Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Autoban gone, hackers suing Nexon!

Default Autoban gone, hackers suing Nexon!

OMG guys, I read this in Basilmarket SO IT MUST BE TRUE.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt6425
    First, I dont know if this was posted yet or not, so sorry if it was. Anyways, I read that the autoban that stopped so many hackers got removed.

They say that some hackers sued Nexon for breaking their own ToS. In the ToS, it says clearly that it is strictly against the rules to use 3rd party programs, which is exactly what the autoban system is. So the hackers are suing nexon for $480,000 for breaking their own contract.

Sucks to be Nexon, huh?
    This is for whoever thought that the Basil forums had any intelligence.

Source: http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/439...obanGone.html#

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by LT gamer View Post
    Allow me to clarify, by the same I meant the "crap levels" they have are at a maximum in which Basil broke the scale.
    You just proved half of my quote :D

I'm glad that I used that site for auctions. Well, actually, forget it. I don't use that site for auctions either.

I just got banned from the Basil forum for saying "This is probably one of the dumbest posts ever" and pointing out the sheer idiocy of the OP's idea, and some other guy's, who claims to be a law student.

EDIT: Wait, I wasn't banned. The thread was closed. :D

lol, sueing? if anything about hackers they should be happy that they took out the autoban, not sueing them, lol. and the ToS are for players not the company. ontop of that, they are supposively sueing nexon for having a 3rd party program, but they are doing it after they took it off, meaning they don't have it on, you can't sue for things in the past. that post had so many contradictions to itself.

Dull... just dull.
    Murphys lv1x Thief
    Dexless Assasin-to-be
    Kradia - EMS

Question: even assuming Nexxon was sue-able for breaking its own ToS, how could hackers possibly be the ones to sue them?

Even assuming they could prove beyond reasonable doubt that Joe Schmoe outside of Maplestory corresponded with Hackernoobx inside, how would they have a case for Nexxon breaking the ToS when they themselves had broken it beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by l337ronin726 View Post
    Oh, and if you get attacked by a tiger, you may survive. As long as the tiger doesn't do anything fatal to you.
    TsuruchiJin: level 70 and Sniper advancement - September 29, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Pell View Post
    Question: even assuming Nexxon was sue-able for breaking its own ToS, how could hackers possibly be the ones to sue them?

Even assuming they could prove beyond reasonable doubt that Joe Schmoe outside of Maplestory corresponded with Hackernoobx inside, how would they have a case for Nexxon breaking the ToS when they themselves had broken it beforehand?
    There you have it. Crystal clear.
    Murphys lv1x Thief
    Dexless Assasin-to-be
    Kradia - EMS

LOL @ children discussing legal matters. That's like your grandparents discussing Pokemon. Auto ban? More like auto phail.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsumomo View Post
    THEY SAY
    That's my favorite part of any rumor. Who says? Where's this come from? Link please, yanno?

I mean, I have posted before saying "I read blahblah somewhere, anyone have any information on this?" I guess that's what happens with the 20 years I have on these guys. You learn rumors are... just that.

In Basil's defense, at least they came in and closed the thread?
    I am perma warned!