Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I'm a noob again. help..sniper/general questions.

okay, then regardless of where I'm training, should I still bring blizzard to 11 when I level today?

Banned

I say you should.

Update: I took both of your pieces of advice: Got blizzard to 11 and tried out death teddies. I'm pretty happy with both of them, thanks.

On a side note, I was browsing through the sleepywood forum and found this in the archer 3rd job faq.

IceShot: 21*

This is the last increment in IceShot that increases the freeze time. Recently there's a patch that changed the freeze time from 3 seconds to 5~8 seconds. I am not sure how levels before 21 work now, but from what I heard people did say that 3 seconds was a good amount of freezing time for past snipers. Before this patch though, level 21 was the absolute minimum for this skill. Personally, I do think that freeze time is handy, the longer the better. If you are undecided now, you can wait for the patch and postpone this skill until afterwards.

Is this true at all? If so, how would this affect your build?

Also, assuming this isn't true, I'm planning to raise puppet to 6 (maybe put 1 into eagle), then get erruption to 20-ish, then get blizzard to 21.

I'm also considering immediately raising blizzard all the way to 21, since the 2 second freeze is great. (3 would be amazing).

Which one do you think would be more effective? Actually, what are you currently doing in your build?

Depends really, I wouldnt be too sure, do you mob dts, or do you freeze then strafe them?

freeze-strafe, though if I had a stronger erruption I would probably use it more. Right now there's no comparison -freeze/strafe easily beats out erruption (since its level 1). Also, I might end up training somewhere else in the future (though for now, DT's are fine).

I'm actually interested in the prospect of doing gatekeepers in the early 90's..which a level 21 blizz would help with.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dacrow View Post
    Update: I took both of your pieces of advice: Got blizzard to 11 and tried out death teddies. I'm pretty happy with both of them, thanks.

On a side note, I was browsing through the sleepywood forum and found this in the archer 3rd job faq.

IceShot: 21*

This is the last increment in IceShot that increases the freeze time. Recently there's a patch that changed the freeze time from 3 seconds to 5~8 seconds. I am not sure how levels before 21 work now, but from what I heard people did say that 3 seconds was a good amount of freezing time for past snipers. Before this patch though, level 21 was the absolute minimum for this skill. Personally, I do think that freeze time is handy, the longer the better. If you are undecided now, you can wait for the patch and postpone this skill until afterwards.

Is this true at all? If so, how would this affect your build?

Also, assuming this isn't true, I'm planning to raise puppet to 6 (maybe put 1 into eagle), then get erruption to 20-ish, then get blizzard to 21.

I'm also considering immediately raising blizzard all the way to 21, since the 2 second freeze is great. (3 would be amazing).

Which one do you think would be more effective? Actually, what are you currently doing in your build?
    It is true, but it isn't. It's been like this for well before I became a sniper so my build takes things into account. With a 1 sec. blizzard, you can get in 2 shots to squids; at 2 sec. you can get in 3 shots (where I currently am) ; and at 3 sec. you can get in 4 shots total. You probably don't know this, but the in-game description for many skills is just wrong - it's not really 1,2, or 3 sec. at all but they're still good markers for progress.

If you prefer a higher lvl blizzard then go for it. I use eruption whenever I meet a mob of at least 3 (which is a bit easy at squids) so I use it at least 35% of the time - only problem is some mobs are too spread out for eruption, so I use iron arrow. As of 96, I'm at: 29 strafe, 27 eruption, 11 blizzard, 6 puppet, 5 mb, and 1 eagle. I plan on maxing strafe at 97 with 29 eruption, then maxing eruption at 98 and getting blizzard to 21. By 101 I'll be done with strafe, eruption, & blizzard and will begin raising eagle for gobis.

freeze-strafe, though if I had a stronger erruption I would probably use it more. Right now there's no comparison -freeze/strafe easily beats out erruption (since its level 1). Also, I might end up training somewhere else in the future (though for now, DT's are fine).

I'm actually interested in the prospect of doing gatekeepers in the early 90's..which a level 21 blizz would help with.
    You can really train at gatekeepers as they spawn 2 at a time with at least a minute between each spawn - I can easily kill 4~6 squids in the same time as 2 gatekeepers, averaging out to more exp per hour. Plus, if they spawn on either side of you then you'll have to dangerously alternate freezing/strafing; one hit stuns you and it's a 2hko from touch damage.

At squids, it's usually freeze/strafe for 3/5's of the time and eruption on mobs for 2/5's of the time, but iron arrow is a good substitute until you get eruption up. Eruption does have 2 advantages: it can hit things below you and it's much better for gobis. Some believe that the ability to hit things on either side of you is an advantage, but you don't want to upset 2 squids on either side (poison cloud is horrible for those of us using auto-hp).

Hey, things have been going nicely with your build, thanks. Right now I'm trying to deal with stuff outside ms, so I'm going to try to get to 90 then take a break for a while. Which means I'm trying to figure out which casa crow to get.

I could probably raise 20M by level 90, and depending on drops (ilbis?) could have a lot more/even slightly less. Right now I only have 9M-ish at level 85.

for a new level9x,what should I aim for in attack? 107 (the low end of the ones I see people using) are usually 8M ish, and I saw a 110 for 20M in freemarket. Should I try to scroll my own? right now I'm thinking I should save 20M for a 110 attk, but it might be hard to find another one for sale.

Banned

Hey, things have been going nicely with your build, thanks. Right now I'm trying to deal with stuff outside ms, so I'm going to try to get to 90 then take a break for a while. Which means I'm trying to figure out which casa crow to get.

I could probably raise 20M by level 90, and depending on drops (ilbis?) could have a lot more/even slightly less. Right now I only have 9M-ish at level 85.

for a new level9x,what should I aim for in attack? 107 (the low end of the ones I see people using) are usually 8M ish, and I saw a 110 for 20M in freemarket. Should I try to scroll my own? right now I'm thinking I should save 20M for a 110 attk, but it might be hard to find another one for sale.
    I've got a 107 right now, that I buy for 4 mil. It's....very low end. Where did you see that 110 ? I wanna go buy it. :D

Aim for 112+ if you're going to scroll, or 110+ if you're buying pre-scrolled.

lol it was in fm o.O somebody bought it before I get the money though X.X

Ironically, i finally found some ilbis shortly after.but yeah.. ill probably aim for 110 then.