Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast

Thread: Another Hunter's Story

Jr. Necki

Overdrive Artemis awesome lol cant wait for the end

Chapter 95: Ragnarok

I dashed towards Saevio and bashed him hard on the head with both hands, sending a sonic shockwave rippling out from underneath him. His armour cracked slightly and I grabbed his pincers as he tried to grab me, snapping them off in two deft flashes of my claws. "Um. 70%." Saevio chuckled. He began growing again, and a few seconds later, he was three times taller than I was. Three extras pairs of claws had also grown out of his sides along with ten tails on his back. "YOU'RE A MONSTER!" I shrieked, grabbing Saevio by the body and lifting him up bodily. I turned him upside down and smashed his head into the ground repeatedly. However, his tails shot towards me, knocking me to the ground. I rolled aside before he could grip me with his pincers and sent a blazing kick flying into his chest.

I was at 100% of my power right now, and I couldn't afford to go any higher. I knew that going any higher would decrease my lifespan by a year for every percent I went over, and I only had about 30 years left in myself. Not much, considering what I would be going through when Saevio would be at the peak of his powers. All my enraged mind could think of now was beating Saevio up. Tears streamed out of my eyes as I remembered the fact that Alexis was dead. "She will be alive as long as I remember her......" I blinked the tears away and continued punching away at Saevio's hard shell. "METEOR BREAKER!" I roared, concentrating my powers in my clenched right fist and punched him in the stomach. A massive fireball formed around my right hand for a second, then disappeared, leaving no visible marks. Then, he sandwiched me between his belly and a claw, knocking all the air out of my lungs. "Oof." I moaned. I couldn't breathe!

I flapped my wings with all my might, trying to get free. The wings didn't rely on my breath, they relied on the almost limitless magic inside me for power, what with the limiter removed. In fact, this was the first time I had managed to remove the limiter. One of the instructors I had trained with had told me about the fabled magic limiter inside the human body, preventing the magic inside us from flowing too powerfully. It was supposed to be breakable by extreme emotional pain, which I had experienced form Alexis's death.

Eventually, I managed to break free and I picked up my bow. I had dropped it when I transformed, and now it was radiating intense magic. It expanded to suit my new height, and the mana orbs on the tips expanded. In fact, it seemed that my blood had been replaced with liquid mana. The blood vessels had expanded, showing through the thin epidermis of my skin. Clear white had replaced the crimson red of my blood.

I loaded an gigantic arrow that was twice as long as my height and launched it right at Saevio. He grabbed the arrow and threw it away before it hit him, but I dashed around him, launching similar arrows on the fly. Not even one arrow found it's mark. "Damn." I swore, jumping into the air to dodge his tails. I fired off an explosive arrow in mid-air, then resumed running. Suddenly, one of Saevio's tails burst out of the ground, knocking me off balance and onto the ground. Another tail shot up just beside my head, it's sting pointed right at my forehead. "Check and mate." Saevio's devil-like voice chuckled.

"Not if I can help it." I smiled and teleported out of his grasp and onto his neck, with my bow loaded with a blazing huge arrow thrice my size. "Check and mate." I smiled, blasting Saevio's oversized scorpion head to pieces. The Decimator Shot was a one-shot kill at point blank range, and no material I had encountered before was capable of stopping it. It was even powerful enough to blow a crater in a diamond field. "Looks like I let my guard down again. 100 percent." Saevio's demonic voice echoed throughout the cavern hollowed out by our blasts and his head regenerated itself. I gasped and leapt off his neck just as an entire field of spikes grew out of his shell. Now, he resembled an overgrown and multi-tailed porcupine-scorpion hybrid. He even had the horns of the Horntail's side heads. The monstrosity turned to face me as I prepared another Decimator Shot. The sight of his thickening shell was starting to scare me though, and my shooting hand was trembling. "This is...... What's this feeling?" I stared at the trembling hand. I felt cold inside. Now, I realized it with a pang.

