Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "Ask a Beginner" Thread.

Oh ok.

I knew about the kMS boar/scroll thing but your other post was new info to me. Guess it wasn't true...
    |
    +
    |
    +
    |
    +
    Utilitas.Venustas.Firmitas

I have a level 11 Perma-Beginner, but I'm not funded at all...

I was wondering how long star and stripes would last me and what the damage difference would be compared to a level 20 (when i get there) with a frozen tuna and the same stats. (4/5)

This has probably been asked but whats a good damage range for beginners? :)

I have a question.I have a beginner in EMS and some mages and when the beginner needs etc stuff to complete quests i either get them to him or i fight with the mage to get them and then give them to him but i never gave any mesos to the beginner.
    Now my question is like this:
    "Is my beginner funded or not?"

Get Famed by someone in top 5 Rank
    Scroll an Arc Staff 7 times with 60%M.Atk Scrolls
    Get an Esther Shield(DONE)
    Get an Icarus Cape(DONE)
    Make 10 mil.(DONE)
    get to level 40(DONE)
    get to level 45
    get to level 50
    get to level 60
    get to level 70
    Click here if you like Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Argentin View Post
    I have a question.I have a beginner in EMS and some mages and when the beginner needs etc stuff to complete quests i either get them to him or i fight with the mage to get them and then give them to him but i never gave any mesos to the beginner.
    Now my question is like this:
    "Is my beginner funded or not?"

A funded Beginner means it has gotten hardly scrolled equipments from another character, or gotten money funding from another character = Funded, obviously..

If I raised my Beginner by the help of Zombie teeth's obtained by my Main, it's not funded. Since the Zombie teeth won't improve your Beginner in any way.. Except lvling, call it rather, leech. and that's the "exchange quest" which is questing as you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlit Azure View Post
    This has probably been asked but whats a good damage range for beginners? :)
    You should be a bit more specific. As in, what level are you thinking of? Weapon of use? Status raised?

An average, non-funded Beginner around level 25 with, let's say a 45 attack 4 accuracy fish spear would do a range from around 44 - 156.

Quote Originally Posted by short4ds View Post
    I have a level 11 Perma-Beginner, but I'm not funded at all...

I was wondering how long star and stripes would last me and what the damage difference would be compared to a level 20 (when i get there) with a frozen tuna and the same stats. (4/5)
    Because of the + STR in the Stars and Stripes, not that bad. DEPENDS on what kind of scroll you've been using. 60% stars and stripes + 10/ STR compared to a 55 attack Frozen Tuna would be around 80 damage different rate. If the Tuna is same scrolled it would be rather 150-200
    Guess who's back!
    4kuHe1 - PA Spearman | virginity - Noblesse

So I'm about to hit lv24 on my beginner, but I'm still training on pigs (forest easy of henesys). I'm using kenta's fish spear currently, and for all intents and purposes, I'm unfunded. I have my side character sitting there with about 2mil, but I'm not going to take money from him. I also gachaponded a few items for my beginner in hopes to get rich but have yet to sell them.

So in theory I'm a broke ass beginner, with a crappy spear. I believe I have 20 dex, the rest in stregnth, so in terms of damage, im doing the most i possibly can with what I've got (ie: nothing)

When do most beginners make the jump to green mushrooms? I've been putting it off, since most characters I've played tend to skip them altogether and go to horned mushrooms, but they have skills to rely on, i do not.

Also slightly off topic question, do tubes still drop or are they completely seasonal. They show up in the data base, but generally I don't see them being sold. Also I find blue tubes all the friggin time, but can't find red ones. Are they still dropping or what?

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekorion View Post
    So I'm about to hit lv24 on my beginner, but I'm still training on pigs (forest easy of henesys). I'm using kenta's fish spear currently, and for all intents and purposes, I'm unfunded. I have my side character sitting there with about 2mil, but I'm not going to take money from him. I also gachaponded a few items for my beginner in hopes to get rich but have yet to sell them.

So in theory I'm a broke ass beginner, with a crappy spear. I believe I have 20 dex, the rest in stregnth, so in terms of damage, im doing the most i possibly can with what I've got (ie: nothing)

When do most beginners make the jump to green mushrooms? I've been putting it off, since most characters I've played tend to skip them altogether and go to horned mushrooms, but they have skills to rely on, i do not.

Also slightly off topic question, do tubes still drop or are they completely seasonal. They show up in the data base, but generally I don't see them being sold. Also I find blue tubes all the friggin time, but can't find red ones. Are they still dropping or what?

With 20 dexterity and the Fish Spear you would do fine in the Mushroom Tree in Ellinia, there you can stand either on a platform above them, or under and hit till they eventually die. I did that with my Beginner from 15-23, you could go on all the way to 30 there too. Same with Pigs, but it takes an awful lot of time : /

It's also possible to do the Henesys PQ and sell or NPC the Equipments you might find in the Bonus, you would easily gain 100K doing so. Which is a lot for a 2x Beginner.

And I haven't found a Red Tube for about 5 or 6 Months ago.. So I don't know.
    Guess who's back!
    4kuHe1 - PA Spearman | virginity - Noblesse

Phantom Watch

Quote Originally Posted by hireshi View Post
    You should be a bit more specific. As in, what level are you thinking of? Weapon of use? Status raised?

An average, non-funded Beginner around level 25 with, let's say a 45 attack 4 accuracy fish spear would do a range from around 44 - 156.
    I'd like to jump in and interject that thats about the same damage range of my lvl 26 bowman. making a perma-begginer more viable than I thought. *jumps back out*

Should I go back to my lv 21 beginner in Scania or should I start a 1H sword sader?