Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Hunter's Story

Slime

Oh yay, first to post after chapter 4. Very very nice, this chapter makes things ALOT more clear, but...perhaps you could put less of "unconsciousness"? Your writings seem to have a lot of unconsciousness...but it's ok if you can't think of anything else, well, I can't, so I'm unfit to make this request. Just commenting, trying to help. XD

I'm 12 years, 13 at November 27. Secondary 1 this year.

This chapter does clear everything up a lot!
    Wow, great chapters!
    3rd Job is here!

Great chapters:p I hope there will be a new one soon
    Perfect world international open beta has started!!! Too bad they PWIPED our closed beta characters =[. Gotta start grinding again.

___
    Dream MS(private server) char: lvl198 Shadower

New chapter tomorrow. I need to go to sleep.

I can't think of a word other than unconscious.
    Monster Hunter Tri Status:
    - Hunter Rank: HR1 (Yay, me noob)
    - Favourite Weapon: Switch Axe
    - Current Most Proficient Weapons: Switch Axe, Hammer
    - Current Armour: Barroth Set + Lagiacrus Set
    - Current Most Hated Monster: Rathalos
    (Stop flying, wings fer' brains!)

What about "He Blacked Out"
    Or He slipped into "Sub-conciseness"
    Lol, but this isn't my job, its yours!
    Sleep on it... And maybe it'll come to you in your "Sub-concisenesses". XD
    3rd Job is here!

Slime

haha he was reincarnated =D
    and you know its not exactly necessary to write the word "unconscious" or a synonym.. I think most ppl will get the point if you say "he collapsed on the ground" or something.
    Or more detailed "his vision turned black and he collapsed on the ground" (or other way around)
    theres "fainted" but I think you know about that one.
    <Insert an interesting figment of your imagination here>

click here if you're bored =)

Fixed it, thanks for the suggestions, guys. :)

wow, kira. Your writing styles have greatly improved since when you first started Hunters Story. ^ ^ keep it up.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

Slime

Ooo, so many people gave ideas...anyway, Kira, how old are you? I'd like to ask you how you actually get ideas for 91 chapters...and yet, following that is a sequel. How much time d'ya spend on writing fanfics?

Chapter 5: Reincarnation

Alexis's PoV.
    I woke up inside the house to see Ivan's head resting on my lap. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep. I looked around for a second and spotted a headless body on the ground outside the house. Roy was pouring another cup of tea, and there was a rip in his shirt, yet no wound. "You're awake now?" he asked. I nodded. "He just mangled that Balrog as if it was a snail." he pointed at Ivan. "So..... that headless body..." I stared at the dead body outside the house. "Yep." Roy nodded and told me the whole story.

I spotted Lacus limping towards the house and I went to help her. "I heard a couple of roars from that Balrog, what happened?" she asked as I propped her back to the house. Then, she spotted the headless body. "WAAAAAA!!!!!!!!" she screamed. I quietened her down. "Ivan saved our lives back there..." I pointed at Ivan, still sleeping on the sofa. Lacus went to the kitchen to look for a first aid kit.

"Do you know how we can get back to the real world?" I asked Roy. "The Dark Dragon, namely Ivan, can travel between dimensions, but I doubt he'll be able to open the portal now." he glanced at the sleeping Ivan. I hope he'll wake up soon. "By the way, you might wanna check your rankings on the MapleNet. Some of the wizards in this world managed to set up a connection to the Internet of the real world and make a website. It's only accessible by old maplers though." Roy smiled. "There's a computer in the library."

I switched on the computer. While waiting for it to boot up, I decided to explore the house a bit. I walked up the staircase and found a hall opening into a few rooms. One was labeled "Ivan & Alexis". I opened the door and walked into the room. There was a queen-sized bed that obviously hadn't been used in a while and a few photos. One of the photos was an exact copy of the wedding photo downstairs. I picked it up and blew dust off it. I spotted engraving on the frame. "Ivan & Alexis, married on 20th April 2001"

The wardrobe was filled with dresses of all colours. Strange, if the Ivan in that picture DID live here, why aren't there any boy's clothes? "You can try them on if you like, you are Alexis after all." Roy was leaning in the doorway. "Oh... sorry for..." I stammered. "It's okay." he left.

