Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NX Card Codes Cracked?

Quote Originally Posted by B2Zed View Post
    These guys are probably just trying to give us the impression that NX Cards aren't as safe as they seem to be. This taken into account people will reflect on similar things such as the CD-Keys in certain games that needs to be used to activate the installation and allows online gaming. (eg. Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Counter Strike, Halo, etc.) There are 3 possibilities i can think of:

1. They bought NX Cash, made a "profit" converting them into mesos with and are trying to lower the prices in the Free Market since most of these cash users give out stupid prices in the market. (Pretty stupid since other users might just consider that these aren't "norm" prices [normal prices in comparision to these stupid pricings these days] in the market. They'd just laugh, buy the products at a really cheap price and sell for profit with the norm price. Imagine buying Ilbis in this server for 1 million and selling it for 22 million.)

2. They are advertising the fact that NX Cards aren't as trustworthy as they seem to be. (But I already stated that they can't be used unless they are activated in-store after purchase so even if you steal loads of NX Cards at like Future Shop, they are rendered useless being unactivated.)

3. They actaully bypassed Nexon's servers and security and breeched into activating their NX Card codes. They created their own codes through some kind of code generator and activated it manually through some indirect line similar to store codes in whatsoever's location and started to advertise this exploit. (Hackers can do this but in a game of Maple Story? Not likely. If they have some sort of grudge on Nexon maybe.)
    3. im not going to say its impossible because a hacking group called Parad0x has been hacking software for ages and have been getting crafty as to fooling activation codes, but if you step back and look at it...why would a hacker/ prog designer take such time in doing this for a game such as maplestory...i find this hard to believe that they broke the codes...it would take atleast 9 months to a year to develop something that sophisticated.

Bera
    Taimeko lvl 50 Fighter
    xKintox - lvl 30 page
    xAzncopycatx - lvl 31 sin
    Kradia
    RExTaimeko - lvl 56 Fighter

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by Taimeko View Post
    It would take at least 9 months to a year to develop something that sophisticated.
    And it takes 5 to 30 minutes to get the job done. Hackers don't just make up the program once something is released, they go through simulations to tweak out their bugs in their program before using it on others. It's just how thieves go through a process and plan before robbing a bank. Smart people not only think out of the box, they bash it up, trash it up, and create a better one out of it.

Plus, going back to topic, as I said too they might not be targeting Maple Story. They might be targeting Nexon as a whole
    "Finding your passion and making it your career is the dream, the six figure salary is just a bonus."
    Check out my Ludibirum Maze Quest Guide!

stop trying

Then has anything happened in Audition or Kart Rider?

like someone said earlier, you cannot crack a NX Card code unless a Target, 7-11, or that Canadian ****store employee rings it up at the cashier. After he/she rings it up, that specific code will be sent to the MS server, and then it activates the card.

I'm a Lucky Star fan! Click here to watch Hi-Quality lucky Star Fansubs!
    Miko Productions, a MapleStory comics website in the making!
    The Adventures of Zombie Roy is out on MP!

Quote Originally Posted by Taimeko View Post
    a hacking group called Parad0x has been hacking software for ages
    There's no zero in Paradox and they're a cracking group rather than a hacking group. Old school to the max! From back before people used '1337 speak'. Nice.

Anyway yeah it seems like a crock of crap. These things usually are.

Why do you people insist on thinking that Maplestory is a "game that they shouldn't care about" ?

They net MILLIONS in NX cash a year, and it's one of the most popular MMORPGs out there.

If you can hack NX codes, you're getting them for free. But you can sell them for half their real price to other people and get PROFIT. Hackers can decide to fabricate mesos out of thin air and sell them, we all know that mesos aren't exactly cheap.

This game is VERY profitable for hackers.

Mushmom

It probably will. You start off at a small place like a hole then work through it making it a much bigger one. Nexon cards is the first target since it's just a simple code like a CD-Key. Key-gens work 75-90% of the time considering that they are from a valuable source.

I'm just not sure how they can bypass the activation process and get a legitimate code. I mean once a code is used you can't use it again which is way better than using CD-Keys. I mean the whole concept of activating cards in store is just like gift cards. The card is empty and once activated by a corresponding store, for example Future Shop, one can choose to put as much money they want or just go with the capped amount the cards says on the laminated title. The information is then digitized so that it can be used in any other Future Shop store. (So I think what they did is that they made the code compatible so that it can be used anywhere at anytime with no expiration. Thus, bypassing the activation by redirecting the code to a random store and activating it manually in the process. Since assuming there was more than one person doing this, perhaps they had an insider to activate it. It isn't that hard. I mean they are Chinese, the ones where most pirated things come from.)
    "Finding your passion and making it your career is the dream, the six figure salary is just a bonus."

It's probably just some kid scamming NX cards with a friend at Target lol...

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by Assault View Post
    It's probably just some kid scamming NX cards with a friend at Target lol...
    Take in consideration that even if that friend at Target is a cashier, they have to have close to the exact money made within the day, week, month. Something like over or less than $5 will be taking to account for leading to suspicions with that cashier. Activating the card gives a record of the item purchased and how much it was in the store. So yeah, it's either his friend bought it thanks to employee discount or they are really stupid and stole it knowing later on that they are gonna get caught. Iuno.

Um that wasn't supposed to be a serious comment! :)