Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wiz Elixir v.s Meditation

I had 9 points in Meditate when the pots came out. I've stopped maxing it and am using the pots. I've started maxing Tele and then will move on to MP Eater. I will max Medi eventually, but I've just moved it down in importance since I have pots that do a longer lasting job of it.
    I am perma warned!

Quote Originally Posted by ashhead View Post
    I'm surprised so many people are in favour of medi still. 5k a pot really isn't all that much when you consider they last 8mins, so you're only gonna be using 7 or 8 of them in an hour. That's 40k an hour, and you're easily gonna make that off whatever you're training on. Plus you only need to use it when it makes a difference to the number of hits it takes to kill a monster, so you aren't even gonna be using it that much. If you're funded, then it's no problem at all.

I've got level 9 meditate, and I never used it at all, it ran out all the time. And even with it maxed, you'd have to cast it 18 times an hour.

Slow has got to be more useful than meditate now that you can get potions that do what meditate does anyway. Especially when you combine it with seal in 3rd job. If I train with anyone at all its with a crossbowman, so having slow would be a much greater advantage to my party training than having meditate, and since I never train with other mages I don't have to worry about their meditate cancelling out my pot.

I've not decided whether I want to max slow and only get half of mp eater, or the other way round, but I'm certainly not gonna put any more points into meditate.
    A free power up is always useful. You might run into a situation where you run out of pots and it's a pain to head to NLC for pots. Another point of getting medi is to build up fund for later; when you start scrolling or buying prescroll gear. I wouldn't suggest throwing out medi completely.

Quote Originally Posted by firewizardjt View Post
    You can freeze monsters, so why would you need slow? You will be spamming ice strike in 3rd job, and stopping only to recast buffs and to talk. Slow is practically useless for you, as you do not use it often in training. Those that you cannot freeze(e.g. Werewolf), you shouldn't be fighting in the 1st place. Slow is useful only against pap, where the f/p mage will slow the pap, who is freaking fast.
    Slow adds to your mob control power. It works great in conjunction with TS and still viable for 4th job. How often do you party a f/p. Until the recent boomer rage in GMS, f/p were almost non existent in parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Raen View Post
    I had 9 points in Meditate when the pots came out. I've stopped maxing it and am using the pots. I've started maxing Tele and then will move on to MP Eater. I will max Medi eventually, but I've just moved it down in importance since I have pots that do a longer lasting job of it.
    I think this is the true benefit of the pots. You get to shift the order of the support.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

I spose if you needed to save funds you could use medi, but I had some fairly nice stuff (scrolled purple adventurer cape, scrolled overall and about 25 30% scrolls for my next wand), and so didn't really need to save money (bf has a mushroom shop). So as long as the pots didn't cost more than I was making off killing the monster that seemed to be the best way to go.

Not that it matters now, since us Europeans are royally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by ashhead View Post
    I spose if you needed to save funds you could use medi, but I had some fairly nice stuff (scrolled purple adventurer cape, scrolled overall and about 25 30% scrolls for my next wand), and so didn't really need to save money (bf has a mushroom shop). So as long as the pots didn't cost more than I was making off killing the monster that seemed to be the best way to go.

Not that it matters now, since us Europeans are royally screwed.
    Dang, you're fully funded. Skipping the hard way of doing this. =P On a more serious note, It's just one of the reasoning for maxing meditation. Some food for thought if you're still on the fence about it.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Science the world is affected by covid and everyone is having lockdown and financial problems, meditation is really helpful to get out of frustration. was learning meditation online. It really helps me to throughout my frustration by financial problems. Learn meditation online from https://manifestrich.com/
    Last edited by stevenmstanley; 29th June 2021 at 06:10 AM.