Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization of marijuana in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by slightlyoddguy View Post
    Someone smoking a bit of pot inside their own home should not be illegal, simple as that. It's like telling me I can't drink coffee because it makes me hyper.
    Exactly. What's wrong about influencing your own body a little? Coffee does that, aspirin does that, even sugar does that. You don't cause any harm to anybody. What's the problem people? I just don't see what the problem is.

*preaching tone* "But you're harming yourself!"

That's debatable, but even if so.. so what? Am I not allowed to harm myself? It's my body, not yours. I am an adult, I can estimate the risks, weigh the good against the bad, and decide for myself, thank you very much, I don't need a government to do it for me. Besides I don't trust the governemnt when it comes to ****s and the risks involved after all the bogus ****studies they did in the past (like the MDMA one, look it up).
    People are alowed to harm themselves pretty seriously, I don't think the more extreme forms of piercing and body modification/mutilation are illegal yet, so why am I denied the right to smoke a joint just because it is "harmful for me".
    Which, incidently is debatable. It's only harmful when you smoke it, not when you eat it or when you vaporize it.

Quote Originally Posted by godshoot View Post
    Marijuana can be a gate way ****, but only when large amount is taken.
    Well, that's just incorrect. Define gateway **** please, because from your words I suspect you misunderstand the concept. Basically, you're saying that all (or is it most?) people who use a lot of cannabis go on to use harder substances? Well, that's just not true.
    I gave up Maple in exchange for an active sex and social life.

Quote Originally Posted by azn4anime View Post
    I agree with square, I'm for it as well.
    Even if it wasnt legalized people would still do it, however making it legal would lower the crime and the things it takes to get the marijuana in the first place.
    I'm not for marijuana, but if I had a choice it would be to legalize it for the greater good.
    lesser of the two evils :3

Yeah, that's also the thing. People don't think far enough. They think, "I'm against cannabis, I don't like it, I don't like the fact that some people smoke it, and I don't like those that do". Which is all fine, but then they go on "So, that must mean I want cannabis to remain illegal".

No. It has nothing to do with that. The fact whether you are against cannabis or not is not important here.My personaly philosophy is that no substance should be forbidden, ever, because of personal freedom and individuality, but that philosophy is not the reason why I think it should be legal. Just consider the effects such a legalization would bring.

The fact is, the prohibition of cannabis is not working. As the prohibition of alcohol has shown, prohibitions of substances don't work. During the prohibition of alcohol, more alcohol was consumed than when it was still legal. And bad home-brewn alcohol that could cause blindness at that. Who distributed it and made gigantic billion dollar profits? Organized crime, giving them unprecidented power and quasi-unlimited funding. Plus the government lost billions by not receiving one penny of taxes on all the alcohol consumed and the wages of people working in the illegal alcohol trade, and because of the increased expenses in police force, prisons, courts and hospitals (because of all the bad alcohol flooding the market).

Point is, prohibition doesn't work, has never worked, and they know it. Which is why they reversed it.

You can completely kill organzed crime by taking away the **** trade from them (their major source of income), and distributing ****s yourself, with a guaranteed quality and a fixed price, which would be lower than street price (Holland has set an excellent example here). Which is much beter for the society in general, on so many levels. No matter if you're against cannabis or not, the economical and social arguments are undeniable.

I smoke marijuana and it's 100% not addicting.
    I don't even know if it's mentally addicting either.

But I'm not saying marijuana's completely safe.
    Studies show that marijuana increases the chance of depression in life.

I don't play ms as much anymore

Quote Originally Posted by square View Post
    Define "abusing cannabis" please.
    Well, I'm not sure how, but I really couldn't find any other words to use. Maybe "going overboard" would be more correct.

I made that statement off of personal experiences. At my high school, a lot smoke weed.

Some of the most unexpected people smoke weed. I just found out last one that one of my good friends has been smoking it.

Anyways, kids as my school will smoke it during passing period/break/lunch, and I really think that's a bit over the top.

I know people say that smoking won't make you stupid, but a majority of the people at my school that do smoke it are under-achievers. Perhaps they're just smoking to "look cool", but I'm just throwing it in there.

Scania
    ~donnySAUR
    Myspace it, hoe.
    Or FB it.

Quote Originally Posted by tHEeVILkItTY View Post
    Well, I'm not sure how, but I really couldn't find any other words to use. Maybe "going overboard" would be more correct.

I made that statement off of personal experiences. At my high school, a lot smoke weed.

Some of the most unexpected people smoke weed. I just found out last one that one of my good friends has been smoking it.

Anyways, kids as my school will smoke it during passing period/break/lunch, and I really think that's a bit over the top.

I know people say that smoking won't make you stupid, but a majority of the people at my school that do smoke it are under-achievers. Perhaps they're just smoking to "look cool", but I'm just throwing it in there.

Phhbt, were you born in the 1800's!?

People at my school smoke weed during lunch/break ALL the time.
    I USED to do it all the time but I cut it down to Saturdays.

And yes it's true that the most UNSUSPECTED people are found to be a marijuana user. It's almost kind of sad. :\

I don't play ms as much anymore

Quote Originally Posted by WildChild View Post
    :X It's going to be one of those threads.

Personally, I think it's more harmful than the users make it seem but less harmful than all the anti-**** advocates make it seem.

But I would be against it.

For those who say "Oh alcohol's worse and it's legal!"... So what? Just because we have one legal harmful substance doesn't mean we should make another one legal too.
    My exct stance. Legalization of marijuana=more accident. More accident, we dont need as one is too many. However, marijuana should be legal for medical purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by .xxx View Post
    Phhbt, were you born in the 1800's!?
    No, I'm just a prude. A naive.

:

Scania
    ~donnySAUR
    Myspace it, hoe.
    Or FB it.

Quote Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
    Legalization of marijuana=more accident
    Are you sure? I don't see any evidence to back that up. In Hoilland cannabis is (semi) legal. Now take the amount of accidents that happen yearly in Holland and the USA, divided by their respective populations (and to be as correct as possible, throw population density in there).
    If the amount in Holland is higher, then you have the right to say what you said. I haven't looked it up myself because I'm too lazy. But then again, I'm not the one making unsupported claims about something. Lesson: don't say something in a discussion you don't know for a fact is true. It helps spreading misinformation, it helps dumben the world, and most importantly, it is poor style.

i personally am against ****s... i mean smoking drinking and SNIFFING? CMON GUYS!!!WAKEUP!!!