I was terrified.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts as Saevio tried to knock me off my feet. He suceeded and my Decimator Shot misfired. It ricocheted off the ceiling and nearly hit myself. The splash damage was sufficient to blow me several metres away, causing Saevio's tails to miss. I started losing control over my own body, cowering in a corner. "Fight it......" A calm, warm voice sounded in my head. I knew instantly that it was the Phoenix. "But...... He's so..." I stammered. "Fight it......" The Phoenix repeated, fainter this time. I tried standing up, but my legs were wobbling badly and I soon fell over. "What's going... on...?" I crawled backwards as Saevio advanced menacingly. I couldn't get up!

"Saevio's releasing powerful suppression magic through his shell, causing anyone in the vicinity to feel terrified and degrading their fighting power. You need to fight it." The Phoenix explained. I shook my head and tried to stand, but the atmosphere was just too heavy...... I even felt like surrendering right there. I felt my wings flapping, generating a magical field around myself. However, it didn't do much. "Spare me..." I whispered as Saevio's claws rushed towards me.

Because of Saevio's magic, I was too terrified to dodge the attack, and the claws went right through my chest. I coughed out blood as I fell to the ground. My wings stopped flapping and turned a dull gray colour as I came to rest in a pool of my own blood. My life was straining to leave my body, yet it couldn't. "Al...le...xis... I...m sorry..." I croaked. Then, it happened. I saw Alexis hovering above me, reaching her hand out. My hand rose up, but it didn't get a few centimetres before it stopped and I fell limp after seeing a flash of light.

"I wasn't able to kill him......"

"Too easy." Saevio chuckled as he left Artemis's corpse to rot and proceeded out of the door to greet his army.

To be continued......

Is anyone crying?
    Monster Hunter Tri Status:
    - Hunter Rank: HR1 (Yay, me noob)
    - Favourite Weapon: Switch Axe
    - Current Most Proficient Weapons: Switch Axe, Hammer
    - Current Armour: Barroth Set + Lagiacrus Set
    - Current Most Hated Monster: Rathalos
    (Stop flying, wings fer' brains!)

Jr. Necki

So the final battle continues........

YeaH!!!

Don't Make It End Like The Other Ones Nooooooooooooooooo Ivan T.t

what kon thinks when looking at RE
    Kon. says:
    there is leon shaving uuuh saving her
    http://timbucktoe.myminicity.com/
    please help me grow
    http://timbucktoe.myminicity.com/ind

Spoiler!

Chapter done......

Chapter 96: Risen From The Ashes

"Where am I?" I looked around in surprise. I was hovering in the air above what appeared to be a corpse of a winged woman. Her wings were dull gray in colour, and there was a mutant porcupine-scorpion monstrosity crawling out of the room. "Who am I?" I wondered, then took a look at myself. My body was pale gray, as if I was a spirit of some sort. I descended to the corpse and tried to roll it over to see who it was, but my hands passed through it. "Am I......?" I stared at the now vaguely familiar corpse.

"Dead?"

Everything came back to me now. My name was Artemis. I was fighting the Ragnarok, otherwise known as the human Saevio, King of all demons. Previously he had used some kind of suppression magic to disable my fighting spirit and then kill me heartlessly. So how was I still in this world? I should have ascended to Heaven or descended to Hell by now.

"You are not dead." The Phoenix's calm voice sounded in my head. I looked around and spotted the blazing bird in front of me, hovering over my corpse. "That is an advantage provided by having myself in your body. Phoenixes cannot be killed by simply murdering them, they can only really die when they reach the end of their lifespan. Come, and let us be reborn." It closed it's eyes. I started floating towards it, and it embraced me with open wings. "You're warm...... Like my mother..." I whispered, then my eyes flew wide open. "Mum?" I gasped. The Phoenix nodded, tears streaking down it's cheeks as it transformed into the image of my own mother. "You've been with me all this time..." I started crying. "I was the product of a marauding elven Hunter and his companion, a female Phoenix. So strong was the Phoenix's love for the elf that she managed to transform her own body into a female human body. Then, they got together and you know what happened." She explained. I hugged the Phoenix, a.k.a, my mother tightly. "We need to get back in the fight. If you back down now, the whole world is finished." She hugged me tighter, absorbing me into her own warm body.

