Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pi*Story

Default Pi*Story

No, it's not a math game. And I'm suprised Pheonix didn't make a thread yet.

It's a new MMORPG GamenGame is producing. It looks 2d in a 3d invironment, but it's a 2d sidescroller like Maple, apparently. Here's the G&G summary;

In the days before life ever existed, the gods created a giant egg that contained a perfect world. Within this world, gods, demi-gods and fairies reigned over everyone. This giant egg was known as the world of “Pi” (π) and represented the ultimate land of paradise.
    Life was peaceful but its destiny wasn’t set. One day their fates changed as a battle arose feuding over power. Over the course of time, this desire grew even stronger and created a disturbance in the ultimate design shattering the perfect Pi into many separate mini-worlds both in time and space.
    The gods regretted their actions as they couldn’t piece the world back together. They sent forth their apostles Edda and Eddain in search of the one person who could unite the broken pieces of Pi.

And so we have found you…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sounds pretty good ;/ here are the rest of the specs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About the Product:

Pi Story is a horizontal scroll MMORPG set in a 2D background with cute animated characters. Embark on your adventure to collect the pieces of broken Pi, battle monsters along the way, and create your own new world along with friends and fellow adventurers you meet on your journey.

1) Express yourself! Customize your own character to reflect your unique personality.
    2) Stay connected outside the game. Our housing system allows you to stay in touch with other players and buy in-game items through a web browser, even when you’re not logged into the game.
    3) Tired of only hunting and gathering? In Pi Story you can also cook, go fishing, mine for minerals and engage in other fun-filled activities.
    4) Create your own storyline! Our instant dungeon system lets you enjoy a new playing experience every time by automatically generating a new dungeon. Visit another party member’s dungeon, or change the structure of the dungeon you are in through our multi scenario quests. The game storyline and dungeon change and adapt themselves according to the choices you make.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Looks like a cross between a few other games ;/ But sounds promising!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Key Features

1. Guild
    a) Guild Guardian
    - Help raise your guild’s guardian by donating items and money for its upkeep.
    - Your guild guardian comes to your aid whenever you are in trouble.
    b) Guild wars centered around guild guardians
    - Not all guild wars are created equal! Pair 8 guild members and your guild guardian against another guild to determine who will be the victor.
    - The instant dungeon system creates a different dungeon every time, allowing players to utilize different strategies and plans during their guild battles.
    c) Guild House
    - Our guild rocks! Dear guild master, please make our guild house one of comfort and rest for the travel weary members.
    - Learn production skills and sell guild created items from your guild house.
    2. Housing System
    a) Create a personalized house for your game character.
    b) You can produce various items from your house by cultivating, mining, and fishing for ingredients.
    c) The housing system in the game is equipped with Web 2.0 features and connects to a web browser, so that you can conduct trades and sales, manage your house, or communicate with players outside the game.
    d) The housing system has a family NPC that helps to create and trade items produced in your house.
    e) Become neighbors with your friends! Choose to build your house next to your friend’s house in our large house field.
    f) View the number of visitors to your house in real time. The most popular house is featured in town within the game.
    3. Activities
    a) Farming, fishing, mining…if you’re tired of the usual hunts, enjoy the various activities that Pi Story offers.
    b) You can also cook, create potions, or make weapons. Choose to dabble in all different trades, or pick one to specialize in.
    c) Look after and raise your own individual pets.
    4. Battle System
    a) Pi Story supports shortcut keys as well as combo keys for multiple battle modes.
    b) So you think words don’t hurt? Use the Casting Words System to cast a spell and attack your opponent.
    c) Tired of crowded hunting grounds and dungeons? Create an instant dungeon and enjoy a private hunt with your party members, or even by yourself.
    5. FREEDOM
    a) So you went to kill a monster because the village people asked you to…but the monster is begging you to let him go. What will you do? The story changes, according to your decision.
    b) Escape from the humdrum of boring quests with our multi scenario quests. The structure of your dungeon, and even the quest storyline, changes with the choices you make. You can also create a story together with another party member by joining his/her dungeon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAHA! Wow,
    As far as not being a pure grindfest goes, it gets a Triple A+

For anybody who get here and did NOT read the above, I reccomend re-reading because it has so many cool features.

Anyway, the official english website is located here. I already created an account.

CLOSED BETA STARTS ON THE 31ST!

If you want to play before closed beta begins, create an account at www.gamengame.com, then go to the pi-story english game site and log-in to your game&game account. From there, you can send a verification email to your email account. By confirming your email, you can make an account for the game.

The game will be up for download at 8 AM PST on August 31st. (2007)

As a thread-starters note, something that's been bugging me is that I don't know if I should pronounce it as Pee-story, or Pie-story. Either way, it's not a grand name for an MMO.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

Zomg, no pictures, my attention span wont allow me to read all that!!
    But if its a new game coming out, I might as well try it.
    Hello azn4anime! It appears that you have not posted in our forum in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question in our various boards, help answer your fellow Maplers' questions with your knowledge, or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our boards?

stop trying

I saw it a couple months ago, wondering when it would come out.

Homepage'd, so I won't forget.

NOTE TO EVERYBODY

The sign up won't work in FireFox. Use IE.

various disguises

Awesome, this really looks great. Creating an account now. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    Everyone is gay for SOG.

It's like .... a cross between maplestory and lunia >_>

[youtube]avgcMyLWNbg[/youtube]

[youtube]n8wzsjYBFnY[/youtube]

you have to type to cast spells ...
    Spoiler!

stop trying

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyxdude View Post
    Copy and paste cheating! Whoo!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyxdude View Post
    It's like .... a cross between maplestory and lunia >_>

Which basically creates a MMO LF2

Leathal Trade is now casting villains and extras, Apply Today!

There are 10 types of people in this world- those that understand binary and those that don't.

Pi Story supports shortcut keys as well as combo keys for multiple battle modes.
    It MIGHT support both, but if not, at least combos are keyed. But saying spells aloud adds a coolness factor to the game! My only hope is that there is better music, and that dungeons aren't the only form of monster hunting.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

stop trying

Quote Originally Posted by ~UnknownBandit~ View Post
    It MIGHT support both, but if not, at least combos are keyed. But saying spells aloud adds a coolness factor to the game! My only hope is that there is better music, and that dungeons aren't the only form of monster hunting.
    Dear God, that music is annoying.

And I wish there's a microphone feature. So you can stand up, yell "FIREBALL ATTACK" and pump your fist. So awesome.

now tell me that's not a rip off from both MS and Lunia

I'm a Lucky Star fan! Click here to watch Hi-Quality lucky Star Fansubs!
    Miko Productions, a MapleStory comics website in the making!
    The Adventures of Zombie Roy is out on MP!