Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Europeans banned from GMS?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Tracy View Post
    The account is not un-usable, its IP blocked, if I move to USA I will be able to play. And so does the buyer.
    Okai. I was wrong sorry.
    Murphys lv1x Thief
    Dexless Assasin-to-be
    Kradia - EMS

Quote Originally Posted by l337ronin726 View Post
    I think its still useable, if you're not in Europe, China, Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia. So maybe sell it to someone who doesn't live in those places?
    Yeah, I believe such accounts will still work in the USA, or whatever country doesn't have a local version.
    As for suits, you can't sue Nexon for anything regarding banning. The only hope you may have is complaining about lost NX cash, and then the most they'll do is give you the equivalent for EMS, or whatever local version you have.

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

Sadly, the ToS says that Nexon owns all the accounts...even if you bought NX you weren't paying for the account...just buying equips, etc. for it.

Nexon can do what they want with our accounts and block whoever they want. It's the sad truth, and since the majority of people who play gMS are in the U.S....they think it doesn't affect their profits.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayN View Post
    Sadly, the ToS says that Nexon owns all the accounts...even if you bought NX you weren't paying for the account...just buying equips, etc. for it.

Nexon can do what they want with our accounts and block whoever they want. It's the sad truth, and since the majority of people who play gMS are in the U.S....they think it doesn't affect their profits.
    Perhaps yes, but it there are still ALOT of players in Europe and Asia who plays GMS.

But even tho i'm one of those who can't play atm i kinda understand Nexon.
    The fact that they want people from Europe to play EMS is not totally wrong. Not even the fact the people from Europe won't longer be able to register accounts on GMS is ... logic.

But the way they have done it now is WRONG. By stopping ALL European IP's they have created a apocalypse that only will make things even harder for them self.

The only thing we can do now is wait... wait and see how this ends up.

*Prays that I'll have my Cleric back...*

;'3
    Murphys lv1x Thief
    Dexless Assasin-to-be
    Kradia - EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Deffmaestro View Post
    Perhaps yes, but it there are still ALOT of players in Europe and Asia who plays GMS.

But even tho i'm one of those who can't play atm i kinda understand Nexon.
    The fact that they want people from Europe to play EMS is not totally wrong. Not even the fact the people from Europe won't longer be able to register accounts on GMS is ... logic.

But the way they have done it now is WRONG. By stopping ALL European IP's they have created a apocalypse that only will make things even harder for them self.

The only thing we can do now is wait... wait and see how this ends up.

*Prays that I'll have my Cleric back...*

;'3
    I didn't mean to come off as saying that it's right of them to ban you guys. Of course it's a stupid move in my opinion, but what can you do? You can try and petition them on Nexon Forums but that may do little good seeing as they rarely listen to the players.

The best I could think of is try to try and get a Proxy or VPN...but that still makes the gameplay slow and I've only seen those for jMS.

Just further proves that Nexon sucks and MapleGlobal is going down the drain.

I miss Wizet :(

I'm not sure if you and Majal are correct.

First, it could be argue that becuase they have made a clarification statement in May 2007, they have actively encouraged people to continue to invest their money, time and etc to the game. This is the major mistake they made and cannot be argued in the other way.

Second, technically, they can use the same algoritm to block the IPs from Europe as they did for China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, SEA, etc. However, as I said, MapleStory Europe was borned 2 years after gMS. If they do so, the imapace is huge. Imagine one day, a new licenser "Canada" is born, what would happen. I am sure that they had never thought the consequences when applying the same algorithm to ban Europe IPs. If not the historical reasons, everything would be fine.

But for this occassion, it's not just NX or whatsoever, it's the origin is controvesial, and argubly broke their promise. If their promise(s) are proven to be a contributor of such losses, they are liable for all legal claims, which I would say, they deserve it.

I would say, the minimum (bottomline) for me to compromise GMS is that all my characters and NX items are migrated to EMS without loss. If they don't have the same items, I am looking for in-game Cash Shop currency compansasion.

Anything not matching this bottomline will trigger legal actions against Nexon.
    I am quite sure if each European pays US$10 (per character) for legal actions fund, Nexon would be in trouble.

We should call upon our fellow maplers to boycott buying NX

I didn't mean to come off as saying that it's right of them to ban you guys. Of course it's a stupid move in my opinion, but what can you do? You can try and petition them on Nexon Forums but that may do little good seeing as they rarely listen to the players.

The best I could think of is try to try and get a Proxy or VPN...but that still makes the gameplay slow and I've only seen those for jMS.

Just further proves that Nexon sucks and MapleGlobal is going down the drain.

I miss Wizet :(
    Not offence taken.

Well, The only thing i'm going to do is to sit back and wait, wait and hope that something is going to change within the upcoming hours.

I have to agree with you about Wizet. I can't remembering anything like this happend when they where in charge. Not sure that it ever WOULD happend if they had been in charge.

You're talking about Proxy and VPN, whats that lol?
    Murphys lv1x Thief
    Dexless Assasin-to-be
    Kradia - EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Wassow View Post
    We should call upon our fellow maplers to boycott buying NX
    I am afraid this won't work because all the Europeans are gone :(

May be Nexon is testing the impact of removing Europeans on their servers, or maybe they are trying out to see if we are mature enough to carry out some legal actions - I believe they think most of us are kids (under 18) and hence premature to do anything harmful to the company, but I doubt this is the truth!