My eyes flew open and I stood up, flexing my fingers. "Thank you, mum." I whispered as my previously dull-gray wings burst into flames and melded together into two long flaming wings. "There's a problem. I'm the only Inner Beast you have now since none of the others are capable of living through death except if the host gives birth. You'll have to make do with solely me. AND the goddess Artemis." Fielda explained. My hair turned orange. "She's here too?" I asked in surprise. "She's a goddess! She's immortal. Use your common sense." Fielda groaned. I chuckled lightly and flapped my Phoenix wings, lifting myself into the air and floating out after Saevio. He was waiting for me though. "You just don't give up, do you?" He said sternly. I felt him radiating the terror particles again, but this time, I wasn't affected for some reason. "I'm with you. Don't be scared." I felt my mother's warmth all over my own body. Gritting my teeth and clenching my fists, I flew towards Saevio, roaring a battle roar.

After a few fruitless punches, I fell back and summoned the Godion Bow. It was the name of Artemis's Goddess Bow fused with my own Archaeion. The goddess's strength filled my arms as I nocked one single Soul Arrow to the string, aiming right for Saevio's heart and firing. The moment I released the string, the arrow had hit it's mark. Unlike my previous efforts, this one actually cracked the shell. The terror particles stopped. "Looks like you hit him where it hurt." Fielda chuckled. "I'm serious now, so don't get on my bad side. Oh, right, you ARE on my bad side." I smiled devilishly, and unleashed another flurry of arrows. This time, Saevio conjured up a magical barrier to protect himself, but every single one of my arrows caused the shield to crack wherever they hit. He grunted and abandoned the shield, utilizing the heavy armour on his claws to deflect the arrows. "I've got you now!" I shrieked, flying right at Saevio's neck and reaching out a blazing fist imbued with the Phoenix's strength. Somehow, Saevio managed to block it, but the blocking claw was shattered.

I could feel the difference in power between me and Saevio now. My anger only increased my powers, and it grew with every punch, kick, or arrow I managed to land on the hulking beast. He was being cornered slowly now. Finally, with a mighty roar, Saevio flung me into a wall, but I was back on him in a second. He was getting offensive now, snapping his claws and pincers at me. It was getting harder for me to close in on him.

Every now and then, Saevio managed to nick some skin off me, but it wasn't such a big deal. In fact, the wounds automatically healed themselves in a few seconds, accompanied by a small flash of light. My eyes were blazing with power now, and I was practically dancing around Saevio, dishing out punches, kicks and arrows on the fly. Finally, I managed to back Saevio into a corner. "This is for Alexis!" I shrieked, landing a hard punch on Saevio's chest. The shell cracked. "THIS IS FOR ARES!" I punched him in the exact same spot. The crack became wider. Then, I lost control. My body started moving by itself, completely punching up the cornered beast even as it roared in pain. The shell cracked entirely, and a couple of arrows easily sliced off the spikes. "GRAAH!!!" Saevio shrieked. I saw him trying to form a seal with two of his remaining claws and quickly cut them off. His eyes widened in horror. "IF YOU THINK I'LL LET YOU DO MORE MAGIC, YOU'RE WRONG!" I yelled, totally berserk. The Harbinger suddenly appeared in my hands as I flew down under Saevio's body. One quick stab pierced through the weakened shell and I flapped my wings as hard as possible, flying straight upwards. The Harbinger cut through Saevio's armour like a hot knife through butter, and sliced through his head. My wings relaxed and I started hovering in the air a bit further away. "Invincible my ass." I chuckled and loaded two huge arrow bombs. Both had power comparable to that of mini-nuclear warheads. A few seconds later, both halves of Saevio's body were burning.

