Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Hunter's Story

Quote Originally Posted by fanficl0ver View Post
    Ooo, so many people gave ideas...anyway, Kira, how old are you? I'd like to ask you how you actually get ideas for 91 chapters...and yet, following that is a sequel. How much time d'ya spend on writing fanfics?
    To tell the truth, I'm just 14. I spend maybe an hour or so on each chapter and type one almost daily when I have time or I'm bored, which comes pretty often as I'm getting bored of Maple.
    Monster Hunter Tri Status:
    - Hunter Rank: HR1 (Yay, me noob)
    - Favourite Weapon: Switch Axe
    - Current Most Proficient Weapons: Switch Axe, Hammer
    - Current Armour: Barroth Set + Lagiacrus Set
    - Current Most Hated Monster: Rathalos
    (Stop flying, wings fer' brains!)

Slime

Wow...only 14! But...where do you get your ideas from, or do they just pop out of your head?

Some just pop out of my head, some I get from anime or movies. :D

Chapter 6: Return To The Real World

"So what should we do now? Alexis, Lacus and me are supposed to have university classes now." I asked the Dark Dragon. "I have been peering into your memories and that necklace appears to be able to transport you between dimensions. I wonder who sent it?" it replied. I fingered my maple leaf necklace. "Maybe we can use it to go back!" Alexis clapped her hands together. Lacus was still a bit surprised from all that we've been through during the Ragnarok. "I still can't believe you were actually there." she had said.

I rubbed my necklace gently and felt power shooting up my arm. I struggled to keep my arm straight and a portal appeared in the air. "Time to go back." I stared into the space inside. "Are you sure it's safe?" Lacus asked. "Only one way to find out." I leapt in. The world around me began to swirl as I was sucked into the portal. I spotted Alexis jumping in behind me. Lacus hesitated for a moment and Roy pushed her in.

The three of us tumbled onto the ground in my room back in the real world. "Was that a dream?" Lacus stared at both of us. "Nope. It was real." I pointed at my maple leaf necklace hanging around my neck. Along with that, I had access to vast memories from my past life. "Lucky it's a Sunday, or else we'd have to miss classes." I glanced at a calendar. I suddenly remembered that the archery club had a meeting today at 7 pm. I looked at a clock. It's 6:54 pm now. WHAT!?!?!?

"Track team practice starts at 7 pm...... oh crap." Alexis looked at my clock. She immediatly raced back to her room, trailing dust clouds behind her. On the other hand, I ran towards the archery hall, where practice usually was. I reached the door just as a bell dinged inside. "Ya know, you made it exactly on 7 pm." a boy called over to me. I ignored him and ran into the hall.

"Okay...... Jack, you take attendance." the instructor breathed. There was an entire rack of bows in the corner of the hall, and the archery targets were already set up. "Reef!" "Here!" "Dean!" "Present!" "Lopez!" "I'm here!" Lopez jumped up and down behind the group. Typical of him, he's the shortest one in the club. And he's Italian.

I quickly retrieved a bow from the rack. The others did the same and ran off to their assigned groups. Each group consisted of 6 people and each group was assigned to a specific target on the shooting range. I was in a team with Lopez, 2 other boys and 2 girls. 6 people in total. "Hey, you look different today." Lopez tapped my shoulder. "Really?" I looked at him. One of the girls in our team grabbed an arrow from a barrel and launched it at the target. It missed, not even hitting the target. "Not sure...... Seems like theres an aura shining around you." Lopez grinned.

Each of the other members of the group had shot. Lopez missed the bullseye by a full ring. Finally, it was my turn and I stepped up, grasping my bow. I picked up an arrow from the barrel and nocked it to my string. Around me, the other people were doing the same. One wasn't doing too good though. His hands were shivering and his arrow wasn't aiming straight. This is my field. This is what I'm really good at.

"Fire!" the instructor yelled. Suddenly, energy shot up my arm and I fought to keep my aim true. I had to delay my firing for a few seconds because of that. "You there! Just shoot!" the instructor shouted at me. Obviously me. I closed my eyes and let fly the arrow.

An eerie silence fell over the crowd in the archery hall as I launched the arrow. When I opened my eyes, I gasped in surprise. Time seemed to pass by in slow motion as my arrow burst into flames and flew towards the target. I had unknowingly used Inferno!

The arrow scored a direct hit on the bullseye and the target burst into flames, which died out in about 5 seconds. It didnt have time to spread to the building. Silence was imminent. "How...... how did you do that!?" the instructor decided to break the silence. Immediatly, there occupants of the room crowded around me. Lopez poked a finger into my pocket, probably thinking I brought a lighter or something, and touched nothing but the inside of my pocket. "You probably brought a lighter or something." a boy stood up. He was big-sized and he had muscles that could snap someone's arm in half. One of the bullies in the university, and he was one of the best in the archery club. He had a black Elvis-hairstyle. His name was Arno.

