Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legalization of marijuana in the USA.

Hybrid View

Default Legalization of marijuana in the USA.

What's your stance?

Personally, I'm against it.

I would say yes, but I know people will abuse it. (even though people already do)

So yeah.

Talk.

Scania
    ~donnySAUR
    Myspace it, hoe.
    Or FB it.

I don't really care, it probably wouldn't change much.
    I believe, therefor I'm insane.

:X It's going to be one of those threads.

Personally, I think it's more harmful than the users make it seem but less harmful than all the anti-**** advocates make it seem.

But I would be against it.

For those who say "Oh alcohol's worse and it's legal!"... So what? Just because we have one legal harmful substance doesn't mean we should make another one legal too.
    |
    +
    |
    +
    |
    +
    Utilitas.Venustas.Firmitas

stop killing the earth!!

legalize it and tax the heck out of it. Then 20 years down the line, sue the companies for causing health problem. Welcome to the cigarette vicious cycle.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

I think it should only be sold to those in need of medical help that require that.
    I mean why should they make everyone allowed to use such a **** when they don't need it? it's like saying "here go kill yourself with this". then again i find it to be much like cigarettes as well. if they do legalize it, they can tax it by a bunch soon after they get alot of people hooked on it. then cause people cant stop (or its really hard to), all they have to do is tax it as much as they want and insta-money for the government which would help us economically. Also if you truly think about it, its possible less people would take it. like when you tell a kid, dont eat the cookies, then theyre probably gonna eat those cookies, but if you tell them eat as much as you want, they'd probably eat less, or none at all. this scenario can be the same for marujiana. yes i dont care if it messes up their bodies then it'd be their choice.
    also i thought this legalization thing was for california, not the whole U.S., oh well.

This is why cigarettes should be illegal. Cigarettes kill, marijuana does not. Plus if they made cigarettes illegal, people would roll their own anyways and rolling your own is FAR more healthy. W.e though, if people wanna screw their bodies up that's their choice.
    I believe, therefor I'm insane.

Quote Originally Posted by WildChild View Post
    :X It's going to be one of those threads.

Personally, I think it's more harmful than the users make it seem but less harmful than all the anti-**** advocates make it seem.

But I would be against it.

For those who say "Oh alcohol's worse and it's legal!"... So what? Just because we have one legal harmful substance doesn't mean we should make another one legal too.
    My exct stance. Legalization of marijuana=more accident. More accident, we dont need as one is too many. However, marijuana should be legal for medical purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
    Legalization of marijuana=more accident
    Are you sure? I don't see any evidence to back that up. In Hoilland cannabis is (semi) legal. Now take the amount of accidents that happen yearly in Holland and the USA, divided by their respective populations (and to be as correct as possible, throw population density in there).
    If the amount in Holland is higher, then you have the right to say what you said. I haven't looked it up myself because I'm too lazy. But then again, I'm not the one making unsupported claims about something. Lesson: don't say something in a discussion you don't know for a fact is true. It helps spreading misinformation, it helps dumben the world, and most importantly, it is poor style.
    I gave up Maple in exchange for an active sex and social life.

Quote Originally Posted by square View Post
    Are you sure? I don't see any evidence to back that up. In Hoilland cannabis is (semi) legal. Now take the amount of accidents that happen yearly in Holland and the USA, divided by their respective populations (and to be as correct as possible, throw population density in there).
    If the amount in Holland is higher, then you have the right to say what you said. I haven't looked it up myself because I'm too lazy. But then again, I'm not the one making unsupported claims about something. Lesson: don't say something in a discussion you don't know for a fact is true. It helps spreading misinformation, it helps dumben the world, and most importantly, it is poor style.
    You sir, havent seen what Americans are capable of.