Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter Or Crossbowman???

Default Hunter Or Crossbowman???

I know this is probably said a lot, but i dont know what to be.
    I want: To be fast
    Do a lot of damage
    Be able to hit more then one thing at a time
    And be useful in PQ's

What should i be... and when i played around with a crossbow they seemed slower, is that true?:confused::confused::confused:

Banned

Crossbowmen are slower, but we're also much stronger and during 3rd job we get a massive freeze skill (blizzard).

Rangers are quite weaker, but they're also much faster and in 4th job they get SoA, which is like strafe on crack (not necessarily better than anything crossbowmasters get, but fun in its own right).

Both archers hit more than one thing, the only division is speed vs. power. If you'd rather be fast, go ranger, otherwise go sniper.

Every time someone blindly says that Hunters > Crossbowmen, Domo-kun eats a RakSniper, please, think of the RakSnipers.
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    You can't just say go sniper, because most people won't get to 70. Being a crossbowman is like having sex while shooting arrows, while being a hunter is only like second base.
    Reasons ;
    Crossbowman are naturally stronger, because for bows you need *Your lvl +5* amount of STR, for Crossbowmen you need *your lvl* amount of STR for each crossbow. While Arrow Bomb for hunters is effective, our Iron Arrow pretty much works as a staple skill, working great with PKB (Power knock-back) to take out moderately large mobs. And anyway, booster almost takes care of that little speed difference.

RakSniper says: You are a pirate!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    Every time someone blindly says that Hunters > Crossbowmen, Domo-kun eats a RakSniper, please, think of the RakSnipers.
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    You can't just say go sniper, because most people won't get to 70. Being a crossbowman is like having sex while shooting arrows, while being a hunter is only like second base.
    Reasons ;
    Crossbowman are naturally stronger, because for bows you need *Your lvl +5* amount of STR, for Crossbowmen you need *your lvl* amount of STR for each crossbow. While Arrow Bomb for hunters is effective, our Iron Arrow pretty much works as a staple skill, working great with PKB (Power knock-back) to take out moderately large mobs. And anyway, booster almost takes care of that little speed difference.
    I have a plethora of reasons and data, comparing my 90 sniper to a whole range of other snipers. The moment I say any of it, I'm branded as having only one opinion and being too much in favor while bashing hunters, so I stick to general and vague statements that prove my argument but can't possibly arouse argument.

And domo-kun would never eat me. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    I have a plethora of reasons and data, comparing my 90 sniper to a whole range of other snipers. The moment I say any of it, I'm branded as having only one opinion and being too much in favor while bashing hunters, so I stick to general and vague statements that prove my argument but can't possibly arouse argument.

And domo-kun would never eat me. ;)
    wait what? Just give me some pros and cons

You want pros and cons?
    Crossbowmen : Strong and moderately fast
    Hunter : Faster than Crossbowmen but a lot weaker.
    But when adding Booster to the bunch, the speed difference isn't a big pro or con.

RakSniper says: You are a pirate!

Hmm, all this talk about Xbowman is tempting me to make one. Is it fun and worth my time?

Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    You want pros and cons?
    Crossbowmen : Strong and moderately fast
    Hunter : Faster than Crossbowmen but a lot weaker.
    But when adding Booster to the bunch, the speed difference isn't a big pro or con.
    What he said.

Hunters = better looking.
    Crossbowmen = half their face is blocked
    Hunter= fire power
    Crossbowman= Frost power

None of this "1337" stuff, it's just "ronin"

Scania:
    ksern00b - 41 Assassin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thardor View Post
    Hmm, all this talk about Xbowman is tempting me to make one. Is it fun and worth my time?
    Snipers is lots of fun. The only thing bad about is low hp, but with hb it's not really a problem. We're strong, our skills are useful (every rangers wishes they could freeze things with blizzard), and we look good (casa crow looks awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by l337ronin726 View Post
    What he said.

Hunters = better looking.
    Crossbowmen = half their face is blocked
    Hunter= fire power
    Crossbowman= Frost power
    Aesthetics shouldn't matter that much, it's not like the monster is gonna collapse because you're too "pretty" for it. That's what nx is for.

crossbowmen are way stronger