Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexy's Look at Getting RICH! [longer]

First of all, DON’T do “Book of the Ancient” unless you don’t have anything better to do. It is a very long quest that gives nothing but a level 55 cape and some exp.
    It also gives you axcess to shopping from Alcaster in El Nath, the money making items he sells are Summoning Rocks and All Cures.

All cures are like 500 mesos from him and can be resold for 1-2k each
    Summoning Rocks 5k from alcaster, 6-7k in fm.

It may sound like slow profit, but when you are totally broke (like I was after I splurged on my 11 att wg and 102 att arund right before the market crash)
    Its a decent way to get pot/startup money.

Hermits who are hardcore grinding can easily go through over 100 rocks in their training session, and many have not done the quest. I'd regularly put up 1500 summoning rocks in fm1 ch2 at 6.5k and be sold out in a few hours. One time I walked away from the comp after I set up, came back and saw someone in my shop, then watched all of the summoning rocks get sold, the guy didnt like having to come to the fm once a day for rocks so he got a weeks worth. The good thing about merchanting rocks is you dont have to worry about the item becoming worthless, people are aware of the npc price and wont let it fall below that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caru View Post
    Book of Ancients = Good
    I thought it was strange she was against it, too. Maybe it's just because it's slow money.

Phantom Watch

Okay, HUGE reply time. @_@;

Quote Originally Posted by Allysiana View Post
    Nice guide, but I'd also like to point out that in other worlds, the FM shop areas you mentioned are vastly different.

For Mardia:

Channel 1 is the only place you will find FM shops.

FM 1 is difficult to find a spot
    FM 2-4 is tricky, but if you spend about an hour waiting, you can find a decent spot in here.
    FM 5-6 usually will find a spot in the morning when people begin playing and they aren't using a mule character for their non-elfie shop

Top Row FMs (7-12) are usually cheaper, less crowded, and easy to find a spot.

3rd and 4th row FM platforms are only sometimes used during the crowded summer or holiday seasons, otherwise they remain empty.

Edit: Sorry. Also - Guild PQ can be fast for a high leveled guild and almost every time we PQ, someone usually gets a 60% scroll. The ones I know for sure are 60% overall def, 60% overall dex, 60% cape luk.

Also, another great way to make mesos is go bargain shopping. Sometimes I find an item for an unbelievably low price in the FM shops, and I can sell it for more than the price I got it for. (ex: finding an onyx apple for 800k and selling it at the going rate of 1.4mil.) I rarely do this method; but whenever I'm hunting for an item I need in the FM, if I find a truly cheap item, I tend to go for it and turn a fast profit. A lot of the stores that say "Quitting Maple, Cheap Stuff" are lies; don't be fooled by those shop titles - either know the prices of popular items (I keep an updated chart of the scroll prices in excel and print it out once and a while if they change, it may seem like work, but it saves me time from always going to check and alt-tabbing from maple all the time just to check a scroll price.) or check before you buy the supposedly great bargain.
    Thanks for the info! :O
    I only know the ways of the Scania FM, so... );

Quote Originally Posted by firewizardjt View Post
    Suggestions pl0x

If a person is willing and has enough money, they could go into the 14 DEX/ 5DEX 9 SLOTS bathrobe/sauna robe business. It's quite profitable, since my 30% scrolls seem to pass.
    Thanks again, and are you sure its profitable, or are you just lucky? D;

Quote Originally Posted by YomiGaeru View Post
    Nice guide, only thing i dont like with it, like all guides like this i have read is when you say "by level 40 everyone should have a couple mil" I have a lvl 71 ranger, and a lvl 45 Page, and I'm lucky to keep 100k.

But hey, I have bad luck I guess, I can train for 5 hours and not get a single equip drop, and all my scroll drops are def scrolls.
    Well, I grinded until level 40 on my main [not funded, of course], and I ended up with around 1.5 mil...
    But then again, I didn't bother to buy anything over 100k x]

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    It's a pretty good guide, yes, but people hate hardcore merchanters.

People who buy things in FM 1:1 are either very rich or very stupid. I keep a steady income by gaching at Zip and selling the dark scrolls, but I sell all my items at a fair price rather than jacking the price up. Why? Nothing ever gets sold if it's too high. Go through FM 1:1 and see how many slots are actually cleared out of each shop. Smart people either spend the time to go through every single shop, OR use an owl (my preference)...

...Which leads me away from my rant and to an actual addition to your guide:
    Don't forget the NX Owls you can buy! They search through FM and give you a list of prices/stats for the item you're trying to sell (or buy). That's a lot faster than doing it manually, if you have the rl money to spend. ^.^
    True, hardcore merchanting is generally looked down upon, but most of the people I merchant from actually KNOW the prices, and are just too lazy to go spenda time in Ch1 FM entrance selling them... [or they don't have NX, and can't buy a shop]

Also, Ch1 Fm1 is actually a "last-ditch" place to buy scrolls and equips, since almost every scroll you can imagine resides there, only at exuberant prices.
    You may say that you could spend time looking for one in the rest of FM, but the people who shop at Ch1 Fm1 are...
    1) Looking for something that the people in ch1 fm1 have hoarded
    2) Looking for a godly weapon
    3) Or, like you said, are stupid and rich. :)

Quote Originally Posted by OebanForsa View Post
    Wow, I have to say that this is the most well thought-out meso guide ever.

