Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate horrible grammar and spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    omfg liek ur so rite i men srsly y ppl awlays tlak like dis? it s o anonying specialy wen dey swtich leters arund in sumo der werds.

It took me three minutes to type the above, and I actually had to think about what I was typing when I did.
    exactly!! How the hell do they "naturally" type that fast. Unless, they really think that's "normal". *cringes* you know what's worse? I've tried confronting this with them and I ended up hearing bunch of nonsense on how "important" it is and how "cultural" it is to do that.

O_O and i think i've lost several IQ points after trying to argue how bad that was. cause I had book reading binges after that trying to recorrect my grammar. ._.

I doubt puberty plays a roll here.
    Yoink! The Ebilness...

My mommy says I'm not supposed to tell strangers >_>

Quote Originally Posted by BPheonix View Post
    exactly!! How the hell do they "naturally" type that fast. Unless, they really think that's "normal". *cringes* you know what's worse? I've tried confronting this with them and I ended up hearing bunch of nonsense on how "important" it is and how "cultural" it is to do that.

O_O and i think i've lost several IQ points after trying to argue how bad that was. cause I had book reading binges after that trying to recorrect my grammar. ._.

I doubt puberty plays a roll here.
    You know, it took me 5 minutes to translate the whole thing. How do they do it, I don't know.

Click to enter my YouTube Channel

Slime

I agree.

To me, typing like that says "I'm too lazy, and too important to actually acknowledge you, so I'll do whatever the hell I want and I don't care"

which REALLY makes me angry.

Quote Originally Posted by ThyGamePlaya View Post
    You know, it took me 5 minutes to translate the whole thing. How do they do it, I don't know.
    OMFG, IT TOOK ME LIKE 15 MINS TO FIGURE IT OUT WITHOUT YOU TRANSLATING.......
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

It pisses me off when people can't figure out the difference.
    You, your, you're, ur, u r, and ru.
    There, their, they're.

And seriously, stop calling people ghey or pu$$ies and names like that, ****sexuality (although I don't prefer it) isn't a crime, but discrimination towards it is, and when you call someone a pu$$y, are you discriminating females too?

Sentences such as "ur ghey" in smegas really ticks me off.

^Click!^

Eh What the hell.
    [x] 2nd Job [x] 3rd Job [ ] 4th Job [x] 100k [x] 1 mil
    [x] 5 mil [x] 10 mil [ ] ZRun

plus I found it's alarming to know how kids these days, throws around vulgaries like there's no tomorrow. ._.
    Yoink! The Ebilness...

various disguises

Quote Originally Posted by BPheonix View Post
    plus I found it's alarming to know how kids these days, throws around vulgaries like there's no tomorrow. ._.
    I don't think "vulgar" language is really a problem, at least not where I live. I'd be annoyed if someone went overboard with it, but I don't see why so many people have a problem with "bad" words. Just a minute ago, I was washing a pan, and I spilled some water over the sink and onto my pants. I instinctively said to myself "goddammit". I could've said "Oh gee golly gosh darnit", and it would've meant the same thing, except I doubt many people would be offended by it. I can understand someone being offended by the "N" word used hatefully, or something like that, but "vulgarity" status is assigned to too many words nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    Everyone is gay for SOG.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holywt View Post
    It pisses me off when people can't figure out the difference.
    You, your, you're, ur, u r, and ru.
    There, their, they're.

And seriously, stop calling people ghey or pu$$ies and names like that, ****sexuality (although I don't prefer it) isn't a crime, but discrimination towards it is, and when you call someone a pu$$y, are you discriminating females too?

Sentences such as "ur ghey" in smegas really ticks me off.
    It's a male-dominant world. The white, straight males had all the power and brought us this world way back when. Therefore, today's world will still be straight male-dominated. At least, online. This, of course, will lead to terms like "pu$$y" and "ghey" as primary insults. People are just too lazy/uncreative to think of anything else.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by slightlyoddguy View Post
    I don't think "vulgar" language is really a problem, at least not where I live. I'd be annoyed if someone went overboard with it, but I don't see why so many people have a problem with "bad" words. Just a minute ago, I was washing a pan, and I spilled some water over the sink and onto my pants. I instinctively said to myself "goddammit". I could've said "Oh gee golly gosh darnit", and it would've meant the same thing, except I doubt many people would be offended by it. I can understand someone being offended by the "N" word used hatefully, or something like that, but "vulgarity" status is assigned to too many words nowadays.
    i mean.. plain old school vulgarities. I have listen to kids saying "Fck", "******", "ho" and what's else there is, like there's no tomorrow. Maybe I'm old style, but seriously, kids aren't supposed to lash around saying all that in their age. Not being offended but heck, what are they teaching them kids these days? cause we don't go around flapping our lips like that when we were at school and that was like 3 years ago since I've last stepped in a school ground.

Every single day, I would see at least once mega with vulgarities in them, regardless how they typed it out.
    Yoink! The Ebilness...

What's funny is that when I first started GMS I had a guy on Maple Island laugh at me because I didn't know the "slang" of Maple - meaning I used proper grammar and spelling.

There's a limit to how much I can tolerate of poor grammar. Ideally everything would be proper: it honestly does make it so much less of a strain to read. Little less worse than that are the things that only a stickler cares about -missing capitals, the like. Throw in a few misspelled words and it gets annoying, but it can still be understood. One-letter substitutions and I start to zone out. Any worse than that and I pretend not to know the speaker.

I do at least try not to reject someone based on typing standards since some of the closest friends I have over text have less than desirable grammar/spelling, but aren't completely being lazy about it and are still making a good effort at being understood. What's more they tend to get picked on alot by grammar sticklers and I find that even more irritating than their typing to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by l337ronin726 View Post
    Oh, and if you get attacked by a tiger, you may survive. As long as the tiger doesn't do anything fatal to you.
    TsuruchiJin: level 70 and Sniper advancement - September 29, 2007