Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The problem with Dragon Knights

Default The problem with Dragon Knights

Well, quite a few threads popped up recently complaining about LunerSpear, Majal and even Rook. So, what is it with Dks. I hope that I do not overgeneralise in this thread, and that no DK gets offended. I like DKs. I like them as much as the next class or person. However, their attitude can be really annoying. Anyway, the point of this thread is to:

Discuss and hypothesise on why DKs(with the DKs we are most familiar with as examples) act in such a way.

This is my take on the subject:

We give DKs too much respect and they have it too easy. Too easy as in not easy training, but as in good society status. What that means, I'll explain later.

Lets see what other classes have had to gone through in maple.

Magicians: Magicians have had to struggle through the maple island tutorial Magicians, since a little overpowered with stable magic claw damage in 1st job, have become know as ksers and this unfortunate tag has lived with me through out 2nd job. I know some people who refuse to party magicians as they believe that we are all ksers.

Wizards/Mages: Mages are believed to be very weak in late 2nd job and in 3rd job. This is due to the fact that our 1 on 1 dmg cannot compare to crewsaders or CBs or any other class. We also don't do so well in boss runs, especially against bosses that have elemnetal resistance.

Clerics/Priests: Well, we all know about clerics being treated as slaves by party members. 'OMG Y YOU NVR HEAL ME!!!YOU MADE ME DIE F U!!!!!!!' and 'HS la noob' says enough of the treatment they get.

I will not pretend to be experts on the other classes, as I only have limited knowledge of them through my lower lvled accounts and my interactions with them. What I say here is what I observed in those interactions and my inferences.

Assassins: Well, assassins are generally seen as ksers too, as they can kill fast and effeciently. Some people, while dealing with a mob, gets ksed by a sin walking past. These small incidences cause sins to be laballed as ksers too. Hermits in particular are disliked by some as they have unfortunate experiences with sins. With a smaller range and slower killing speed, other classes can get easily ksed, and this grow to dislike sins. For the majority who are not KSers, this has caused them to be targeted by this discrimination.

Bandits: Well, bandits are very hard to lvl in 1st job, and many friends I know give up one their bandits and make new accounts. Some even gave up on Maple. Those of you who have bandits as your first and unfunded accounts should know. Even in 2nd job, bandits still have some way to go before getting to full strenght.

Bowmen: Again, I do not know much about bowmen, but from my inferences, they seem to be a less popular class in maple. Many people view sins as a cooler, faster and more versatile ranged character. Some people also see bowmen as weak.

Warriors:

Pages/White Knights: Some call pages the most unpopular warrior class, due to their lack of party skills. Indeed, pages are the most uncommon class I have seen in maple, although they are definately not the weakest class.

Fighters/Crusaders: Although they are strong, some people insist that they are not that good ***coughLunercough**.

Now, on to Spearmen:

Warriors have an easy time on Maple island. In first job, they have more dmg, even more than mages or sins, and can easily solo King Slime and not die, due to high HP, which leads to people calling them pro. However, the real problem with DKs is that we respect them too much, like I stated before. How many times have you heard people saying 'OMG DKs are da best 3rd job class!!!! WE PWN YOU NOOB!!!!' Even if we do not think that they are the best, we still respect them in general. This is a huge generalisation and I know there are pitfalls in it.

While the DKs are respected, other classes, especially the less 'popular' ones, have gone through a harder time in maple, and therefore less arrogant.

Therefore, could everyone post their thoughts on this, especially the DKs. I am especially interested in what Majal has to say of this.

I hope that this thread will have an objective and immature discussion like Pyro's thread on religion, and not have people coming in saying 'OMG you are WRONG!!! DKs rulez. YOUARENOOB!!! MODS LOCK THIS THREAD!!!!'

I think the only reason that DKs or whatever class might have more annoying people, is just because it's a more popular class.

ie: more people = more annoying people. It also means more non-annoying people too, but you don't notice them because they aren't annoying you.

