Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Hunter's Story

Boo yea, today's my birthday!

*Pulls out party hat*

Won't be updating for the rest of the day, sorry guys.
    Monster Hunter Tri Status:
    - Hunter Rank: HR1 (Yay, me noob)
    - Favourite Weapon: Switch Axe
    - Current Most Proficient Weapons: Switch Axe, Hammer
    - Current Armour: Barroth Set + Lagiacrus Set
    - Current Most Hated Monster: Rathalos
    (Stop flying, wings fer' brains!)

Happy Bday man! Another year passed by quickly for you didn't it? Heh. D:

Slime

Awesome, everyone loves birthdays~!
    Happy birthday to you,
    and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO EVERYONE ELSE!
    <Insert an interesting figment of your imagination here>

click here if you're bored =)

Slime

Congrats. Happy Birthday and Best Wishes.

I don't want to be a god. I just want to bring fire to the people.
    And I want my cut.

Jr. Necki

Happy birthday to you woot

Well i deleted my posts just need gutter to do the same

Happy b-day Kira! =D
    3rd Job is here!

Chapter finished......

I'm gonna take a break.

Jr. Necki

thanks 4 finishing the chapter

enjoy ur break

Dang this sore throat, couldn't talk right. Had a fever last night too. =(
    Typing this out of total boredom.

Chapter 93: The Chaos Guards

Alexis and me raced over the ground towards the humongous door even as the two Tauro silhouettes flanking it moved to cut us off. Still, we were too late. The Tauros stepped in front of the door, blocking us. "Thou shall leave this place." The one on the right said in a booming sound. It was decked out in heavy battle armour, and his lance was by far, the biggest I had ever seen. "And if we don't?" I asked bravely. The one on the left stepped forward. "Then thou shall face our wrath." It brandished it's spear and charged. "These guys don't give us a chance, do they?" I moaned, cartwheeling aside and launching an arrow at the beast's chest half-spin. It resounded off the armour with a 'ping' sound. "They never do. At least we get more fun beating them up." Alexis chuckled. I nodded.

I tensed the muscles in my leg and bent down in preparation for a high jump. The released energy burst out from the soles of my feet in a strong burst of wind, propelling me upwards and cracking the ground underneath. "Am I even human anymore......?" I wondered, vaulting over the Taurolance's head while aiming my bow downwards and releasing a battering ram of raw magical energy straight downwards. Surprisingly, not only was the monster big, it was fast too. It dashed forwards, evading the shot just in time. The missed arrow blew into the ground, and a few seconds later, a spurt of lava blasted out of the hole, then solidified as I sent a blast of ice magic at it. Whirling around, I sent another giant arrow at the charging Taurolance, which was dodged again. "You may be able to dodge one arrow. But, can you dodge twelve?" I chuckled, turning the bow and shifting my legs for a better position. Now, the bow was horizontal and twelve of those giant arrows were forming on the string. I jumped forward, simultaneously releasing the shot. It was powerful enough for the recoil to blow me backwards a few metres, and the arrows were radiating light as bright as the Sun. Nothing could survive this, or so I thought.

"Nice move." The Taurolance's gruff voice sounded beside me and I hopped backwards, pointing my bow at the direction of the sound. Unfortunately, I slipped on a pebble and fell over. The beats immediately rushed forwards to dispatch me. "No way I'm gonna die here." I muttered, placing the palm of my right hand on the ground and sending a burst of magic down my arm. A blast of wind blew me off the ground and I landed on the ground further away on both feet. "Not bad." The Tauro remarked, then sent a bolt of lightning flying at me with a swing of it's lance. I dodged it without much of a problem, but the Tauro charged at me right as I finished my maneuver. Caught off guard, the lance nearly impaled my heart. It had slid right between my arm and my waist. I quickly kicked myself off the ground and held my bow out, darting towards the beast in mid-air as it jumped with me.

I rammed the thing with my elbow then gave it a few punches to the head, bashed it on the head with my bow, and finally sent my foot slamming down into it's cranium, whacking it straight towards the ground. "Nighty night, sucker." I smiled, landing on the ground as softly as I could. I turned back and saw that the beast was still...... alive. "Mmmph!" It's muffled voice came out of the ground. The thing's head was stuck in the ground. Rather comically too. "Thats......" I tried not to laugh. "SO FUNNY!!!" I shrieked and fell over laughing. The Tauro roared and shattered the ground with one hand, breaking itself free.

