Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Mages. Rule? or Suck?

I think Wigum can tell you, but f/p definitely don't make the most profit per training run. =p

As well, 78+ f/p generally forego good meso training and go to the heaviest hitting monsters in the game and level up like no tomorrow (grims, etc.). Mist training is incredibly expensive, but at least with the ginseng pots now, it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. Wigs always jokes that it's not that there aren't many f/p mages out there, it's that they're all broke and having to play another character to fund their mist training=p

The raw power of a f/p is quite nice. When Wigum and I both hit the same monster at the same time and her damage ends up on top of mine, I constantly tell her that I'm just going to pretend that the 8500 damage was mine. =p
    :: Araneu : 168 Bishop :: Kiensten : 132 Paladin ::

Quote Originally Posted by DaosBeoulve View Post
    The raw power of a f/p is quite nice. When Wigum and I both hit the same monster at the same time and her damage ends up on top of mine, I constantly tell her that I'm just going to pretend that the 8500 damage was mine. =p
    Don't worry she got 9 lvls on you if the info under your sig is still correct. That's got to be why she's doing that kind of damage.:D

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Jr. Necki

My char: Priest
    Friend's char: Fire mage

During the time that he was running around in PQ's and training in/near El Nath, I was having fun training on platoon chronos.
    He had a couple of decent drops, I had 7 esther shields including a +2 that I still have. I also had tons of other drops.

I trained in platoon chronos from lvl 48 on. Before that, I was training on Wraiths. Once I got up to the 60's, I dropped on down to Soul Teddies. I never used magic guard because they couldn't OHKO me.

He has a massive 20mil in storage and about another 10 mil on his various characters.
    I have 100 mil in storage and about another 20 mil on my characters.

What is this about F/P being richest?

With Gachapon....richest is a matter of who wants to spend the most real world cash.
    KRADIA:
    KirdApe lvl 7X Priest - Looter.....
    BullyM109R lvl 4X Gunslinger - I'm not sure if this is the most fun that I've ever had, but it's close!
    WINDIA:
    Drarken lvl 7X Priest - In stasis until I can move him to Kradia....

I heard that they made that idiot proof.
    I see that you've proven them wrong once again.

Well, I leveled to 99 two nights ago, but she got to 108 last night. So for like a day I managed to be within 8 levels of her!

And now she has a 2x xp card and far more time to play than I do. I'll never manage to catch her=p

Quote Originally Posted by DaosBeoulve View Post
    Well, I leveled to 99 two nights ago, but she got to 108 last night. So for like a day I managed to be within 8 levels of her!

And now she has a 2x xp card and far more time to play than I do. I'll never manage to catch her=p
    At least you can always explain why she's outdamage you. Tell to make another character if she say otherwise. =P

Dang everyone's going 2x exp. I guess I'm one of the few going the old grind route.

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

basically it came down to it that training was a drag. Problem is if you focus on mist training, your exp numbers/hr will always be roughly the same. It doesnt speed up because you're poisoning the monster, not hitting it to death.

In any case, with ginsegs im just starting to be able to claim im not pouring money out of all my orifices. I still lose money if I don't count drops. In fact i havent had more than 5 mil at one time - it doesnt help that i suck at setting up my store.

But yea for f/p by the time i got to 60 i would have killed for a mob attack. Now i'm kinda wishing i had maxed comp before explosion - you kinda get mob attacked out by the time you're my level. I am however nearing 10k damage on fire weak, and my equips pretty much suck :P (i dont have money to buy scrolls). I pretty much just stay afloat by getting a decent drop now and again at bonefish.

75-90 are the fastest levels you'll ever have if you have the funding. Again it's much easier these days.

When daos and I are at bonefish the exp % gain is about even even with the level discrepancy and me doing the majority of the damage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Wigum View Post
    basically it came down to it that training was a drag. Problem is if you focus on mist training, your exp numbers/hr will always be roughly the same. It doesnt speed up because you're poisoning the monster, not hitting it to death.

In any case, with ginsegs im just starting to be able to claim im not pouring money out of all my orifices. I still lose money if I don't count drops. In fact i havent had more than 5 mil at one time - it doesnt help that i suck at setting up my store.

But yea for f/p by the time i got to 60 i would have killed for a mob attack. Now i'm kinda wishing i had maxed comp before explosion - you kinda get mob attacked out by the time you're my level. I am however nearing 10k damage on fire weak, and my equips pretty much suck :P (i dont have money to buy scrolls). I pretty much just stay afloat by getting a decent drop now and again at bonefish.

75-90 are the fastest levels you'll ever have if you have the funding. Again it's much easier these days.

When daos and I are at bonefish the exp % gain is about even even with the level discrepancy and me doing the majority of the damage.
    I'm at the purple squid misting away on the f/p my friend gave me. He stopped around 70. I took it to 72, then boomers came out. :D got it to 78 before the final nerfing. Started misting at squid and killing with my i/l. Hooray for dual comps. i've been trying to think of a way to get my priest on at the same time. Thoughts for later for later.. I really haven't use the pots much. I think I've been gaining mesos and I'm not using the NLC pots on the f/p.

Squids are far cheaper on the pocketbook (their magic attack sucks, and they're fairly easy to avoid), but on the whole, they're far slower than the bonefish routine or some of the higher ludi monsters. Don't get me wrong though, bonefish are far cheaper than silly grims (for wigs anyways, I don't use mg regardless, so it's just pure free training for me=p). Bonefish are also easier when I'm around because I just stay ahead of wigs and heal all the almost dead bonefish to death so she just has to focus on misting the whole map. We have it down to an art, I tell yas=p

actually with two comps, take your f/p to bone fish, mist the map down, take your cleric, heal the map down, hop back to f/p mist the map up, etc. It might work

Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

Priests being rich totally depends also on how much you boss. I do the amoria PQ most days; and let me say those geist rogs lower my MP pots down quite a bit each time, even with high level people. That darn teleport. The only time I don't lose a load of potions during APQ is when a sniper comes and uses the scarecrow.

Also bossing eragoth without a CB present (yeah, we killed it anyhow, it just took way longer) means a huge amount of potion spending. Our guild is just crazy. They wouldn't let eragoth get away with living. It was a crazy good time though.

I tend to party too far above where I should be as well, but the exp/mesos is still pretty decent since each level is so fast when I train that way.

I think level 80 was my cheapest; for 3 hours without double exp at himes; I got 105% exp and used about 200-300 ginsengs.

It's not the typical day though; getting a map without Black Crow is rare in mardia; most people can't kill it.

Anyhow I'm just saying, I had so many millions of mesos before I hit priesthood, and now I'm back down to just making it/nearly broke. I can afford potions, but I'm just really glad I bought all my level 80s and 90s gear before I started bossing and partying in crazy places. I also spent a lot of my mesos scrolling for HP gear, but in the long run it will save me money since I can train without MG now in most places, even though I'm still a lowbie priestess.

I don't really care too much about being rich though; the good thing about priests is that as long as you can afford potions, that's all you need. I'm holding off on scrolling any intermediate gear until I get to 100; I won't have any 3rd job attack spells maxed until around then.

Anyhow I'm just saying; priests aren't always rich. But I prefer playing at challenging places and having a lot of fun vs. being rich; that's where my priority is.

<3 Foxy