"Not...so...fast..." Saevio's voice suddenly rang through the air. I looked around, trying to find the source. There was a lone skull helmet hovering in the air. I nocked and arrow to my bowstring and shot at it. It simply dodged it and flew towards me, clamping onto my head. "Mental hijacking? I don't think so." I snorted, trying to tug the helmet off even as black veins started to creep down my forehead. This thing was slow, so it wasn't much of a problem. "Can't blame a guy for trying." Saevio shrugged as I tugged the helmet off and stamped on it, finally nocking another arrow to my string and blowing the helmet to pieces. I sank to the ground, exhausted but triumphant. "There's still something you need to take care of." Fielda said softly. I nodded and got up, aiming a shining arrow at the open Demon Gate.

The arrow hit the Demon Gate's opening and went right through, causing the energy on this side to dissipate. Just as it went through, loud roars could be heard from outside. As the Demon Gate disappeared, I turned around and walked a few steps towards the exit before collapsing.

I woke up in a soft bed. "Huh?" I looked around. The Harbinger and the Godion Bow were lying on a nearby table, glinting in the sunlight. I smiled and caressed the bow's shaft. Suddenly, I noticed that someone was sleeping beside me. I rubbed my eyes. "Ares?" I mumbled, surprised. A low yawn from the mouth of the person confirmed it. "Hey, you know what time it is? I'm trying to get some sleep......" He moaned, getting up. I chuckled lightly and got up, noticing that I was wearing a pair of pink pajamas with a set of black lacy underwear underneath. I felt my cheeks turn red as I turned around. "Did you dress me?" I asked. Ares got up, rubbing his eyes. "Couldn't have you going out of the subway like that. You okay? Where's Alexis?" He explained sleepily. A solitary tear streaked down my right cheek. "She...... She took a magical bast for me." I started crying and Ares hugged me tightly into his chest. "At least you two did what you came to do." He patted me on my back.

When I had finally stopped crying, Ares offered to bring me out. "The city was pretty much decimated, but the survivors are doing what they can do fix things up. The house we were in was the first one they managed to fix, and they insisted that we have it. You did save the world after all." Ares explained as I started taking off my pajamas. A quick thought produced a black vest and black shorts, which I put on quickly. "When I got down there, I found you lying on the ground naked. Sure looked like you had a big fight, the entire subway was demolished." Ares added as we opened the door and walked out. I flexed my arm tiredly. My entire body felt sore. The first thing I saw when I took the first step out of the house was a snowflake landing on my nose and a snowy white landscape. "It's Christmas by the way, and there's a present waiting for you." Ares laughed as Roy and the others came into view. They were huddled together under a tree in winter clothes, snoring gently. "Oh." I smiled and walked over to two people who looked like they had fallen asleep hugging each other. "Kagome, Jakito. When are you gonna get married?" I asked. Both of them jerked awake and started blushing. "Erm......" Kagome stammered, extremely red in the face. In fact, almost the entire group was coupled together, except for Lopez. He wasn't present. Lacus was with Timmy, Roy with Mei Ling. Jullian was sleeping alone. "Poor guy." Ares shook his head.

"I've already been to Ellinia. It's ravaged, but Grendel survived, and the trees are growing back. The demons just...... fell over and disappeared after a sudden earthquake." Ares explained, reading my mind. "What about the other cities?" I asked. "All of the job masters survived and the towns are being rebuilt. Quite okay." He replied. Everyone the 9 of us passed by had their eyes wide open and were usually staring at me. Most of them cheered as I passed by. "A lot of people that evacuated to Orbis are coming back. The ships were too loaded." Kagome said. "Everything's fine now thanks to you. You should be happy. I'm sure Alexis would want you to be too." Timmy said. I had explained to the others about the big fight earlier on. At the mention of Alexis's name, a tear streaked down my cheek. "Yeah...... I guess she would." I looked towards the sky. An image of her face seemed to appear in the air for a moment. Suddenly, I vomited on the ground. "What?" I gasped. As far as I knew, I didn't have any health problems. Ares looked like he had seen a ghost. He quickly placed his ear to my stomach. The rest crowded around. He finally stood up with a happy expression on his face.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have a baby."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later......

