Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Heart's Will

Chapter 8: It's never too late

I still remember the day we fought in Kaiza's castle. I still remember how Kon died. And I still remember every single second after those events.

My name is Laura. I was turned into a Harpie by Kaiza's black magic. I expected being turned back, but that didn't happen. Disappointed, I decided to go on a journey through Maple, searching for a cure. I was at every place you could imagine... I even killed Zakum with the help of a Guild.

And I found out that Kaiza still lives. He's just a shell of his former self, but there's a clan helping him to recover... that is, they have to find something to heal him. I don't know what it is, but I'm trying to find out since it could help me turning back.
    During all those years, the only thing that kept me alive was Sachi, a Dragon Knight who helped me killing Zakum. She went with me because she thinks that our souls are related.

"It's going to happen today, Sachi. I know it. They're trying to get the things they need." I said, deeply looking at her.

"That's possible - but I don't know why they're sending out one of their strongest warriors just to get some ingredient." she declared.
    "I already told you, it's probably being kept by someone."

We were in an area between Ellinia and Sleepywood, hiding in one of the huge trees. The entrance to the secret base of the Clan was just here.
    Suddenly I heard a footstep near the entrance and gave Sachi the sign to duck. Someone was coming. Sachi took out a dagger and laid her Omega Spear on the floor, it wouldn't come in handy when they'd have to sneak.

A thief holding a sword, having a ripped shirt came up the tree. He was holding an unconscious female body with white hair... seemed to be Ika. In shock, I was lying there until the entrance closed... then I woke up from my trance again and wanted to rush in, but Sachi held me.

"Laura, it's too late. They'd find us."

"No, it's not too late. It's never too late!"

"You don't want to...?"

End of Chapter 8

Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Don't worry, he'll be in soon enough. I can't write right now... but at 3pm, that's in 3 hours, I'll seriously force myself.
    Don't kill yourself over a fanfic, good writing comes with patience anyway. I just wanted to know if it got in.

Chapter Nine: Hidden Powers of a Heart

Sachi wanted me to stop from doing this, but I knew that I'd have to do it someday. In my researches I found out something about my species. They were highly intelligent - and they had a theory.
    They said knowledge and ability was like a mirror and every thing on earth would hold a part of the mirror. A flower has one, and a wolf, and a fox, and a worm, every living thing on earth has a piece of the mirror, having mastered certain things needed to survive. The only difference would be the human and the Harpies. The human and the Harpies have the whole mirror - but the human has a broken one. He collected the pieces of the mirror and tried to put them back together... but a mirror that was never broken is better than a repaired one.

The Harpies researched this thing and found out something about the human race. Holding every piece of the mirror, one of those pieces, the most beautiful one, was his heart. With their magic ancient language, they casted a spell that should awake the power of a human heart, but instead, the human just turned into the piece of the mirror which was represented by his heart.

But I am not sure about that part, especially about the piece of the mirror the human turned into. I expect that he turned into that animal.
    I told Sachi about what I found out and she said that if a Harpie has the full mirror, it would sure be interesting what thing I'd be.
    But what if I really didn't translate it wrong and it's seriously a mirror? Then I'm some kind of mirror once I speak out the spell.
    But if it's true that the human turned into an animal, what would I turn into? If it's something that's able fight it must be a perfect thing.... Perfection... isn't that a thing everyone wants?

I took out my Bloodlust and muttered the incantation."ihmaycr so rayndc bufan!" Something dark rose up from the ground and started spinning around me.

"MAD SA PA DRA DREHK SO RAYND CDYHTC VUN!" The dark thing which looked like a thick fog now full covered me and poured through me. I felt something flash up inside of me.

When the fog finally disappeared, I looked down on me. I was just a shadow. A black body. The only thing visible were my golden eyes and there was some golden writing all over my body. It was the Harpies' writing.

dra sennun, ed ec huf lusbmada.
    fryd ed ec fa kad du caa.

The translation... the words quickly flew through my mind and I spoke them out loud.

"The mirror, it is now complete.
    What it is we get to see."

[Author's Note: Hardcore Translators, go for translating all the Harpie sentences.][Another Author's Note: Or just go to http://www.ff-fan.com/ffx/albhedtranslator.php and type in the Harpie text, then go for Al Bhed to English]

I looked down my hands. The Bloodlust Dagger disappeared, but instead I had green and red claws, green and red, the colors of the bloodlust.
    "Sachi, if I won't turn back... Thank you for everything." I said. Sachi hugged me, but then she took her Omega Spear. "I won't let you go there alone. Not after all that stuff you've done for me."

I kicked the door open and rushed through a narrow room, my claws readied. If this transformation was a process determined by time, I would have to hurry.

There was someone standing in my way, but I just flew through him. Sachi screamed, but I couldn't wait... something was waking up inside of me.
    Two chief bandits were standing in my way. I jumped to the wall on my left, then bounced off and landed to their right. I killed both of them with a Boomerang Step.

I looked down on the two dead corpses. Suddenly something was coming from behind... "Eye of the Storm" I thought, and suddenly everything around me slowed down.
    I saw a Steely Throwing-Star flying right towards me. Time was slowed down... I could easily dodge it. But now there were even more stars flying towards me.

"Sachi! Help me!" I called in slow motion. I saw how she readied a spell, then she let out a roar, letting an assassin fly out of his cover. I crushed his weapon, leaving him defenseless, and ran on. Sachi had trouble keeping up.

"Laura, wait for me!" Sachi called. I turned around and my foot activated a trap... right when Sachi got near me. There were two doors made of iron grates closing us in.

"Sachi... I feel... I must, I have to... kill someone to stay alive."
    "What...? Laura, try some spell to turn into your human glass shard! There must be something left!"

"... Yfyga so kmycc crynt ykyeh!"

The dark fog emitted around me again and I felt something being sucked out. In the end, I stood there. I was a human again... somehow. I looked down on my hands. The soft, light brown hands. My red hair was hanging down my shoulders.

"Sachi... how can this be?"

End of Chapter 9

Jr. Necki

Thanks for the awesome update Kon

Sorry guys, I can't go on writing this. No ideas... No motivation... Ideas impossible to fit into this... New fic idea... We'll see if I'll be coming back to this.