Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "Ask a Beginner" Thread.

Default The "Ask a Beginner" Thread.

The purpose here is for asking about Beginners; Training places, stats raising, money wise, armors, weapons, etc.

Then hopefully other experienced Beginners/players will come and answer it.
    Remember; To be specified with your answers. Don't just emerge in for the post count.
    Also before posting. Check the Approved SW Beginner Guide.

If you got a question and can't find an answer what-so-ever. Send me a Note and I will try sort it out for you.

Announcements:

KoreaMS has also added 2 more Beginner skills; one allows the player to scroll any item he cannot equip. The second skill, which has to be acquired through a quest, allows the player to ride a captured animal. Riding an animal increases his speed to 170% and jump to 120% (the normal speed and jump is 100%).

Links:
    http://www.answers.com/topic/maplest...racter-classes

http://www.adventuresinjms.com/forum...php?t1958.html

These skills will arrive to Global Maple Story sometime in January 2008.
    Guess who's back!
    4kuHe1 - PA Spearman | virginity - Noblesse

How cost effective is it to make a Perma-Beginner?
    I can't afford alot over here in windia... and Perma-Beginners look like a hell of a lot of fun. Sucks to be me some times. Lols.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoMage View Post
    How cost effective is it to make a Perma-Beginner?
    I can't afford alot over here in windia... and Perma-Beginners look like a hell of a lot of fun. Sucks to be me some times. Lols.
    It's not really any more expensive then a Job.
    The cab is much cheaper.
    You don't lose exp when you die. So less pot wasting.
    You don't got too much HP, so you can stick with the White Pot till around level 70. (One White Potion costs 320 Mesos. If you buy 100 it will only cost 32K).
    Weapons/Armors are cheap. Since Sauna is the last and best armor you will get you don't have to waste tons of money each tenth level.
    And Snowboards only costs like 50-300K now.

Although, upgrading them can be a pain.
    Most people who play Beginners are funded, and thus buy highly scrolled dex/luk saunas, godlike Frozen Tunas. And dex/speed shoes. Which costs a fortune.

But really, a Beginner is cheaper then a Job.
    I managed to get from 35-55 with only 3Mil Mesos with me. And when I reached 55 I still had 1.6 left.
    Guess who's back!

Ehh. I guess Its not to bad to make one. I'm just not in the mood to start over from scratch. Thanks though.

O_O beginner can be expensive?? there goes my funding mules >.<

My Perm-Beginner just hit level 42 and so far it has been quite a challenge and a lot of fun at the same time.

Since she (Aisukyandi was started by my daughter and we share it) is funded by my main, RaisinBran, I godly scrolled every equip so she is pretty formidable to say the least.

The key to playing a Beginner is knowing where to train. Since you have no skills really to use you have to play around until you find something. Things I look for when finding a hunting ground:

1. EXP given
    2. Spawn rate
    3. # of hits to kill

The only AP you're going to be using are STR and DEX. What I did on Aisukyandi was DEX scroll most of my equips and used Polearm of ATT scrolls on my level 20 tuna. My ACC is currently 80 so I can pour all my future AP straight into STR. Right now I can hit well over 1K damage and manage well on maps that are comparable to any other class in the game.

Another useful thing to use is the pills you get from Ludi Pot Shoppe for Sniper, Warrior, Speed and the Pain Reliever found in Omega. All will reinforce your base stats and I love the Pain Reliever especially because it cuts my damage taken almost in half.

As hireshi said at the beginning of the thread, Sleepywood's Beginner Guide is a great resource and IMHO, probably the best written and concise guide I have ever seen, hands-down. If you're going to delve down the road of creating one, this is the guide to use.
    Grammar is important. Capital letters are the difference between, helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Proud Master of the Hidden-Street Guild of Bera

List of Goals (Credits to NegiWarrior)
    1st Job l 2nd Job l 3rd Job l 4th Job | ZHelm l Level100 l CRog l Jr.Rog l Pap l Solo Pap l Zakum

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinBran View Post
    My Perm-Beginner just hit level 42 and so far it has been quite a challenge and a lot of fun at the same time.

Since she (Aisukyandi was started by my daughter and we share it) is funded by my main, RaisinBran, I godly scrolled every equip so she is pretty formidable to say the least.

The key to playing a Beginner is knowing where to train. Since you have no skills really to use you have to play around until you find something. Things I look for when finding a hunting ground:

1. EXP given
    2. Spawn rate
    3. # of hits to kill

The only AP you're going to be using are STR and DEX. What I did on Aisukyandi was DEX scroll most of my equips and used Polearm of ATT scrolls on my level 20 tuna. My ACC is currently 80 so I can pour all my future AP straight into STR. Right now I can hit well over 1K damage and manage well on maps that are comparable to any other class in the game.

Another useful thing to use is the pills you get from Ludi Pot Shoppe for Sniper, Warrior, Speed and the Pain Reliever found in Omega. All will reinforce your base stats and I love the Pain Reliever especially because it cuts my damage taken almost in half.

As hireshi said at the beginning of the thread, Sleepywood's Beginner Guide is a great resource and IMHO, probably the best written and concise guide I have ever seen, hands-down. If you're going to delve down the road of creating one, this is the guide to use.
    Had you given those godly sequips to a spearman/fighter, the dmg would be even better, and you will have other skills to support you. Of course, that isn't the point of the supernoob.

I have a level 20 beginner and he's already getting hard to train...mostly because I'm dirt poor...does anyone know if Kerning PQ is easy to get into for beginners? If it's not, i'll have to be leader...but I hate clicking lol:)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFinalBob View Post
    I have a level 20 beginner and he's already getting hard to train...mostly because I'm dirt poor...does anyone know if Kerning PQ is easy to get into for beginners? If it's not, i'll have to be leader...but I hate clicking lol:)
    Well. You should at least have 50accuracy to hit the Ligator's at stage 1. You should be equipped with a Fish Spear at least with +4accuracy. But you will be weak, and you would rely on finding nice people, since it will be more or less leeching. Since you can't afford a Tuna.

If not. The Sleepywood Dungeon is a great place! The Horny Mushroom gives 35 exp per kill, and the Zombie Mushrooms gives 40. I leveled there once a day from 31-33.
    Guess who's back!

Well. You should at least have 50accuracy to hit the Ligator's at stage 1. You should be equipped with a Fish Spear at least with +4accuracy. But you will be weak, and you would rely on finding nice people, since it will be more or less leeching. Since you can't afford a Tuna.

If not. The Sleepywood Dungeon is a great place! The Horny Mushroom gives 35 exp per kill, and the Zombie Mushrooms gives 40. I leveled there once a day from 31-33.
    Well as you said you play a lot everyday because you like but if he doesn't play as much as you do he might don't get the exp you get.Anyway you inspired me and gave me plenty of reasons to make a Perma Beginner.The thing is he is now lvl 8 made it in a few hours and maybe train him more but i must train my main until i run out of quests and have to train for myself.Then it wil get boring so i will have time to lvl my Beginner.BTW i made it in Bellocan just to meet you.As i said you are my Beginner Idol.My IGN is NonClass

Get Famed by someone in top 5 Rank
    Scroll an Arc Staff 7 times with 60%M.Atk Scrolls
    Get an Esther Shield(DONE)
    Get an Icarus Cape(DONE)
    Make 10 mil.(DONE)
    get to level 40(DONE)
    get to level 45
    get to level 50
    get to level 60
    get to level 70
    Click here if you like Beginners