It's just a question of numbers. If bowmen became more popular, the number of annoying bowmen would go up.

The kind of generalisations you are making are pretty pointless.

Btw, since when were warriors best in the first job? First job warriors are lame beyond belief. :-/

Banned

I think its just chance that DKs are ass's. xD.

But by all means, I dont feel DKs are the best, I whould glady trade my level 94 for a even level 85 CB.

But, I'll try to ease up on you. Its not worth starting a forum flame war. <3

How can lunar even say that DK's are better then any class, he has been a DK for what, 3 levels? That is no excuse, you cant hold *******s like him, againts the class.

Love you too. Lol.

I'll trade myself for a supernoob.

Banned

Level 74 supernoob? He whould pwn my High dex ass xD.

OMG, This thread is already to happy for Hot Sands, I think this needs to be moved to Empty House.

EDIT: I are teh pwn of joo slime kingz, lulz.

In my experience, warriors are hard to level from like.. 15 - 50ish..
    sure, we get a mob skill in 1st job, but we slow as hell.
    When I usually meet people, bowmen and pages seemed to be the nicest to me.

2nd thread about luner, but it's okay. He's an ass, and I'm pretty sure most people know that.
    JDMTurbo
    SkyNova

It should've been in Empty House in the first place.
    Hot Sands=direct member flames
    Empty House=rants
    & although you didn't mean to overgeneralize, it's pretty much generalized.
    Anyways, I have a bigger problem with Hermits than I do DKs, because I feel that they are far more egotistical for whatever reason than any other class. But I do agree, most of all DKs & even Hermits on MS are general asses.
    Hermit/Assassins for example always think that they can KS you out of your map or something just because of their range & speed.
    Dragon Knights are always reluctant be in a 3 person party because they're losing out on exp or something.
    Yet again, not all are like this, just most.

I don't know where you heard that all warriors can outdamage magicians in first job...

Magicians get 60% mastery in first job, while warriors have the base 10%. Also, Magic Claw far outdamages any warrior's Power Strike in first job. So, mages are much more useful in KPQ (against King Slime) than a warrior that has to go close and suffer from the earthquake attack. Also, warriors have it much harder than mages from level 15-30, as magicians gain mastery in MC.

Anyway, all the classes are more or less balanced, especially after 4th job comes out, and I think you are really overgeneralizing by saying DKs have it easy. From my brother, who has a spearman, it seems that it is much harder to level a spearman to level 70 than, say, a Cleric, since that's a the character I'm playing now.

Just because a few DKs don't have a great attitude doesn't mean the whole job is made up of snobby people who look down on all other classes.

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

Bandits, hard in the first job...........?
    I never even noticed that..........:confused:
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Quote Originally Posted by penguin4tor View Post
    I don't know where you heard that all warriors can outdamage magicians in first job...

Magicians get 60% mastery in first job, while warriors have the base 10%. Also, Magic Claw far outdamages any warrior's Power Strike in first job. So, mages are much more useful in KPQ (against King Slime) than a warrior that has to go close and suffer from the earthquake attack. Also, warriors have it much harder than mages from level 15-30, as magicians gain mastery in MC.

Anyway, all the classes are more or less balanced, especially after 4th job comes out, and I think you are really overgeneralizing by saying DKs have it easy. From my brother, who has a spearman, it seems that it is much harder to level a spearman to level 70 than, say, a Cleric, since that's a the character I'm playing now.

Just because a few DKs don't have a great attitude doesn't mean the whole job is made up of snobby people who look down on all other classes.
    Well, some warriors do outdamage them.. Like.. I've seen lvl 25's doing 1k+ damage with power strike. But greater damage doesn't mean ksing them..
    And it's not really few, more like "most".
    Just like neo said, most dks and hermits are asses.. that's how we get our sterotypes.
    JDMTurbo
    SkyNova