AN: Trying to poke a little humour into things. XD

"YOU HAVE INSULTED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!" The Tauro roared, rushing towards me. I quickly got back on my feet and ran towards the beast. "Whoopsie." I slipped purposely and slid between the Tauro's legs. With my bow out and loaded. The arrow's recoil slammed me into the ground even as it tore through the Tauro's spine, showering me in pieces of scorched flesh and blood. "Ewww." I grunted as one half of the bloodied hip bone hit the ground beside me. I quickly got up, brushing off the Tauro's remains.

Intense clashing beside me showed that Alexis was clashing spears with the Taurospear. She was unusually agile with the Harbinger in hand. However, the Taurospear she was fighting with had unusual red eyes, and the irises seemed to be enlarging. "That one is not a normal one." I remarked, jumping into the fray with one single powerful arrow that blew me backwards. Alexis ducked as the arrow flew over her head, impaling the Taurospear through the chest. "Nice one." She smiled at me, but I quickly loaded another shot, aiming it at the Taurospear's remains. It looked like I was aiming at her. "Wha......" She stared down the shaft of my arrow. "DUCK!" I shrieked, letting fly.

Alexis rolled aside just as the arrow pulverized the head of the regenerating Taurospear. "I knew it." I cursed, loading another shot and blowing the left arm away. Now, it was regenerating faster than I could dish damage out. "GRAAAAH!!!" The Tauro charged at Alexis. She raised the Harbinger, impaling the beast and holding it up in the air, winking at me. I charged up another shot and severed the thing in half with a cutting shot, following up with two quick Arrow Bombs to the halves and an Inferno arrow to scorch the remnants. "Careful." I muttered, kicking a scorched horn aside. "Don't kick things that have just been barbecued." Alexis advised a second later as I hopped around with one foot in the air, yelling.

When I was done nursing the injury, both of us proceeded to push the gigantic door open. It took a few tries considering the bulk and weight of the door. When the smallest crack of light burst through, several smaller demons rushed out of the gap only to be pulverized by an arrow. "Outta my way!" I shrieked, sending multiple Nova Bombs through the gap and ducking for cover. Blinding light blasted out of the gap a few seconds later, results of the Nova Bomb. No more demons scampered through, and the smell of burning demon flesh filled the already stinky air. "As if the one you just incinerated wasn't bad enough." Alexis pinched her nose shut.

We quickly pushed the door open and dived for cover, expecting to be attacked. Nothing happened other than Alexis accidentally rolling over a pool of liquefied demon bile and shrieking in disgust. Moments later, a miniature raincloud appeared over her, soaking her in water. She shook her hair dry. "That's better." She sniffed herself and enlarged the cloud to cover the entire room, washing away the demon remains through the open door we had just walked through and clearing the room of smoke. This room was significantly smaller than the previous one, rectangular and with torches lighting up the sides. A vortex of dark energy swirled at the other end of the room, emitting powerful demonic magic. There was one holographic green crystal hovering beside the Demon Gate, pulsing gently. "Ellinia's barrier crystal......" I whispered, moving towards it. Suddenly, it cracked. My face dropped as the crystal exploded. "Ellinia just fell......" I gasped. The Demon Gate sent another pulse of demonic magic reverberating through the room and knocking us to our knees as it expanded.

"We need to...... argh!" I moaned. The powerful magic being emitted by the Demon Gate felt heavy in the air. Alexis couldn't move either, but I crawled towards the Gate, reaching out with my shooting hand and nocking an arrow to my bowstring. I fired off the shot, but it only got within a few centimetres of the Gate before disintegrating. "I can't... move......" Alexis gasped, trying to get up. Suddenly, it stopped, and both of us got up at the same time. I quickly fired off a rapid series of arrows towards the Demon Gate. Just when I thought they would hit, a claw reached out of the Gate, stopping the arrows with a barrier as thick as a strip of paper. "Oh no......" I took a few steps back as the owner of the claw stepped out of the Gate fully, flexing scorpion legs and a scorpion tail. The human-scorpion hybrid was incredibly scary. "Good afternoon, ladies." Saevio chuckled, clicking his claws.

To be continued......

@Xorten: Was half-sleeping when I was typing that. =X

Quote Originally Posted by XxKiraYamatoxX View Post
    Dang this sore throat, couldn't talk right. Had a fever last night too. =(
    Typing this out of total boredom.

*Not done yet. If you expected a 1 paragraph chapter, you're a idiot*
    It's an idiot, not a idiot, you idiot! j/k
    Sorry to hear about your sickness, I've had a nasty cough and have been averaging 6 hours sleep for the last 2 weeks. =/
    3rd Job is here!