Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization of marijuana in the USA.

various disguises

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3 View Post
    if they do legalize it, they can tax it by a bunch soon after they get alot of people hooked on it. then cause people cant stop (or its really hard to), all they have to do is tax it as much as they want and insta-money for the government which would help us economically.
    This is a common misconception. Marijuana is not physically addictive.
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    Everyone is gay for SOG.

Quote Originally Posted by slightlyoddguy View Post
    This is a common misconception. Marijuana is not physically addictive.
    its not? D: then how come I hear it all the time?

various disguises

Because people oftentimes have an agenda, and if they believe strongly enough in that agenda, the means with which they reach their goal becomes irrelevant.

So, if it takes telling everyone, directly or indirectly, that marijuana is addictive to stop them from smoking it (even though it isn't true), then so be it. As far as we know, marijuana is not physically addictive (mentally, perhaps, but not physically), and if it is, it's not anywhere near the magnitude of cigarettes or something like that.

Keep in mind that we can't actually research the affects of marijuana thoroughly here in the US because it's illegal, but medical marijuana is still illegal because not enough research has been done to provide evidence of its medicinal qualities. See the problem there?

Also, just a note... I've never actually smoked pot, nor do I intend to. Hell, I can't even stand air fresheners, so there's no way I'd inhale a joint.
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    Everyone is gay for SOG.

Some experts think that people actually get addicted to that blissful kinda feeling they get. Not like cigarettes, where people need it. I think I worded that wrong, and I'll get corrected.

I don't think it'll change much. The rates of new pot smokers might decrease a bit, since it's legal, but other than that...

Marijuana is not physically addictive. It is as odd says. There are some toxins created when it burns, though. Not nearly as much as smoking (not even enough to be mentioned, maybe), though. If you use a vaporizer, you experience a somewhat stronger high than smoking it, all the while intaking virtually no toxins at all. As an added bonus, you avoid smoking's biggest downfall: it irritates the lungs. All you get is high. I sound like a commercial. Ha.

Look it up. I'm not talking about bongs.

Strata wins, marijuana is not physically addictive. The only reason it would be hard for a person to quit is because they like the feeling and it is mentally addictive because of it. Also the vaporizer stuff is true, you get a better cleaner high.
    I believe, therefor I'm insane.

i would say i am for legalize mininal amount of marijuana, simply because of the amount of court time it takes to trial these people. It shadows over important cases and waste tax payer's money. Marijuana can be a gate way ****, but only when large amount is taken. Therefore when it is at a large amount you can still get arrested.

Say No To Hunger http://www.freerice.com/index.php
    I am like a magnet, except I attract non-metallic idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by tHEeVILkItTY View Post
    I would say yes, but I know people will abuse it. (even though people already do)
    Define "abusing cannabis" please.

At any rate, it's empiricaly proven (Holland) that legalization of cannabis actually decreases the use of it. So that's a void argument, really.

Personally, I am for. A lot of reasons. It would solve a lot of the main problems in the USA today, such as overpopulation in prisons, organized crime, government funding, etc. I am for legalization of all substances. No reason why anything should be forbidden, ever.

It's ironic that the people that are most strongly against cannabis are the hardcore Christians. When you make a naturally occuring plant against the law, it's like saying god made a mistake.
    "God made the perfect creation... minus the cannabis plant."
    I gave up Maple in exchange for an active sex and social life.

so its mentally addictive. but not physically addictive. ok. so that would mean they'd want it all the time really badly then, right? so it still gets you hooked on marijuana-phonics ;D

I agree with square, I'm for it as well.
    Even if it wasnt legalized people would still do it, however making it legal would lower the crime and the things it takes to get the marijuana in the first place.
    I'm not for marijuana, but if I had a choice it would be to legalize it for the greater good.
    Hello azn4anime! It appears that you have not posted in our forum in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question in our various boards, help answer your fellow Maplers' questions with your knowledge, or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our boards?