuff only cost a few million MAXIMUM

I'm amazed at how you know that every NX cash user will buy exactly 80$ for the rest of their life.
    I feel so acknowledged now that I've seen 17 people quote me in their sig. And 4 unfortunately.

Hot girl here:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by masterchocobo View Post
    I'm amazed at how you know that every NX cash user will buy exactly 80$ for the rest of their life.
    it's average...

$20 for 90 days,
    but now with the 2x exp card and new pet equips its more than $20