Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For DKs ((polearm))

Godshoot... what I get from your post, is that you think up to LV100, spear is best, and after LV100 you use polearm at Himes, right? So like I said, it seems polearm is ONLY better at Himes. To be honest, by the time most people get to LV100+, there will most probably be more maps to train on.

It's not worth either having only 1 main attack from LV70-LV100, or spending crap loads more on a weapon and having to change over depending on which map you're in, just to be able to train slightly better in a map at LV100+ when there will probably be other maps by that time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Assault View Post
    Godshoot... what I get from your post, is that you think up to LV100, spear is best, and after LV100 you use polearm at Himes, right? So like I said, it seems polearm is ONLY better at Himes. To be honest, by the time most people get to LV100+, there will most probably be more maps to train on.

It's not worth either having only 1 main attack from LV70-LV100, or spending crap loads more on a weapon and having to change over depending on which map you're in, just to be able to train slightly better in a map at LV100+ when there will probably be other maps by that time anyway.
    Well it is better to HAVE the choice of which skill to use. You can alternate by using FURY first and then adding buster if there is a even better map for Buster. This alternation can be made easily. As I mentioned, a hybrid does not necessarily mean you need to spend "crap loads of money on a weapon". A red surfboard is the cheapest high level weapon around. My point is that HYBRID will excel in training because it will utilize the best of maps, whether it is good for buster or good for fury. More good training areas = more places for a hybrid to excel.

Himes will be the best map available right now for a DK, so why not use the advantage of a HYBRID to exploit it? Yes better maps will come, but a hybrid will also be able to handle that as well right?

As a hybrid you HAVE the ability to choose which skill you want to use, if you want to concentrate on one area, that is fine as well. A hybrid will give you numerous variations of training methods and build.

Say No To Hunger http://www.freerice.com/index.php
    I am like a magnet, except I attract non-metallic idiots.

I think you're ignoring the topic at hand.

The dude is asking about MAKING a DK. It is pretty likely, in fact I will say 100% sure, that by the time he gets ANYWHERE NEAR being high enough level to go Himes, a MUCH MUCH better map will be out. Recommending him to do a build that basically currently relies on Himes for training, seems like a bad idea.

If we forget the actual topic, then in general it is still true that having 2 weapons will always be more expensive than having 1, and that the cons really outweigh the pros. I mean c'mon, Himes is literally the only map anyone can think of that's better with a polearm. So why bother?

I think you're ignoring the topic at hand.

The dude is asking about MAKING a DK. It is pretty likely, in fact I will say 100% sure, that by the time he gets ANYWHERE NEAR being high enough level to go Himes, a MUCH MUCH better map will be out. Recommending him to do a build that basically currently relies on Himes for training, seems like a bad idea.

If we forget the actual topic, then in general it is still true that having 2 weapons will always be more expensive than having 1, and that the cons really outweigh the pros. I mean c'mon, Himes is literally the only map anyone can think of that's better with a polearm. So why bother?
    Do you know whats going to happen tomorow? Do I know whats going to happen tomorrow? No we don not, the best thing that we can do is to use the most accurate information and up to date ideas and apply it in training. When hime came out, I am sure many PURE DKs were suprised as to how PA DKs can excel in hime. But HYBRID do not have to worry about when and how will a new map be orientated. They are bullet proof, no matter what time of new environment pops up, they will adapt quickly because they CAN. That is all I am saying. The OP can choose where to train when he is higher level, whether it is to goby with buster or to hime with fury. He can get the most efficient experience both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by godshoot View Post
    Do you know whats going to happen tomorow?
    Not tomorrow no, but new maps are coming, that's for sure. Look at KMS. They're coming sometime.

It still stands (and there is no argument against it AFAIK) that having a hybrid costs a lot more if you want to actually hit a decent amount. And IMO, having to switch weapons for maps is extremely boring. If you have endless mesos, having a hybrid is great, IF you just wanna sit in the same map all day. To me, and to a huge number of other people, having to switch weapons to use another skill is a more than just a little bit annoying, and I'd rather spend all my mesos on a godly spear than two not bad weapons.

Not tomorrow no, but new maps are coming, that's for sure. Look at KMS. They're coming sometime.

It still stands (and there is no argument against it AFAIK) that having a hybrid costs a lot more if you want to actually hit a decent amount. And IMO, having to switch weapons for maps is extremely boring. If you have endless mesos, having a hybrid is great, IF you just wanna sit in the same map all day. To me, and to a huge number of other people, having to switch weapons to use another skill is a more than just a little bit annoying, and I'd rather spend all my mesos on a godly spear than two not bad weapons.
    It will not cost ENDLESS mesos to become a hybrid. The highest obtainable spear right now is lvl 90 FairFrozen and the highest obtainable PA is red surfboard. You are going to get a FairFrozen as a normal dk anyways, so you only need to worry about a red surfboard at lvl 95. At lower level you can get a Maple Snowboard at level 70. Maple Snowboard and Red surfboard is not expansive, they are some of the cheapest high lvl weapon. IMO you do not need a spear and a PA for every threshold, and no you do not sit on the same map everyday, you have a WIDE variaty of maps to choose from because you can use FURY and BUSTER at the same time. A little more mesos for a lot more experience is worth it IMO.