"Do it again!" someone begged. Someone brought another target to replace the one I had just scorched. The ashes were still on the ground. I shrugged and aimed my bow at the new target without any arrows. "What's he gonna shoot, thin air?" Arno mocked. I was determined to show off what real skills were to him. For my first trick, Strafe. I twanged the bowstring four times in rapid succession. Arrows made out of light appeared in my bow as I twanged and shot out. The first arrow hit the bullseye, the second one split it in half, the third one split the second one in half and the fourth one also split the third one in half. Each one hit the exact center of the bullseye. Arno was stunned, and so was the instructor. "Your bow must be rigged." Arno grunted.

He was wrong. I focused my energy into a shape behind him. He suddenly felt something amiss and turned to his back to find a scarecrow. "WHA!!" he jumped. When he landed he took a good look at the scarecrow and found that it was just a scarecrow. Everyone laughed. "I'll get you for that, you little runt!!!" he shook his fist at me and ran off. The room fell silent. "He'll be wanting to pick you off sometime." Lopez nudged me.

It took me quite a bit of talking to get out of that crowd. Virtually everyone was asking me how I pulled off those shots. Some which played Maple asked how I used the skills in real life. Those questions are practically the same though. When the meeting ended, it was raining heavily. "Stupid rain." I grumbled, shuffling through the covered walkways. Jubrenan University's walkways were covered to provide rain cover for students. Unfortunately for me, the walkway leading to the boy's dormitories was flooded and I had to take a detour. Through the rain. I sighed.

By the time I reached my room, I was dripping wet and shivering. I took off my clothes and jumped into the shower for a quick hot bath. While I let the water wash over me, I mulled some thoughts over. Saevio had somehow managed to stay alive, and was now somewhere in Maple. It already cost me one sacrificing spell and a body to beat him the first time, how was I going to beat him now?

To be continued......

No comments? There might be a new chapter today.

Quote Originally Posted by XxKiraYamatoxX View Post
    No comments? There might be a new chapter today.
    My laptop went laggy, so I couldnt comment ASAP. Anyways, I have to agree with others. Your writing skill has improved greatly since your last fanfic. On a scale of one to ten, your old fanfic falls at 8/10 , and your new ones falls at 10/10:D.

PS with Ivan having those skills in real life, wouldn't the government scientists be after him?
    Perfect world international open beta has started!!! Too bad they PWIPED our closed beta characters =[. Gotta start grinding again.

___
    Dream MS(private server) char: lvl198 Shadower

I just started reading this today, and i think that the beginning isn't as good as it is now, since he has all these ablilities in RL now.
    I completely agree with Goverment scientists being after him after his display of powers.
    Your fanfic reminds me of .//hack:)

Leathal Trade is now casting villains and extras, Apply Today!

There are 10 types of people in this world- those that understand binary and those that don't.

I already thought about that. :D

Chapter 7: A Contest

That night, I tried to enter the Maple world again, but when I pressed the icon, the program just started up like normal. Maybe I need to have Alexis and Lacus with me to go in...... Oh great. 11 pm. I'd better go to sleep. As I flopped onto the bed, I wondered what Roy was doing now.

In Maple......
    Roy sneezed. "Huh? It's not even cold here!" he said to himself.

The next morning in real life......
    Another new day of classes... Sometimes I wish schools don't exist. I quickly got dressed in a black suit with a gray tie and picked up my bag. I checked the timetable I had stuck on my bag. First period today is...... Chemistry. I ran off to the chem lab on the other side of the campus. By the time I reached, the lab was half-filled with students already. Arno, Alexis and Lopez were in the same class as me, but strangely, Arno and Alexis were absent. This meant that I wouldn't need to be picked on today! However, Alexis was never late for classes. Maybe something kept her up or she got sick or something. As I took my usual seat beside Lopez, he nudged me and slipped something into my pocket. We stood up as the lecturer entered the lab. "Class, today we'll be doing an experiment. I want you to watch me closely and then perform the experiment for me afterwards."

I glanced at him. He shrugged and turned to look at the lecturer. He was pouring a purple substance from a conical flask into another one with a clear liquid inside it. I felt like I was being watched all of a sudden and whirled around. Practically everyone was staring at me, including the lecturer. He accidentally poured too much of the chemical he was holding into the other conical flask and it exploded in his face. The lecturer collapsed. "Is he okay?" "Someone call the medical section!"

That period was canceled for a moment while the lecturer was taken to the medical section of the campus. I pulled out the object Lopez had slipped into my pocket. It was a folded cut-out of the campus's magazine.

