Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Dexless'

Default 'Dexless'

I know! I KNOW! I've searched, but none of the seem to answer my question.

When people say 'dexless' do they mean just 25 dex, then all the rest of the points go into Luk, or just a lower dex than usual to equip some items. (I presume this is the 'low dex' option.)

Would someone kindly explain it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Sennheiser93 View Post
    I know! I KNOW! I've searched, but none of the seem to answer my question.

When people say 'dexless' do they mean just 25 dex, then all the rest of the points go into Luk, or just a lower dex than usual to equip some items. (I presume this is the 'low dex' option.)

Would someone kindly explain it to me?
    Dexless is 25 dex, the bare minimum needed to be a rouge.

Low dex is having less dex than the average built. People usually switch form pure luk to this in their late 70s, since they have to get that scarab.

Ah, okay. So they just use low dex equips throughtout level 10-level 70?

Jr. Necki

Dexless is 25 dex, 4 str, 4 int, rest luk. If you have any more than 25 dex you are no longer dexless, but low dex.

The lvl 43 Maple Kandayo makes dexless a viable build.

Low dex is a very expensive way to make a character, but currently provides the most powerful assassin build. A low dex sin buys the best dex equipment they can, and then adds points to their base dex to make up the difference. Low dex only add enough dex to allow them to equip their claw. From the guide I read the cost to make a powerful low dex is about 500 million. Prices may be different since the guide came out, but either way, don't expect it to be cheap.

Regular sin build simply adds enough dex to wear the armor and equips they want too. This is the weakest build, which would make sense because why would people go dexless or low dex if regular dex was better?

Reading these forums you will hear plenty of myths concerning dexless. Lets just clear those up so you aren't confused.

MYTH: Dexless can't hit the bad guys cuz the dex is too low.
    TRUTH: My dexless is lvl 60 and I haven't had any probs hitting baddies yet. How is this so? Luk adds to accuracy also, not just dex. Also, maxing the first lvl skill nimble body will give a thief +20 accuracy and +20 avoid. Maxing the second lvl skill Claw Mastery will add another +20 accuracy.

MYTH: Dexless is expensive
    TRUTH: You will be wearing a brown bamboo hat and noob clothes for along time. You will end up saving a ton on clothes. The only item that is a must have is a Maple Claw and then Maple Kandayo. Those may seem expensive, but are they really more expensive than the other claws thiefs buy? You can spend alot of money on dexless, just like you could spend alot on regular build or low dex build. The more you spend the more powerful your character will be. You can make a dexless on the cheap and still have plenty of firepower.

MYTH: Dexless quickly get outdamaged by regular and low dex sins.
    TRUTH: low dex will pass up dexless no doubt, and if you have the money to go low dex go for it. Regular dex wont catch up until around level 116. The height of a dexless advantage is in the 50's and 60's. The damage difference is just ridiculous. Many go dexless with the intention of switching to low dex or regular dex at a higher lvl.

MYTH: dexless have to wear noob clothes, and wear the same claw forever
    TRUTH: ummm, yea, that really isn't a myth. If you want to wear the cool thief clothes and use the cool looking claws dexless isn't for you. When/If I ever convert from no dex I will probably never want to look at a brown bamboo hat ever again.

Thank you so much RoxStarz! The post cleared up a lot for me!

Quote Originally Posted by firewizardjt View Post
    Low dex is having less dex than the average built. People usually switch form pure luk to this in their late 70s, since they have to get that scarab.
    Not entirely true, my sin is going low-dex and I'm making up what I need for a scarab in equips. I figure by the time I get to 70 I'll have enough money to do it too.

I'm doing it thusly:

Current base dex = 70 (so I could wear my avenger).
    Avenger scrolled = 14 dex bonus. Total dex = 84 now.
    Snowshoes - 1 dex (I messed up the scrolling >_>) but I'm saving for some good dex ones.
    Current total dex = 85

Equips coming:
    5 dex cape at level 50. Total dex will = 90 then.
    5 dex glove. I know, I should have an attack glove but I'm experimenting. If it all goes to hell, the glove was cheap so that's not an issue. 'Sides, my warrior could use it.

Total dex will = 95 then. If (when) I can get some 10 dex snowshoes *insert flying pig here* I'll have 105 dex, most of which comes from equips.

Which means I'll only have to add 5 more dex to wear my scarab. My base dex will be 75 then.