A hybrid is prepared for any type of new map in the near future, whether be it leafre, bain armory, or a new boss. That is why I think hybrids are better than a pure breed.

Dude...

Buying two godly weapons is going to cost way more than buying one. You can get 110 weapons now too... 90 isn't the limit... andive me another map, besides Himes, that a polearm will do better in than a pure spear with a godly weapon.

Pretty simple IMO.

Not sure what you mean by "you can use FURY and BUSTER at the same time" though, since um... you can't... unless you change weapons... you can only use them at the same time on a pure.

Dude...

Buying two godly weapons is going to cost way more than buying one. You can get 110 weapons now too... 90 isn't the limit... andive me another map, besides Himes, that a polearm will do better in than a pure spear with a godly weapon.

Pretty simple IMO.

Not sure what you mean by "you can use FURY and BUSTER at the same time" though, since um... you can't... unless you change weapons... you can only use them at the same time on a pure.
    Red surfboard is expansive? Seriously they are like one of the cheapest weapon to buy, you don't even need to buy it, just scroll it yourself. 30% PA scroll is cheap. Getting a 110 weapon? Not viable, for example in khaini there is only 1 Dragon Pertizan and I don't know how many there are in Scania. They are out but they are expansive and rare. So why not spend a few mil on scrolling a cheap PA? As for Dragon Chelbird, I never seen one before. In khaini you can easily buy a 100+ red surfboard and scroll it, the average attack of the lvl 100 PA is 102.

When I say you can use Fury and buster at the same time, i meant at a pole arm fury good map you can use PA fury and at a spear buster good map you can use Spear buster. This way you can excel in training in both areas.

The few more millions of mesos that you spend on a red surfboard will yield you a lot more experience during training.

Phantom Watch

Red surfboard is expansive? Seriously they are like one of the cheapest weapon to buy, you don't even need to buy it, just scroll it yourself. 30% PA scroll is cheap. Getting a 110 weapon? Not viable, for example in khaini there is only 1 Dragon Pertizan and I don't know how many there are in Scania. They are out but they are expansive and rare. So why not spend a few mil on scrolling a cheap PA? As for Dragon Chelbird, I never seen one before. In khaini you can easily buy a 100+ red surfboard and scroll it, the average attack of the lvl 100 PA is 102.

When I say you can use Fury and buster at the same time, i meant at a pole arm fury good map you can use PA fury and at a spear buster good map you can use Spear buster. This way you can excel in training in both areas.

The few more millions of mesos that you spend on a red surfboard will yield you a lot more experience during training.
    look at Cylar's PA [aka, rankings]

Red surfboard sucks.
    It doesn't look good.
    therefore, it sucks.
    :D

In other news:
    Why do people hate hybrids?
    I mean, I only went 1.5 hybrid for the fast 2nd job... (^_^)b

Red surfboard is expansive?
    Well, it's more expansive than a Fairfrozen, if you're talking surface size lol... I think you mean expensive?

Seriously they are like one of the cheapest weapon to buy, you don't even need to buy it, just scroll it yourself. 30% PA scroll is cheap.
    I didn't say they were as expensive as spears, but to buy a godly spear AND a godly polearm you're looking at a considerable amount more than if you only bought a godly spear. You can't argue with that.

Getting a 110 weapon? Not viable, for example in khaini there is only 1 Dragon Pertizan and I don't know how many there are in Scania. They are out but they are expansive and rare.
    Why not a LV100 weapon? I've seen plenty of those in Scania, and if we're talking in the context of the original topic, then I'm sure by the time the original poster gets to LV100, there will be a lot more of them around.

So why not spend a few mil on scrolling a cheap PA? As for Dragon Chelbird, I never seen one before. In khaini you can easily buy a 100+ red surfboard and scroll it, the average attack of the lvl 100 PA is 102.
    You could do that, yes, but you won't get anything godly out of it without spending a decent amount of money, which I would rather put towards ONE weapon.

There are versions of those skills for both weapons. You can quite easily use both even if you are a pure spear, but as we have already established, there only seems to be one map that anyone can think of where fury is better.

I beg to differ. If we're talking in terms of getting godly stuff (which I would think would be a priority for someone putting to much emphasis on the smallest technical detail concerning training spots and weapons), then you're talking WAY more than a few million.