Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wiz Elixir v.s Meditation

Yeah i'm just planning to get medi last, or very nearly last, instead of very early on like many guides suggest. Not like i'll be using the elixirs forever, just until level 70 once medi is maxed.

Quote Originally Posted by osayidan View Post
    Yeah i'm just planning to get medi last, or very nearly last, instead of very early on like many guides suggest. Not like i'll be using the elixirs forever, just until level 70 once medi is maxed.
    provide the build please. I'm speculating on what you're thinking, but if you have a gameplay in mine. It might be a good idea to lay it out in the open.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

I haven't planned it out 100% yet since i have no experience as fire/poison mage, so i'm still looking into the skills, but here is what i have so far, ordered by level (like they do in guides):

my main goal is to max out combat ability as early as possible instead of getting more balanced between combat + support/mp conservation. the balance will be established by level 70, rather than early on like most guides. This is to suit my play style, i'll personally have more fun like this, and thats the point of playing games isn't it? :D ;)

30: 1 teleport
    31: 3 fire arrow
    32: 3 fire arrow
    33: 3 fire arrow
    34: 3 fire arrow
    35: 3 fire arrow
    36: save 3
    37: save 3
    38: save 3
    39: save 3
    40: 15 fire arrow [maxed]
    41: 1 teleport, save 2
    42: 1 teleport, save 2
    43: 1 teleport, save 2
    44: 1 teleport, save 2
    45: 10 slow, 1 poison breath
    46: 3 poison breath
    47: 3 poison breath
    48: 3 poison breath
    49: 3 poison breath
    50: 3 poison breath
    51: 3 poison breath
    52: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    53: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    54: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    55: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    56: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    57: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    58: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    59: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    60: 3 mp eater
    61: 1 mp eater, 1 poison breath, 1 teleport
    62: 3 teleport
    63: 3 teleport
    64: 1 poison breath, 2 meditation
    65: 3 meditation
    66: 3 meditation
    67: 3 meditation
    68: 3 meditation
    69: 3 meditation
    70: 3 meditation

Totals
    Fire Arrow: 30 - maxed
    Poison Breath: 19
    Slow: 10
    Teleport: 20 - maxed
    MP Eater: 20 maxed
    Meditation: 20 - maxed

note: i wrote this down really fast so i think theres 1 or 2 SP too many in that build, if that is the case those points are coming off from MP Eater.

I won't go into detailed explanations as to each choice for the order of the skills there, but like i said above, the goal is to be more combat oriented without getting held back by skills like MP Eater and Meditation. It is also made for my personal preference in play style to maximize my fun, which is the entire point of playing this game.

my main goal is to max out combat ability as early as possible instead of getting more balanced between combat + support/mp conservation. the balance will be established by level 70, rather than early on like most guides. This is to suit my play style, i'll personally have more fun like this, and thats the point of playing games isn't it? :D ;)

30: 1 teleport
    31: 3 fire arrow
    32: 3 fire arrow
    33: 3 fire arrow
    34: 3 fire arrow
    35: 3 fire arrow
    36: save 3
    37: save 3
    38: save 3
    39: save 3
    40: 15 fire arrow [maxed]
    41: 1 teleport, save 2 No point in saving it if you want teleport anyway
    42: 1 teleport, save 2 Push up the slow and see how you like it.
    43: 1 teleport, save 2
    44: 1 teleport, save 2

45: 10 slow, 1 poison breath
    46: 3 poison breath
    47: 3 poison breath
    48: 3 poison breath
    49: 3 poison breath
    50: 3 poison breath
    51: 3 poison breath
    52: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    53: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    54: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    55: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    56: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    57: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    58: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    59: 1 teleport, 2 mp eater
    60: 3 mp eater
    61: 1 mp eater, 1 poison breath, 1 teleport
    62: 3 teleport
    63: 3 teleport
    64: 1 poison breath, 2 meditation
    65: 3 meditation
    66: 3 meditation
    67: 3 meditation
    68: 3 meditation
    69: 3 meditation
    70: 3 meditation

Totals
    Fire Arrow: 30 - maxed
    Poison Breath: 19
    Slow: 10
    Teleport: 20 - maxed
    MP Eater: 20 maxed
    Meditation: 20 - maxed

note: i wrote this down really fast so i think theres 1 or 2 SP too many in that build, if that is the case those points are coming off from MP Eater.
    I think you just miscounted one point on poison. According to your build there should be 20 on poison. I'm exactly sure if 20 poison is effective, but it's your build.

Some more food for thought http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1272378

You might wanna consider trading in mpeater for max slow and poison. Just a suggestion.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

I'll definately be revising it, that was just a quick attempt at writing it down since you asked, didin't have it written yet :P

Banned

Have fun wasting large amounts of pot money on something that does the same effect as a skill, cause mp eater is so much better than meditation, you just have to get it right away. -_-''

The thng is i have large amounts of pot money and most of the gear i plan to use until 80 or so. I also run a succesful plates and jewel business thats bringing in about 6 - 10 mil per day and all i need to do is buy ores from PQers for about 1 hour a day then leave one of my computers afk with a shop :P

The thng is i have large amounts of pot money and most of the gear i plan to use until 80 or so. I also run a succesful plates and jewel business thats bringing in about 6 - 10 mil per day and all i need to do is buy ores from PQers for about 1 hour a day then leave one of my computers afk with a shop :P
    You'd have more pot money (and USE space) if you got medi

MP eater isn't great since monsters have really low mp

Banned

MP eater really shines 3rd job when you're going up against DT's and other mp-loaded stuff. It might not be that great when you get it at early lvl's, but it'll save you quite some mesos later on.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    MP eater really shines 3rd job when you're going up against DT's and other mp-loaded stuff. It might not be that great when you get it at early lvl's, but it'll save you quite some mesos later on.

Yup. I agree with ElderDragon. For me, MP Eater is Useful especially when you are againts a bunch of monster and use mob skill.
    "I need to work on My Grammar"

~MapleSEA, Bootes~
    *AFTER 3 YEARS OF QUITING, MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN HACK!*

~MapleSEA,Fornax~
    Nairfan - Magician - Lvl 16