Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Jay's Curiosity - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay's Curiosity

I was told to go to Mapletip.com and when I got there it showed what to do for the quest. I havent had a chance to see if it actually works but It looks promising. :)

http://www.mapletip.com/maplestory-q.../4928/Victoria

Hopefully it works. :D
    http://forum.nexon.net/MAPLESTORY/forums/thread/1613806.aspx

A very interesting post. I must say I agree with most of it.

http://http://forum.nexon.net/MAPLES...d/1613825.aspx

More Nexon site forum searching. Their realy not that good at their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by amunhra View Post
    Anyone try to bring regular snail shells with them BEFORE they speak the Rememberer the FIRST time? I haven't tried (cos I don't want to be defamed T_T) but will test it tonight to see if he takes Bob's shell or if he takes a fake shell right away ^^b
    Yep, i tried that, although he didnt take my normal shell, he just stole my fame and shell. You cant really say no to him, or else it says that you havent completed the rememberers passion quest. Who cares its just 3 fame, let him take it to complete the quest.
    Items for sale, click, bid or auto-win!

Goals
    Level to 60 | Level to 70 & become CB | Get a Zhelm

That little cafe just outside the gates at Hades Junction...

Yes, the first time I talked to him and he stole the real Bob I still had all the other snails shells in my inventory. You have to let him steal it the first time so that you know that he has bad intentions towards Bob and know to fake him out the second time.

The rememberer is a d*** D: time to get defamed LOL

AmunKitty - Priest - Lvl 9X
    AmunBaby - Dit - Lvl 5X
    KooriNeko - I/L wizard - Lvl 3X
    XSoulArm - Spearwoman - Lvl 3X

Clover Just in case u forget the other shells...

Just in case you get bob the snale's shell and forget to pick up the other snail shells. Just go hunt a couple regular snails and get their shells. Then go talk to the Rememberer and he'll still only take the fake shell, not bob's.

That's what I had to do and it worked.:D

That little cafe just outside the gates at Hades Junction...

Either Mapletip is wrong, or Nexon hasn't incorporated the rest of the required quests into mapleGlobal yet, cause neither Blackbull, nor Winston, nor Dances with Balrogs have any of the quests it says they should have for completing Jay's curiousity. I have completed everything up to finishing 'the Rememberers Passion part 2' where you fake him out with the regular shell.

I’m stuck on this quest too. I got the shell, talked to Gwin, talked to Bruce, and then went to see Grendel the Really Old and now I’m stuck. I went to Jay, Winston, Balrog, The Rememberer and all the other NPC’s that Maple Tip says are associated with this quest and none of them are progressing it for me. The only quest that is showing up as available for me on Victoria Island is the one with the Ragged Gladiolus.

Did I mess up somewhere? I only did it in that order because that’s the order the quests came up in. Even before seeing Grendel, I stopped by Winston’s since that’s what Bruce told me to do but he wouldn’t talk to me.
    :confused:

I read various places that Bob only spawns every 12 hours.. the question which I would have is.. well when? Because I don't want to be checking every hour on the hour.. or every half hour, or every 15 minutes.. etc. Did anyone have Bob actually spawn for them, or was he already on the map?
    If he did spawn for you, do you remember the approximate time?

Quote Originally Posted by MiYuMi View Post
    I read various places that Bob only spawns every 12 hours.. the question which I would have is.. well when? Because I don't want to be checking every hour on the hour.. or every half hour, or every 15 minutes.. etc. Did anyone have Bob actually spawn for them, or was he already on the map?
    If he did spawn for you, do you remember the approximate time?
    If that’s true then I got incredibly lucky because he was there on my first attempt. It was a little weird though because I saw him on a platform in the middle of the map but by the time I got up there and cleared the enemies I realized that he disappeared. On my way back out though he was there just hanging out on the ground floor. So I think he’s there more than just every 12 hours, but randomly teleports around the room making it a little difficult to track him down. That’s just a guess on my part though.

From a couple of guildmates whom have done the quest, they told me that he is a very speedy snail. That I'd have to look for a snail who is darting around everywhere.