Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some PQers piss me off.

Default Some PQers piss me off.

Being a PQ leader is a LOT harder than you think it is, and some people really piss me off.

1. There's not always a million people looking for a pq, especially at opq. Some people really piss me off leaving the damn party just because I don't fill it up within a minute.

2. Some people looking for pq are already in a party, or even have party invites off. Most people will leave party when you ask them to, but I've still gotten the occasional "0mfg i not in party u no0b" Some people I swear want to make it as difficult as possible for them to invite you. Hiding behind people, and having names that mix up L's and I's double v's with w's. I understand that these things make it harder to be tracked, but you could at least move from behind others. And there's those people that have max haste and are jumping and running around while screaming J>PQ@@@@@@.......

3. Bonus noobs is lpq. Personally, I suck at brushing, and people really piss me off when they make a big deal out of not brushing. All you usually get is pots anyways, and it's not worth not getting back in.

4. Stereotypes, such as low level = noob leader. On my sin, first thing I did at level 35 was lead lpq. I had several people try and tell me how to do it, saying things such as "click balloon to clear stage", and screaming "OMGWTF NOOB WRONG NPC" when i rush instead of brush. They call me a noob, but not say ANYTHING to the guy who stayed in exit making me miss.

5. AFKers. Although it's not that big of a problem at opq once your inside, until your rushing or don't have enough for SR.

6. Party leavers. I hate people who leave the party inside the damn pq, just to get rushed in again. I mean, you're already with a damn good leader and a damn good party, why the hell would you leave? I really found it funny when someone did this to me, and his party didn't even get in! True, I may rush some people in, but only when they ask me to, and even then only if there party is noob.

7. People who don't fit in with any other category, like the guy who called me a noob leader just because someone else in my party didn't know what to do, or the person who went into fm without asking while waiting to get in, got pissed when I said to come back, got pissed when I chose her to expell when I realized we needed a theif (seriously, being that noob and being level 51 wizard? Who wouldn't?), then proceeded to spam the track, and said she was gonna mass defame me (but never did)

Well, I can't think of anymore, so I'll just stop right now. I may add more though.

Empty House. This place is more for forum community matters.

Heh, that's why I hardly ever PQ (that and the fact that all the PQs came out right after I exceeded the maximum levels for the LPQ and the OPQ)
    Randland Parody
    Stupid cow. Stupid, stupid, stupid cow.

The faces of Hidden-Street, through the years

Quote Originally Posted by Saighan View Post

Heh, that's why I hardly ever PQ (that and the fact that all the PQs came out right after I exceeded the maximum levels for the LPQ and the OPQ)
    Mu Long/Herb Town will have a new pq soon. 50-100s can do it. Saves me from boring grinding :)

Quote Originally Posted by Saighan View Post
    Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by firewizardjt View Post
    Mu Long/Herb Town will have a new pq soon. 50-100s can do it. Saves me from boring grinding :)
    Sounds awesome!

I got over my hatred of LPQ and have been doing it with my guild. Now, we always take two clerics incase Alishar seals one of us. Forward planning ftw, right?

Apparently not. Apparently we're 'noob' for taking more than one cleric. WTF else do we need, we have both kinds of wizard, a sin and often more than one crossbowman/woman.

Some people are so... urgh. And the worserer thing about EMS is that you have to check y'all speak the same language.
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

This is why I never lead PQs anymore, especially not during the day.

#3 is one I kind of disagree with though, and would say it depends on the situation. The last PQ I was in fell apart because our Cleric wanted to Brush since she was about 0.2% away from leveling and wanted the extra exp from the last NPC. Most of us started out wanting to rush, but we honestly didn't care all that much either way and the Cleric was pretty gung-ho about Brushing, so eventually we wanted to let her Brush.

All but the leader. He completely and continually ignored our advice to go along with the Cleric since she was the only one that really cared which one we did and threw the keys onto the top platform where nobody could get them. The really annoying thing he'd been threatening to do so for some minutes and the Cleric had said -repeatedly and quite frustratedly- that she was going to leave the party if he did so. He did, and she did, and there was another party that apparently knew her and was tracking her outside, so it took very little "Empty channel!" spamming on her part to get us to miss.

Maybe she could've handled that better but in all honesty the leader was being rather the bonehead. "We *are* rushing" despite input by the members otherwise was a pretty stupid idea, if you ask me. I wasn't all that ticked since it only took about five minutes of Retz training to level me anyway, but I was certainly done PQing for the night. The exchanges afterwards were kind of funny, though.

"What the heck, man? She said she was going to leave the party, and we said to go ahead and let her Brush, and you completely ignored everything."
    "i hate brushing"
    "Well, we didn't Brush and in addition we didn't get in. What now, smart guy?"

Quote Originally Posted by l337ronin726 View Post
    Oh, and if you get attacked by a tiger, you may survive. As long as the tiger doesn't do anything fatal to you.
    TsuruchiJin: level 70 and Sniper advancement - September 29, 2007

You're 1st example happens to me all the time. I'm very picky when it comes to picking my party. I like a certain amount of certain characters, and I really hate varying from that. I will not go to a PQ with 5 Assassins and a Cleric. I like 1 Cleric, 1 Wizard, 2 Assassins/Bandits, 1 Warrior, and me, the Bowman. Often, because I'm searching for those characters, I get people who leave the party.

AND I HATE WHEN PEOPLE SPAM "L> PQ" AND ARE ALREADY IN A PARTY. THE STUPIDITY OF THOSE PEOPLE AMAZES ME.

Oh, and bonus rushing is really easy. Pick 1 person you want to leave the party. Save their name, and click on the balloon. They'll leave the party, you invite them back in by either using the Invite button on the party page and pressing CTRL V to paste their name, or right-clicking the actual character and party-inviting.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

I have felt your pain.

http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=20991

The mental anguish never goes away. The prejudice is just too hard to get over.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Eh, forget about PQers altogether. >_>
    And the title should be "Most PQers piss me off".
    Hello azn4anime! It appears that you have not posted in our forum in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question in our various boards, help answer your fellow Maplers' questions with your knowledge, or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our boards?

stop trying

ch11
    ch11!
    ch11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CH11 YOU FCKING NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

[all that was in 5 seconds after I joined the party]

-I get to channel 11-

OMFG YOU FCKING NOOB GO FCK UR MOM

You've been expelled from the party.