Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Wiz Elixir v.s Meditation - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wiz Elixir v.s Meditation

Quote Originally Posted by Diablomaster View Post
    Yup. I agree with ElderDragon. For me, MP Eater is Useful especially when you are againts a bunch of monster and use mob skill.
    But he's F/p -_-"

He's going to be misting

Banned

Most f/p mages get mist around late 9x, which means they'll have approx. 5x-8x during which to benefit from mp eater and they'll still use explosion to finish off the monsters.

Jr. Necki

i say get med earlier cause it's a party skill meaning everyone gets it.

Getting the pots is like saying dont get heal cause u have hp pots that do the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by ted a View Post
    i say get med earlier cause it's a party skill meaning everyone gets it.

Getting the pots is like saying dont get heal cause u have hp pots that do the same thing
    This is true if he parties with clerics/other wizards a lot. I certainly LOVE partying with an ice/fp mage because of this fact. Especially when I'm mass healing undead, and for once they are leeching off of me :D

Haha.

<3 Foxy

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    Most f/p mages get mist around late 9x, which means they'll have approx. 5x-8x during which to benefit from mp eater and they'll still use explosion to finish off the monsters.
    Most f/p's I know maxed mist first for fast training o_o"

Also, dual ghost pirates (what I assume you'll be training on before you get mist if you do go explosion) only have 200 mp. Mp eater works 30% of the time. Sucking 80 mp every now and then will not save you a lot of money. The monsters you kill during 5X-6X have even LESS mp to suck(Samiho=120mp Grupin=160)

If you can afford it, use elixers. However, you may kill yourself when you see other f/p mages using medi for free while you spend 100ks on pots. Also, if you choose to max medi last, get tele first. It speeds up training and walking by alot. When i can't tele, i feel like those stupid green snails.

Botom Line: Meditation.
    Lv 3x Lukless I/L Mage (active)

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Meditation:

Pros:
    -Party Skill: Your party benefits as well as you if you're partying.
    -Doesn't cost money and time to repot: You save 10k for going to NLC and back, as well as 5k an elixir by using Med.
    -Won't be overriden: If some random guy in your party decides to use his lvl 3 Med right after you use an Elixir, you just wasted 5k.

Cons:
    -Costs MP: You'd have to repot anyway, so this isn't really bad.
    -You might annoy someone else that uses Elixirs, because you wasted their 5k.
    -Doesn't have the same effect until you max the skill out.

Wizard Elixir:

Pros:
    -No casting time: You don't have to wait that .5 seconds it takes for Med to kick in.
    -You get to use SP in other skills rather than using them on Med.

Cons:
    -Costs 5k a usage: You're adding expenses to yourself and so paying more money.
    -Time wasting: You have to go all the way to NLC and back when you want to repot it, and unfortunately, NLC doesn't yet have a bank, so having a mule in NLC doesn't work.
    -Doesn't help your entire party, meaning Clerics and others that didn't max Med yet or don't use elixirs won't get any help.

Overall, Meditation is better.
    Not back. Front.

I'm surprised so many people are in favour of medi still. 5k a pot really isn't all that much when you consider they last 8mins, so you're only gonna be using 7 or 8 of them in an hour. That's 40k an hour, and you're easily gonna make that off whatever you're training on. Plus you only need to use it when it makes a difference to the number of hits it takes to kill a monster, so you aren't even gonna be using it that much. If you're funded, then it's no problem at all.

I've got level 9 meditate, and I never used it at all, it ran out all the time. And even with it maxed, you'd have to cast it 18 times an hour.

Slow has got to be more useful than meditate now that you can get potions that do what meditate does anyway. Especially when you combine it with seal in 3rd job. If I train with anyone at all its with a crossbowman, so having slow would be a much greater advantage to my party training than having meditate, and since I never train with other mages I don't have to worry about their meditate cancelling out my pot.

I've not decided whether I want to max slow and only get half of mp eater, or the other way round, but I'm certainly not gonna put any more points into meditate.

You can freeze monsters, so why would you need slow? You will be spamming ice strike in 3rd job, and stopping only to recast buffs and to talk. Slow is practically useless for you, as you do not use it often in training. Those that you cannot freeze(e.g. Werewolf), you shouldn't be fighting in the 1st place. Slow is useful only against pap, where the f/p mage will slow the pap, who is freaking fast.