Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Bans Back?

Quote Originally Posted by LunerSpear View Post
    I've been in GMS since Beta, and I know there was hackers everywhere before, A LOT OF THEM, but I'd rather have to find a map to train then let innocent people get banned for no reason. Wizet is better than Nexon.
    Who are these innocent people being banned? Oh, and it wasn't you complaining that they hadn't instituted permanent bans before, that was horusmaster. It's so hard to tell you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelani View Post
    Who are these innocent people being banned? Oh, and it wasn't you complaining that they hadn't instituted permanent bans before, that was horusmaster. It's so hard to tell you apart.
    Ouch.
    Perm bans are good, they'll help keep the number of hackers down. Recently, I actually haven't noticed many hackers, at least in my training spots.

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

Quote Originally Posted by LunerSpear View Post
    Wizet was fine, when Nexon began to interupt: there goes the fun.
    Are you kidding me?! You obviously didn't play during Wizet's reign. It was horrible. Almost everyone hacked, you could never find an unhacked map (Wraiths, Kitties in Orbis, etc.) and all the hackers didn't care because they knew they wouldn't get banned.

Everyone was out to scam each other to get on top, not to mention that people started finding out their best friends hacked, and didn't know what to think; do you hate them because they ruin MS, or do you just hide your feelings about hacking?

You don't know what you're talking about, because GMS used to be horrible. Why do you think lots of former GMSers moved to JMS/KMS/MSEA?

You are both wrong. Before Nexon appeared, there weren't many hackers really. The main problem was that Wizet used to run on pocket money and a handful of employees, there weren't ANY updates. Nothing really happened when it was Wizet alone. When Nexon came along, they put the big money and started to enforce some rules. Little after Nexon joined, the Cash shop was implemented, and a bit after that, hackers started to appear. That's when Gameguard was implemented, still the hacker problem wasn't that big. The real problem was during summer 2006 and it continued until recently, but before there wasn't ANY problem finding good maps against hackers, you'd have problems with overpopulation, not hackers.

It was only after Nexon came that we started having all these updates and better service, and new worlds. Before that, nothing really would happen. So I sincerely don't believe you played "since Beta".

No, NX Cash was implemented when Cash Shop came, but Nexon didn't make too much of a appearance at the time.

If I'm not mistaken, when Nexon took over, it was pretty quiet. It was just an announcement in the site, but the funding was there and cash started when they joined in, or maybe a little before. It was a few weeks after Nexon joined that they changed the name to Nx Points, and added the Nexon logo to the game startup.

My mommy says I'm not supposed to tell strangers >_>

Wow, that sucks for your friend

Click to enter my YouTube Channel

Also everytime someone got banned back then a little blue notice would pop up in the messaging bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    Also everytime someone got banned back then a little blue notice would pop up in the messaging bar.
    They quit doing that because when they started announcing, all the hackers would log off and come back later after the GM's went nighty nite.
    Grammar is important. Capital letters are the difference between, helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Proud Master of the Hidden-Street Guild of Bera

List of Goals (Credits to NegiWarrior)
    1st Job l 2nd Job l 3rd Job l 4th Job | ZHelm l Level100 l CRog l Jr.Rog l Pap l Solo Pap l Zakum

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinBran View Post
    They quit doing that because when they started announcing, all the hackers would log off and come back later after the GM's went nighty nite.
    I thought they stopped because people don't complain about the lack of GM presence anymore.

They had to announce bannings before so people would know that they are doing something

well, thats what I think at least
    Add me on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheDesert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    how the hell did this topic make it to two pages?
    its cuz yur smexy and everybody <3 u channing tatum look-a-like u.