Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Why do we israelies have slow loot? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do we israelies have slow loot?

Quote Originally Posted by mascot View Post
    Well, it shouldn't really matter.

It's more how the ADSL / Cable is set up from the provider.

ADSL is asynchronous, it means that if you upload, it will use your download as well, so quit any P2P software and don't surf / listen to music, MSN, Skype etc. while you're playing. Applies to any computer in your house.

My bet is that a normal 1mbps line should be sufficient for gameplaying and surfing, if you're the only one using the internet line.

---

I loot with my GPRS/3G connection when it has close to 100kbps, when it decrease to 10kbps, It's lagging so much I can't loot because the monsters will kill me hehe
    Lol upload or download ? i have 2.5Mb download bandwidth and 260kbps upload bandwidth :X do i need to upgrade it ?

isnt nexon is like at california?
    MCDonald gets owned by BK

Quote Originally Posted by llc00lthugll View Post
    isnt nexon is like at california?

It't can't be in California, should be somewhere in the middle of the US or Canada, or somewhere on the Eastern side. If it's in California, it'll be too far away from the rest of the world.

None of this "1337" stuff, it's just "ronin"

Scania:
    ksern00b - 41 Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by l337ronin726 View Post
    It't can't be in California, should be somewhere in the middle of the US or Canada, or somewhere on the Eastern side. If it's in California, it'll be too far away from the rest of the world.
    Nope, they're in Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by xdgr View Post
    Nope, they're in Cali.
    Really? They should move it towards the Eastern side of the US, so that people on the other side of the world can have better connections.

None of this "1337" stuff, it's just "ronin"

Scania:
    ksern00b - 41 Assassin

OH, thats y. i'm always wondering y others loot faster than me. like in opq, i was the one hitting that cloud and another person comes by and pick it up but i was standing there pressing z already b4 he/she even came

Banned

Unless you currently live in north america, you shouldn't be playing GMS. Sign up for european maplestory, it's much faster for you.

Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and scroll left to pick 'Los Angeles' then test your connection speed. You can post it up here. It'll tell you roughly what ping you have with the west coast US, which will tell you how quickly you communicate with those servers.

Here's mine to an LA server:

Whereas if I select a UK server I get this:

You can see I get a much higher ping time (about 14-15 times longer, which means it's wayyyyy slower) with the LA server than the UK server, which is why I pick up slowly. I used to pick up fast when they were based on the east coast US.

Speed from a NY server:

The speeds are pretty similar to the west coast, but the pink time is way lower.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it besides moving to the US or buying a pet to pick up your stuff (which is what most people do).

Banned

You didn't need to test your speed with that site to deduce that someone from europe would have diminished load speed from a server on an entirely different continent.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    You didn't need to test your speed with that site to deduce that someone from europe would have diminished load speed from a server on an entirely different continent.
    And why not? You do realise that it's not as simple as "ZOMG U LIB FAR AWAY LOLZ U R GUNA B SLOW!!11", right?

For example, my connection to Paris:

Notice the ping? Pretty close to that from NY, but the distance is stupidly closer. There are a huge number of factors affecting speeds between continents, even speeds between servers 1 mile apart, and it's silly to just say that the distance is the reason. Korea, Japan and Sweden for example have amazing domestic infrastructures, but if you go outside the country and connect to those servers, the speed will be much slower.