"Artemis, congratulations." Kagome announced. I nodded appreciatively and swung around, admiring my wedding dress. It was a long, flowing white one, with white roses all around the hem of the skirt. The white veil contrasted my black hair, but it was really nice. Ares walked into the room in his own wedding suit. He held his arms out. "Well?" He smiled. "Very nice." I laughed, hugging him tightly. This cathedral was the very first one in Kerning that the survivors had managed to rebuild. Of course, it was a little patchy in a few areas, but it was fine. For the occasion, almost the entire city was present. My friends were in the very front rows, while the surviving Heaven's Elite members milled around behind them, chatting in excited tones. The Three Brothers were all in casts and they couldn't wave without hearing something crack. Lightning and Fury were professionals at dodging and only suffered minor injuries. Dray had his right arm in a cast, and waved with his left hand. Kyrios was bouncing up and down in his seat, and he fell off a few times to the other people's amusement. Lopez wasn't present again. He had been missing for the past week and had been presumed MIA. Most of us were to reluctant to pronounce him dead, but I believed that he had probably gone off to train.

Somewhere in the Ariant Desert......
    "Acchooo!" Lopez sneezed as he was loading a crossbow bolt into place.

Okay, enough with all the sneezing stuff. Back to Kerning......
    The wedding went on rather smoothly, although there were a few accidents every now and then. One involved me stepping on a rotten floorboard on the floor and nearly getting my foot stuck in the resulting hole. Snow continually fell into the cathedral through the bad roof, but the residents put up with it. The ceremony ended rather quickly, and Ares and me were soon walking out in our wedding clothes. "Sorry, all the cars were hunks of smoking metal." Ares apologized. "There's nothing we can do about that." I sighed, and Ares escorted me back to the house.

9 months later......
    I was panting really badly as I was wheeled into the hospital on a gurney. An extremely worried Ares followed beside, calling out my name. "Don't give up!" He cheered me on. I felt the baby in my oversized belly kick again, and I bit down the impulse to scream. My vision was blurring too. "Are...s..." I moaned painfully as the gurney was wheeled into the operation room. "Is this the end for me?" I thought as an attendant sent a sleeping potion down my throat. I fell asleep.

Ares paced outside, really worried. The operation lasted several hours. One of the best surgeons in the city had agreed to perform the operation, but still, he was worried. Artemis wasn't in her best condition, she was still recovering from her big fight last year. When the "Operation In Progress" light finally turned off, he waited at the door anxiously. There was a baby crying inside. "Yes!" Ares rejoiced. Suddenly, the door burst open, revealing a saddened procession of nurses and surgeons with Artemis's gurney following behind. One of the nurses was carrying a baby. Ares's mood instantly changed. "Your daughter made it, but......" The nurse carrying the baby handed the baby to Ares, who accepted it cautiously, staring at the face of his wife. "Artemis......" He caressed the cheeks of his wife. Her eyes and mouth were closed in an eternally peaceful slumber. "Sleep well, my love." Ares whispered, tears flowing out of his eyes. "The baby's a she, right?" He asked the surgeon. The surgeon nodded. "Then we'll call her......" The image of a tall, silver-haired woman came into his mind for some reason.

"Reika."

Hehe, it's getting interesting. Just a big turn of events all in one chapter.

Jr. Necki

Yeah Fielda is back

This fanfic has officially ended. *Starts crying*

I'll be bringing up the prologue of an entirely new fanfic tomorrow, but I mightn't be able to keep writing it from the start of the next year. Exam year, and this one can determine my future.

Wow, this was pretty deep. Though I remember you saying that you weren't going to make another sequel to this, the ending made it seem as if there is more to it. Still, it's finally over. I enjoyed reading this, and though I'd rather you take your studies more in focus, I'd love to read the next one you have in mind.

Well, this fanfic was more of a success than the prequel. More replies and views.

The prequel had 16k views and 550 replies. This one had 17k views and 610 replies.