Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: For DKs ((polearm))

So again, it all comes back to one single map? *listens to broken record*

Well I can't say I'm doing too badly. I'm pure spear, and the money I saved from NOT using a polearm too has bought me some nice equips. I'm LV85 and can do 5200 max per crusher now (that's over 15K on 1 monster, and over 45K total on a mob of 3). If I had to spend money buying a polearm then I'm sure I'd hit way less.

If you (or anyone who actually has a DK) can think of any other maps where a polearm is better to use than a spear, let me know, otherwise let's assume that hybrids are really only useful on 1 map.

Quote Originally Posted by Assault View Post

Well I can't say I'm doing too badly. I'm pure spear, and the money I saved from NOT using a polearm too has bought me some nice equips. I'm LV85 and can do 5200 max per crusher now (that's over 15K on 1 monster, and over 45K total on a mob of 3). If I had to spend money buying a polearm then I'm sure I'd hit way less.

If you (or anyone who actually has a DK) can think of any other maps where a polearm is better to use than a spear, let me know, otherwise let's assume that hybrids are really only useful on 1 map.
    As you mentioned before there will be new maps that are good for PADK or Spear DK in the future, but do you know which one will be released earlier? Who knows, that is why a Hybrid is PREPARED for the future. You keep on saying that a HYBRID is EXPENSIVE, but the reality is that it is not that expansive if you get a red surfboard at 9x for hime. We can only look at the maps that we have right now, goby used to be the best map to train on for a Hybrid, now it is hime, in the future it may be something else. A little bit more money for a lot more of flexibility on the best training maps is worth it IMO.

Godshoot... what I get from your post, is that you think up to LV100, spear is best, and after LV100 you use polearm at Himes, right? So like I said, it seems polearm is ONLY better at Himes. To be honest, by the time most people get to LV100+, there will most probably be more maps to train on.

Say No To Hunger http://www.freerice.com/index.php
    I am like a magnet, except I attract non-metallic idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Assault View Post

I hope you're lying about this part, ._.

Quote Originally Posted by xdgr View Post
    It is very much possible, godly weapons can give him that damage range. My rich friend made a new dk and it deals (6-8k x 3) x 3 for his buster at around level 9x.

But his PA fury does extremely good damage as well, 6 mob x DMG (didn't check his dmg there) and it is faster then buster, he trained with fury at hime and leveld from 100-12x in 2weeks. -_- I wanna hack him.

Say No To Hunger http://www.freerice.com/index.php
    I am like a magnet, except I attract non-metallic idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by godshoot View Post
    It is very much possible, godly weapons can give him that damage range. My rich friend made a new dk and it deals (6-8k x 3) x 3 for his buster at around level 9x.

But his PA fury does extremely good damage as well, 6 mob x DMG (didn't check his dmg there) and it is faster then buster, he trained with fury at hime and leveld from 100-12x in 2weeks. -_- I wanna hack him.
    hack him, and give the stuff to MOI.

Go look at the "Flaunt your sexy damage" section.

I'll post up some new SS of my damage when the patch is done! The max I can do right now is 5.2K or so per crusher, so that's over 15K total, but because of the randomness of the damage, it usually works out at around 12K-13K in total on average (less to higher level monsters of course, more like 10K-11K).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IceDruid View Post
    Hey, Im new in MAPLE STORY and I have only one charater cleric lvl 33 in windia. Now im starting a new spearman and going to use polearm I know cons and pros for polearm but i dont know ,,, when i reach 3rd job will I do good damage and can i solo bosses at highter levels or will I join parties easy??? :confused: :( Ye im new but I know a lot thinks about this game ^.^ Im not NEWBIE and if I play every day minimum 3 hours can I reach lvl 70 fast ??? I know where to train and what weps to use ,, i play on this cleric 6 days and im 33 lvl Xd :D ......
    Polearm and Spear both have pros and cons and yes if you play 3 hours a day you can reach level70 in a few months. I got to level21 in 3 hours. :D
    But, you have to keep in mind, to get avrg/over avrg exp at level80+ you ALWAYS need a Priest. Believe me, I've learned it the hard way.

Hahaha, I feel so sad now that I read this page. Well, this is what I get for not training for over 3 months. My OS is not that great, and I've blown up 2 strength tops and a goblin cape, i'm a pretty unfortunate guy.