That was a lot of maths for me x.x

If this doesn't work though, I'm not too bothered about adding dex. And it's a good job I like the red avenger, isn't it ^^ seeing as I'm stuck with it for eternity.
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxStarz View Post
    MYTH: Dexless is expensive
    TRUTH: You will be wearing a brown bamboo hat and noob clothes for along time. You will end up saving a ton on clothes. The only item that is a must have is a Maple Claw and then Maple Kandayo. Those may seem expensive, but are they really more expensive than the other claws thiefs buy? You can spend alot of money on dexless, just like you could spend alot on regular build or low dex build. The more you spend the more powerful your character will be. You can make a dexless on the cheap and still have plenty of firepower.
    RoxStarz, you have just earned my respect, far too people on the forums lack common sense and you have proven yours.

I'd like to add on to that comment. All 3 builds (dexless, "lowdex", "normal dex") have the same concept: the more you spend, the more powerful you will be.

Of course, all 3 builds will spend money on atk equips, such as glove atk, pink cape, and stars. Here's the difference:
    Dexless spend their money on scrolled dexless weapons that gives attack, kandayo/musashi claw or kfan/wagner, and equipment that gives luck, such as sauna robes, luk capes, etc.

Lowdex focus on getting equips that boost dex, such as dex sauna, dex snowshoes, green sonata, and earrings. The total dex of a dexless will be the same as the total dex of a normal dex. That is, add together your base dex and all your equip bonuses, and you will have the same dex. The reason people choose to go lowdex is because dex equipment is less expensive than luk equipment.

Normal dex will focus in getting equips that boost luk, such as luk capes, but they are the only build that can wear normal cloths. This is also the only build that will allow the user to wear the level 100 overalls. A normal dex build will typically wear some dex equips, such as shoes or earrings since they cannot be scrolled for luk, but in general, I do not consider someone to be lowdex (even if they are using dex shoes and dex earrings) unless they are using dex overalls or a dex cape. The main advantage to using a "normal dex" build is that you are free to change your equips as you please. You are not "tied" to your equips the way that a lowdex is. For example, my character right now is using the red pirate equip set. Right now, I could switch to luk sauna if I wanted to since I have enough base dex to wear all my other equips. But a lowdex cannot change their armor since they need the dex their sauna provides to wear all their other equips.

As RoxStarz said, no build has to be expensive, but the more you spend, the more powerful you will be.
    Ninja hat and pirate pants!? This is blasphemy! This is madness! THIS IS MAPLE STORY!

Question: I know I probably won't be able to afford a "godly" scarab, so I plan to buy a "godly" gigantic. At level 70 should I put my dex up to 110 to wear my level 70 equipment or just cap it 100 since I'm going to use my gigantic anyway.

Though who knows, I might suddenly become rich and be able to afford a "godly" scarab.
    God! Why the hell did I have the same signature for so long? I don't even play Maple anymore. =.=

Play for a worthy cause.

I get it now! A low dex has pretty much the same dex as a normal dex after equips, but adds more onto Luk to do a higher damage?

Now, I'm currently underfunded, so as a dexless sin I should focus more on items scrolled for what?

Quote Originally Posted by CountessZero View Post
    Not entirely true, my sin is going low-dex and I'm making up what I need for a scarab in equips. I figure by the time I get to 70 I'll have enough money to do it too.

I'm doing it thusly:

Current base dex = 70 (so I could wear my avenger).
    Avenger scrolled = 14 dex bonus. Total dex = 84 now.
    Snowshoes - 1 dex (I messed up the scrolling >_>) but I'm saving for some good dex ones.
    Current total dex = 85

Equips coming:
    5 dex cape at level 50. Total dex will = 90 then.
    5 dex glove. I know, I should have an attack glove but I'm experimenting. If it all goes to hell, the glove was cheap so that's not an issue. 'Sides, my warrior could use it.

Total dex will = 95 then. If (when) I can get some 10 dex snowshoes *insert flying pig here* I'll have 105 dex, most of which comes from equips.

Which means I'll only have to add 5 more dex to wear my scarab. My base dex will be 75 then.

That was a lot of maths for me x.x

If this doesn't work though, I'm not too bothered about adding dex. And it's a good job I like the red avenger, isn't it ^^ seeing as I'm stuck with it for eternity.
    Ah, but if u had the scarab AND your equips? dmg hoe!