Thread: 2 things

Default 2 things

1:
    The search function is set to not let us search for words shorter than 4 letters. This is usually a good thing, but in games theres usually many abbreviations that are shorter than 4 letters, making search a pain. Also, once in a while a regular word will be less than 4 letters.

2:
    The item in the database "Sky Shark Skirt" is listed as having a fixed weapon def of 24, but i have found one of 21 weapon def from a Rocky Mask.
    http://global.hidden-street.net/item...#skysharkskirt

I can provide a screenshot if needed or show it to a H-S representative in-game, i'll keep it for about a day then npc it.

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

FINALLY someone puts up a topic complaining about that stupid 4-letter requirement. I agree. It's just very annoying.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Mushmom

The search is like that to keep from searches that will include 2032090 matches from stuff like the word bat.

Then i request that you(or whoever works on these things) sets up a list of allowed words to be searched that are less than 4 letters. It just makes searching for maple terms much easier since people rarely use the full words.

for example "NLC".

Maybe make a topic asking people the most common words they think would be searched for based on MS that are 3 or less letters, and make a list of the ones that wouldn't use 2032090 querries.

The 4-letter requirement isn't something the administrators set up themelves, it's already coded in to the V-Bulletin website template. I have seen that on InvisionFree, Freewebs, IPB, and V-Bulletin.

I'm pretty sure it is not a setting you can turn on or off, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LightedSlap View Post
    The 4-letter requirement isn't something the administrators set up themelves, it's already coded in to the V-Bulletin website template. I have seen that on InvisionFree, Freewebs, IPB, and V-Bulletin.

I'm pretty sure it is not a setting you can turn on or off, but I could be wrong.
    yep, you are wrong :P
    I run a vbulletin forum, you can limit the number of letters minimum in a word, as well as make a list of exceptions for words shorter than your minimum.

Ok then, sorry. I'm more familiar with IPB and InvisionFree.

The search is also annoying b/c if you type "Way to solve gr2d" or something like that, it makes you delete everything except "solve".
    It'd be nice if that minimum got turned off.

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.