Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter Or Crossbowman???

Quote Originally Posted by tiny40505 View Post
    Look at it this way. You have from Level 10-30 to decide which one you want to choose. I personally use both Bows and XBows during this time to see which one I liked the most. It's your decision. Asking is ok and all, but all you're doing is stirring the cage around the Bowman Threads.

I personally believe each class is honorable and respectable to the whole "Archer" class. I've never been nothing more else besides a variation of an Archer in every MMO I've ever played. Like I said, you got 20 Lvls to determine it. Asking for Pros and Cons are just giving both sides a reason to bash each other, plain and simple.
    Why blame me??? i diddnt post in 2 days and came back to this, but i think im gonna go hunter, just because there faster, and i like speed =D

Quote Originally Posted by Xzalia View Post
    Why blame me??? i diddnt post in 2 days and came back to this, but i think im gonna go hunter, just because there faster, and i like speed =D
    Didn't blame you. I said it was ok to express your concerns over the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzalia View Post
    I know this is probably said a lot, but i dont know what to be.
    I want: To be fast
    Do a lot of damage
    Be able to hit more then one thing at a time
    And be useful in PQ's

What should i be... and when i played around with a crossbow they seemed slower, is that true?:confused::confused::confused:

Well most of the aspects are fulfilled by both, but if you want faster speed then go with bowman. But xbowman is very good with iron arrow as well, train very efficiently at dummies. Also the slightly faster speed of bow can be replace with the freezing ability in 3rd job for a sniper.
    Anyways whichever floats your boat, but what do we know we're not you, in the end you have to decide which best fits your discription.

Say No To Hunger http://www.freerice.com/index.php
    I am like a magnet, except I attract non-metallic idiots.

I have a sniper so i might be a lil bias but i think snipers more interestings. Few things i enjoy about snipers are ...
    1. Iron arrow is great for mobbing, and will kill the monster that is closest to you fastest. The 6 monsters also dont have to be close together as long as they are in a straight line. And it goes through walls. Arrow bomb hits the closest monster to you for 40% dmg which i think is stupid because u want to kill them before they get to you. Monsters have to be close together course theres the vertical range but meh thats hardly important after you get erupt. And bomb causes monsters to sink in aqua.
    2. Blizzard. Better then inferno, and helps lower lvl snipers train and focus on strafe, rather then needing puppet and eagle, and keeps monsters away so you can push back the need for erupt and iron arrow is stronger anyway. Lvl 1 freeze is all you need for ages on your sniper.
    3. When you combine blizzard, the ice bird summon, dragon pulse and pierce, makes for massive damage, quick kills, and you take very few hits. While Arrow Hurricane or w/e its called shoots fast but leaves u open for attacks from behind, i dont think u can pot and ur stuck in one spot. Which basically slows you down if u have to move around alot, monsters dont always just spawn infront of you. Though it would be good for bosses if you have a healer. And the fire bird summon seems pretty useless.
    4. The speed difference between attacks doesnt really do much of anything. The rangers are just weaker and have to use more attacks to kill the same monster and thus use more mp.

I think thats it. Though thats just my opinion, no offense to any rangers out there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NegiSensei View Post
    3. When you combine blizzard, the ice bird summon, dragon pulse and pierce, makes for massive damage, quick kills, and you take very few hits. While Arrow Hurricane or w/e its called shoots fast but leaves u open for attacks from behind, i dont think u can pot and ur stuck in one spot. Which basically slows you down if u have to move around alot, monsters dont always just spawn infront of you. Though it would be good for bosses if you have a healer. And the fire bird summon seems pretty useless.
    4. The speed difference between attacks doesnt really do much of anything. The rangers are just weaker and have to use more attacks to kill the same monster and thus use more mp.
    You wouldn't use blizzard and the ice summon, the summon alone will freeze mobs and save you that extra button pressing. And as for power level, my 122 sniper friend is stronger than my 131 ranger friend and the sniper's equips aren't godly (they're not that bad either, but not godly).

Ive played both a Crossbow/sniper and a Hunter/ranger, even though they were relatively still in the lower part of 3rd job, i can still pick out the fact that even though they are similar, their style of play are quite different.

Originally I've always saw that Hunters were more for me, now that I've made my own Crossbowman, I can see that i really do enjoy them over hunters clearly. The speed factor is not really any biggie, you will adjust to the speed and once you get booster, the only time you feel slow is when sins raid your map throwing their metal toys.

I enjoy using iron arrow over arrow bomb also, the graphics of IA is more to my liking as also i never really like to use a stun mob skill that has only 60% chance to stun, as i prefer seeing all the monsters flinch in lines. I find one disadvantage of the arrow bomb that i really disliked when i played. Say as an example you are shooting 6 monsters, you may be able to stun 3-4 consecutively but the other 2-3 still is going towards you, and when monsters walk towards you you know what that means... run back, of course we could always keep running back and shoot till they die, but the horizon can only be ever so limited.
    This means you're gonna end up having to walk into the mob itself to find space in order to shoot again. And you didn't forget about the monsters that weren't successfully stunned did you? So most likely the mob formation is broken now and it created a harder time for yourself to mob them all. This is situational, I am just highlighting 1 disadvantage and 1 situation i didn't like about arrow bomb. Basically my main point was that sometimes AB breaks mob, even though iron arrow cannot stun, it keeps the formation of the mob and you can easily continue mobbing once you find a suitable space again. Plus because of the high damage of iron arrow, you can knock'em dead faster.
    Just my view~

I just found out after playing both class i really do enjoy crossbow the most, and if you didn't get my message, I'm saying that no one can tell you what to play, play it yourself and see how you feel about each class. Its surprised me how i could feel so different about these two classes.
    ==============================

Banned

Why would a sniper need to be fast when I can freeze something ? When comparing to the basilmarket thread, my damage range is that of rangers up to 10 lvl's above me. My 107 casa was worth 4 mil, their 107 metus is worth 80 mil.

Crossbow is hella fun. I think it's way better than hunters(especially if you do the right SP build). I have seen some hunters/xbowman with FA and NO PKB, which is horrible, as PKB is extremely use at lvl 13+. Iron arrow is great. Kills the monster closest to you the quickest(most of the time). Most snipers can outdamage rangers that are 15-20 lvls higher than them. My 106 sniper friend outdamages 12x rangers.

PKB sucks after it was nerfed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReGregitation View Post
    My 106 sniper friend outdamages 12x rangers.
    I probably could and my exp is probably 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
    PKB sucks after it was nerfed
    It's still pretty good. I just freeze it, then PKB it. I wish it still flinched, but it only completely sucks for rangers now.