...Can I rate this more than five stars? D8
    :D
    Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by Caru View Post
    It also gives you axcess to shopping from Alcaster in El Nath, the money making items he sells are Summoning Rocks and All Cures.

All cures are like 500 mesos from him and can be resold for 1-2k each
    Summoning Rocks 5k from alcaster, 6-7k in fm.

It may sound like slow profit, but when you are totally broke (like I was after I splurged on my 11 att wg and 102 att arund right before the market crash)
    Its a decent way to get pot/startup money.

Hermits who are hardcore grinding can easily go through over 100 rocks in their training session, and many have not done the quest. I'd regularly put up 1500 summoning rocks in fm1 ch2 at 6.5k and be sold out in a few hours. One time I walked away from the comp after I set up, came back and saw someone in my shop, then watched all of the summoning rocks get sold, the guy didnt like having to come to the fm once a day for rocks so he got a weeks worth. The good thing about merchanting rocks is you dont have to worry about the item becoming worthless, people are aware of the npc price and wont let it fall below that.
    Well, I know about that method, and I've actually completed the Book of Ancient quest/its follow-up quests, and you're right.
    It is a VERY good way to get some startup money, but not so good for later merchanting...
    And you NEED a good spot in the FM to sell them off [in Scania, I don't know about other worlds]

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    I thought it was strange she was against it, too. Maybe it's just because it's slow money.
    It is pretty slow money, but that's not why I'm against it.
    It's because it took me much more time than it was worth to get this quest, and I was disappointed in such a meager reward [at this time, I was at my peak merchanting status! :)], and it left a very very very bad impression on me. D8

Banned

You should quote the "Quest that gives scrolls guide" or link to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by firewizardjt View Post
    Ask Majal on the Wolf Spider's Ilbi drop rates. He's the one who made so much money out of those.
    Bout, 1 every 30 minutes - 1 hour at Wolf spiders, can't wait to get a good item and get back there, but that place costs about 2m a hour.

More importantly....

THANATOS GIVES FF!!! ZOMG REALLY? HS database says no. I need a FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Majal View Post
    More importantly....

THANATOS GIVES FF!!! ZOMG REALLY? HS database says no. I need a FF.
    mSEA, yes.
    gMS, no.

Wow. This is an excellent guide! It's more useful than any other money-making guide I have ever seen.

I also have a question. Can I make good money by selling work gloves? Like if I buy 15 leathers for 200 each and make them in Kerning City, it'll cost 4k. In the FM, people buy clean regular work gloves for 35-50k each.

(I'll correct my grammar later.)

Fear the bodyless hermit!

I'll make it better...

Jr. Necki

I know more than one person that tried a %70 on the last slot and had it break. Some really, really, really, really nice stuff has been busted that way. One person got 2 30%'s and a 70 to work before the last 70% did it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Allysiana View Post
    For Mardia:

FM 1 is difficult to find a spot
    Scania is the worst lol... try finding a spot in FM1 in Scania when you have to compete with an FM-hogging guild of spot campers, stackers and A/C'ers. GG Nexon, let the rich get richer...

Phantom Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Majal View Post
    You should quote the "Quest that gives scrolls guide" or link to it.

Bout, 1 every 30 minutes - 1 hour at Wolf spiders, can't wait to get a good item and get back there, but that place costs about 2m a hour.
    Thanks, I'll add that! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by sparkturtle View Post
    Wow. This is an excellent guide! It's more useful than any other money-making guide I have ever seen.

I also have a question. Can I make good money by selling work gloves? Like if I buy 15 leathers for 200 each and make them in Kerning City, it'll cost 4k. In the FM, people buy clean regular work gloves for 35-50k each.

(I'll correct my grammar later.)
    WGs are a VERY good way to increase your money, though it won't work later on. Thanks for reminding me, I'll add it! :]

Quote Originally Posted by RoxStarz View Post
    I know more than one person that tried a %70 on the last slot and had it break. Some really, really, really, really nice stuff has been busted that way. One person got 2 30%'s and a 70 to work before the last 70% did it in.
    I got 6 30%s to work [on a hand axe], and a 70 broke it. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Assault View Post
    Scania is the worst lol... try finding a spot in FM1 in Scania when you have to compete with an FM-hogging guild of spot campers, stackers and A/C'ers. GG Nexon, let the rich get richer...

Amen. D;

Phantom Watch

Oh, and BTW, I need some feedback whether or not to go on and make a archetypical Spearman/DK guide with some weird personal twists...
    Oui or non? D:

EDIT: ...double posting on accident sucks. @_@; Wrong button...!