Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Mages. Rule? or Suck?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whendoom View Post
    Dang everyone's going 2x exp. I guess I'm one of the few going the old grind route.
    Same. :(

Good thing is, because I'm a senior now, I've got way less homework. Bad news is, my laptop broke so I'm subject to the whims of when my mom lets me use her pc until I save up for another lap top.

Quote Originally Posted by DaosBeoulve View Post
    Squids are far cheaper on the pocketbook (their magic attack sucks, and they're fairly easy to avoid), but on the whole, they're far slower than the bonefish routine or some of the higher ludi monsters. Don't get me wrong though, bonefish are far cheaper than silly grims (for wigs anyways, I don't use mg regardless, so it's just pure free training for me=p). Bonefish are also easier when I'm around because I just stay ahead of wigs and heal all the almost dead bonefish to death so she just has to focus on misting the whole map. We have it down to an art, I tell yas=p
    Quote Originally Posted by Wigum View Post
    actually with two comps, take your f/p to bone fish, mist the map down, take your cleric, heal the map down, hop back to f/p mist the map up, etc. It might work
    Only thing I didn't like at bonefish was the gobys. Random cb used to come in and hunt the houses. It killed my priest and took out my main once. got annoying, so I went to the squid. Just mist the purples, kill the black and purple with the main voila 10% an hr for the f/p. I guess I'll give bonefish anohter go now that the Himes are out.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Inconsiderate CBs still roam the bonefish maps. We had one come into a map where me, wiggy, and a 91 cb were having a party the other night. He saw us, obviously ignored that we were there, and started dropping money at a house like we should just avoid him because he showed up.

He forgot to meso guard and got blotted by a goby house magic attack=p Oops?
    :: Araneu : 168 Bishop :: Kiensten : 132 Paladin ::

Guess I'll wait till I lvl before I go back.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Fire mages. Best damage out of all mages. Definately not the richest though. On average, I'll have to say Clerics, but then you could be like me and buy every little thing that you find interesting and be flat broke...

And I'd don't have 2x exp, either T-T

And how do you have LESS hw as a senior, Elder? I'm a senior this year and I'm flooded in schoolwork and added to all my clubs and other activities, I have almost no time. If I wasn't so good at procrastinating (and being a minimalist) at everythng than I'd NEVER get a chance to play on MS.
    blah...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jgifpeg View Post
    Fire mages. Best damage out of all mages. Definately not the richest though. On average, I'll have to say Clerics, but then you could be like me and buy every little thing that you find interesting and be flat broke...

And I'd don't have 2x exp, either T-T

And how do you have LESS hw as a senior, Elder? I'm a senior this year and I'm flooded in schoolwork and added to all my clubs and other activities, I have almost no time. If I wasn't so good at procrastinating (and being a minimalist) at everythng than I'd NEVER get a chance to play on MS.
    Thunder spear is the strongest mage skill in GMS and they're pretty evenly matched during 4ht job. If you're taking about 2nd job alone, then fire arrow's strength is matched by cold beam's ability to freeze - they kill it in less hits, but we make it immobile so we can kill it feasibly in more.

Like I said, it's impossible to make that kind of clear cut distinction.

Dice

f/p: Up's:Raw Damage is high, therefore making training a little bit easier. Also have acces to knockback.

i/l: Up's: Have mob atk and can freeze therefore making training a whole lot easier.

cleric: Up's: Have heal, therefore making the most money. Training is in between the middle. Also have a mob atk.

f/p: Down's: Does not have a mob atk therefore making training a whole lot harder.

i/l Down's: Light dmg that slows down training.

Cleric: Down's: Very light dmg making training a bit harder.

Ya...but clerics have the chance to pq from 35-70. T_T"

Quote Originally Posted by jiahao_94 View Post
    Yep. Fire is the richest class in the end, not cleric. (Bet you didn't know).

At level 40, a cleric already maxes heal, meaning it heals 300%, and can two hit Zombie Mushrooms
    Bullsh!t. I have level 24 heal and I can hit 450-500 to mobs of zombie mushrooms. EACH

^Click!^

Eh What the hell.
    [x] 2nd Job [x] 3rd Job [ ] 4th Job [x] 100k [x] 1 mil
    [x] 5 mil [x] 10 mil [ ] ZRun

Quote Originally Posted by fire4ever@ View Post
    f/p: Up's:Raw Damage is high, therefore making training a little bit easier. Also have acces to knockback.

i/l: Up's: Have mob atk and can freeze therefore making training a whole lot easier.

cleric: Up's: Have heal, therefore making the most money. Training is in between the middle. Also have a mob atk.

f/p: Down's: Does not have a mob atk therefore making training a whole lot harder.

i/l Down's: Light dmg that slows down training.

Cleric: Down's: Very light dmg making training a bit harder.
    Soloing as a cleric or priest, yeah. That training is really slow. Training in parties as a priest where you are at an advantage because you are leeching in high level areas and providing buffs, well.. that's a whole new story. It's pretty easy to level if you know enough people higher than you.

Clerics and Priests shine in parties, that's all. We are built more for parties, not for damage (not until later on), so it makes sense to train with friends. Also hella more fun than training alone, in my opinion.

I don't think you can compare any of the mage classes directly.. Both of the elemental mages trains in totally different areas; each one can do great damage and get good exp if they find good training spots and/or are very skillful players. And Cleric/Priest training is just totally different than any other class in the game.

<3 Foxy