Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukless Cleric VS Cleric With Luk

Default Lukless Cleric VS Cleric With Luk

Hello Hidden-Street,

I've heard many rumors about Lukless Clerics that make a Lukless cleric seem like the best out of all magician jobs. But is it really true? A lukless cleric can do hit-miss but hits very high damage. And a normal cleric wont do hit-miss but hit all the way but not do very high damage. The damage difference at level 40 is a lukless cleric will hit around 1,000 with magic claw and a normal cleric 600-800. Are these rumors true? Also another rumor , a lukless cleric makes 3x more money then a normal cleric.

Please post your thoughts

Thanks

[Ad removed]

Dude...

Stop the effin ads.
    Hello azn4anime! It appears that you have not posted in our forum in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question in our various boards, help answer your fellow Maplers' questions with your knowledge, or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our boards?

Removed the ad, and moving to Magician section.
    Bera:

Blueness - Level 57 Fire Wizard (active)
    OutOfTheBlue - Level 41 Crossbow(wo)man (somewhat active)
    BlueAssassin - Level 37 Assassin (somewhat active)
    Emily - Level 31 Spearman (somewhat active)

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    I honestly think its an edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
    your mom is an edit.

Lol, though I don't think Luckless makes more money though.
    Luckless (I have heard) starts to get beaten BAD by the normal mages at the end of the 3rd job.
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Im not so sure about this and Im not god at this. But normal magician can beat luckless magician at high level since the got more poewrful equipment. Since now the equipment for luckless magician at high level is not coming yet, the only last thing that we can used for weapon is Black Umbrella if im not mistaken. Please correct me if I wronga anyone.

Why everyday I come here in this magician thread, it alwayas has a new topic regarding luckless magician. I feel like one day, one new topic about this
    "I need to work on My Grammar"

~MapleSEA, Bootes~
    *AFTER 3 YEARS OF QUITING, MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN HACK!*

~MapleSEA,Fornax~
    Nairfan - Magician - Lvl 16

Phantom Watch

lukless magicians don't really have an accuracy problem like you describe. and no lukless doesn't make more money BUT we do not spend as much as a normal mage would. lukless cleric is the original lukless choice, and , in my opinion, the best starting character.

zomg guide! http://forums.playpark.net/showthread.php?t=4791

*drools

Lukless keep their lama or black umbrella till the 100+. No codar or kage or dragon equips for them. The lack of a strong weapon will hurt them and it will continue this way until the GMs release some lukless equip. However, i don't think JMS or KMS have any of these, so chances are we won't get them either.

The stuff DLH is the latest and greatest maple weapon from KMS. Looking at the staff it's comparable to the black umbrella. Looks like 85 magic att is the hghest base the programmers are willing to offer lukless right now. I think there was a special scroll to upgrade the maple items.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Slime

I doubt a comparison in damage is useful, but a comparison of M.ATT at Maple Lama Staff or Black Umbrella req. levels may be handy.
    "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. At least in MS."

Quote Originally Posted by nanop44 View Post
    Lol, though I don't think Luckless makes more money though.
    Luckless (I have heard) starts to get beaten BAD by the normal mages at the end of the 3rd job.
    I guess you heard wrong. It's true that as new equips are avaible, LUK mages receive better bonuses from them. At some point they will have more MAGIC (INT+M.ATK) than LUKless mages, but the difference is minimal. It depends on the equips they are using.
    But let me tell you the real advantages of being LUKless:
    - No need to buy equips, saves a lot of money. I'm using a black umbrella, until I get booster, then I'll use my Lama staff +6. So i only bought weapons twice, a normal mage would need to buy new weapon if they don't want to fall behind. Same goes with the overall/shoes/gloves/hats.
    - As soon as you get a maple staff/lama staff or a yellow umbrella, you deal more damage than a normal mage and it will be so until lvl7x. Scrolling the lama will make this situation to last longer (lvl85+).
    - You will have more mana than a normal mage.
    - Save you the problem of buying/selling your equips as you level.

So LUKless mages get an early boost in damage, they save a lot of money, have more MP and don't need to worry about market. If it seems good enough, then be a LUKless mage (or cleric/priest).

The only thing I don't like about being LUKless is using the same overall forever.

PS: also you don't need a lama staff anymore, there is the new staff from NLC wish is essentially a Lama Staff painted in black.