Back to Ivan...
    I woke up in a room that looked strangely familiar. "Oh yeah, I'm in Maple now." I muttered and got up from the sofa. I rubbed my temples and noticed a light coming from an open door at the end of the hallway. Curious, I approached it to find a computer. The screen was occupied by Internet Explorer turned to a specific website. "http://www.maplenet.map/rankings/" it read.

Author's Note: That website doesn't exist, so don't go thinking about it.

I gasped when I saw what was on the computer screen.

Ivan - Level 80 Ranger
    Alexis - Level 80 Crusader
    Lacus - Level 80 Priest
    Roy - Level 80 Hermit
    "I'm a...... Ranger?" I looked at myself, surprised. "Yes, you are. The original Ivan and Alexis managed to bring some of their own power with them when they died. It's enough to allow you to achieve these levels the moment the moment you came." the Dark Dragon spoke. I jumped. "Then... Lacus?" I asked. "Some of your powers were probably transferred over to her when the three of you arrived in this world." it explained. At that precise moment, something shattered inside my head.

Strange pictures shot through my mind. I collapsed to the ground, clutching my head in pain. "I see. Your old memories have returned to you." the Dark Dragon smiled. When it finally ended, I got up, a different person. "I think it's time for the Siren to awaken again." I focused my energy on my mind.

A scream came from upstairs and I ran up to see what was happening. It came from my old bedroom and I walked in cautiously. Alexis was in Siren form, and extremely embarassed. Her blue scaly tail was out and her arms were blue and scaly. Her hair was silver coloured and waist-length. She was also naked. "Hey! Don't peek!" she pulled her arms around herself. I grabbed her shoulders and looked her in the eyes. "What...? Ivan?" she stared right back into my eyes.

Something sparked inside her eyes and her eyes lost focus. She fell to the ground, her entire frame quivering violently. She reverted back to normal and one of her old pale-blue coloured dresses appeared on herself. I haven't seen her like that for 19 years...... "I get it now." Alexis got back up. She seemed more mature. "It's been so long......" she fell into my arms. "Why are we still alive anyway?" I looked over myself.

"The sacrificing spell you performed 19 years ago did not affect your spirits, and they were allowed to roam free." a hovering image of Athena Pierce appeared in front of us. "Somehow, the egg you laid was transported back into your real world and hatched at the exact same time Saevio died. His body was transformed into pure energy and it slammed into your spirits." she continued. "A magical chain reaction occured and your spirits were sucked into the egg and reborn as the people you are now." her image disappeared.

"That explains it." I hugged Alexis tighter. Roy appeared in the doorway. "Sorry to eavesdrop, but I was curious." he smiled. "Long time no see, old friend!" I hugged him. "Same to you!" he replied. "So where's Mother and Father?" I asked. Roy's smile drooped. "They died a day ago. A Tauromacis showed up here and mauled them when they weren't expecting it." he started to cry. I was aghast. Daniel and Fielda...... dead? "Oh no......" Alexis burst into tears.

I retrieved Fielda's crystal ball from her bedroom and wiped it clean. An image of a Tauromacis sneaking up behind Daniel and Fielda while they were drying the clothes appeared. What happened next caused Alexis to cry harder. The Tauromacis stabbed both Daniel and Fielda with its spear. The spear resembled an Eclipse, but the tip was black-coloured. The image fizzled into nothingness. "That was Saevio." I breathed. Roy's jaw dropped.

Lacus walked up the stairs, looking rather surprised to see the three of us huddled up around a crystal ball. "Took me a while to find the first aid kit, but when I did, I snapped my fingers and the next thing I knew, a green light surrounded me and my leg was healed." she explained. We turned around to face her. "Why are you all huddled around that anyway?" she asked. "Long story." I replied, but Alexis stepped forward and took her to the living room, presumably to explain the whole thing to her.

To be continued......