Archery club member demonstrates strange powers

Yesterday night, while I was walking past the archery hall, I heard a small explosion and walked in to see what was happening. It turns out that someone had actually managed to set an arrow on fire and pulverize a target completely. Later witnesses say that the fire lasted for only 5 seconds. Later, I saw that same person create four arrows out of thin air and launch each of them in a straight line towards the target. Each and every one of them hit the exact center of the bullseye. Further interviewing of the witnesses reveal that the archer's name is Ivan.

Article written by Jullian
    I groaned. Now I would surely be chased by the Reporter's Club for interviews. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. Suddenly, I sensed something approaching my head from behind and I ducked. An arrow embedded itself in the exact same spot on the tree trunk where my head had been a second earlier. A message was tied onto it.

I have your girlfriend. Meet me at the grassy area behind the toilets now, or I'll kill her.

Arno.
    Girlfriend? Oh no...... Alexis! No wonder she was absent at chem! I took off towards the toilets so fast I left an image of myself where I had just been. Someone gasped. Too late for the publicity now, I need to save Alexis!

"I know you'd come." Arno grinned at me, flexing his muscles. I stood there panting. Alexis was tied up to a pole behind Arno, and she was trying to talk. "I'll save you!" I shouted and took a step towards her. Arno blocked me and sent a punch flying into my stomach. I coughed out blood. "Now, I want you to teach me how you did those tricks, or I'll punch her until her mother won't recognize her!" Arno threatened. Alexis started to cry. "Darn......" I muttered.

"Look, I don't know how to teach you those shots okay!?" I shouted. "Liar. You teach me, and I'll release her." Arno smiled. "How can I teach you without bows?" I asked. Arno produced two bows and a few arrows from behind Alexis's pole. I groaned. "Oh yeah, along with teaching me those shots, I want you to quit the archery club." he laughed. "What!?" I was aghast. Alexis squirmed in her binds. "And don't try to shoot me or anything. I've got cameras stationed every here. Kill me now, and you'll be facing a murder charge." Arno grinned. Darn...... he thought of everything......

"Sharp Eyes." I muttered. My vision instantly sharpened and I could see further. I took quick glances around and saw quite a number of cameras around the place. Simple. If I just shoot them all up fast enough, he'll be begging me for mercy. "And no, the cameras are made out of reinforced steel. A creation of mine during workshop hours. Fireproof too." Arno smiled. I groaned again. "How dare he take my wife......" the Dark Dragon thought angrily. "Keep your cool, if we attack now, we'll be caught on camera and we'll get in deep trouble." I thought.

I remembered the cut-out article. It'd only be a matter of days before this made its way to the government. It wouldn't matter now anyway. I took a deep breath. "What? You're gonna blow wind at me now?" Arno was amused. "Dark Dragon, I need your power." I thought. "You do not need to say anything." the Dark Dragon replied. Instantly, great black wings and a long black tail burst out of my back. At the same instant, a net fell over my head. I roared in disbelief. Arno had been expecting this...... I flapped my wings as hard as I could and managed to break a few ropes on the net. Alexis managed to get her gag off. "Ivan!" she shouted. "And I thought full dragon mode wouldn't be necessary. Oh well." the Dark Dragon grunted.

My body grew longer and became black and scaly. My wingspan widened and my tail grew longer while my hands and feet changed into claws. My head became dragonish and my neck extended, becoming black and scaly. I let out a tremendous roar and broke through the net with a mighty flap of my wings. Arno stepped backwards, obviously terrified. I scratched Alexis's binds to pieces and she ran towards me, hugging my neck. "I have no intention of taking your life now, Arno." I growled and Alexis climbed onto my back, sticking her tongue out at Arno. I spread out my wings. However, the second I did that, something stung me in my chest. I looked down to see a tranquilizer dart. I whirled around. Arno was smiling. He was holding a black box with his finger on a red button. Men in Kevlar suits stepped out from the forest, each holding a rifle. I had been set up...... More darts punctured my skin and my vision blurred. Alexis was crying again. I tried to take off, but my wings felt like lead. When I tried to run, my legs wouldn't move. Eventually, after a few seconds of thrashing, I fell to the ground and blacked out.

To be continued......

Cliffhanger!

I hate cliffhangers:( leaves me feeling that I'm missing out on something.
    Perfect world international open beta has started!!! Too bad they PWIPED our closed beta characters =[. Gotta start grinding again.

___
    Dream MS(private server) char: lvl198 Shadower

Slime

Last edited by XxKiraYamatoxX : Today at 11:14 AM. Reason: spellchecking
    UNBELIEVEABLE! You actually edited it for spellchecking! V.nice. 11/10 for your sequel! :D

Don't really want to let Ivan keep winning, how about you make something happen to him (like captured) & Alexis...then 英雄救美 so Ivan becomes a hero? Or maybe you could make someone ELSE save him...like Lopez?

EDIT:
    I hate cliffhangers leaves me feeling that I'm missing out on something.
    Actually, I think cliffhangers are better. Leaves suspense...:D