Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: normal str vs strless?

Quote Originally Posted by dooge1992 View Post
    All the Less builds are worthless at around 50+ because the normal peopel's weapons and armor are now adding enough stats to make them more powerful.
    I figured I would be weaker around 6x with my STRless crossbowman.

EWWW STR-LESS :eek:
    It's never worth it- no matter what new higher leveled stat-less bows/xbows they come out with. The extra damage would never last long before getting out-damaged by the normal build archers. Not to mention STR stabilizes damage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    EWWW STR-LESS :eek:
    It's never worth it- no matter what new higher leveled stat-less bows/xbows they come out with. The extra damage would never last long before getting out-damaged by the normal build archers. Not to mention STR stabilizes damage.
    Do you always make generalizations about things you know nothing about ?

As soon as the new maple weapons come out (as well as other non-str bows) strless archers will go back up to being strongest - the only justification of not doing it right now is because around 100 you'll be marginally weaker.

How do you know I know nothing about it? I've done the math, and being str-less does not do any good. You become weaker when there's a higher level bow for the normal build.

Banned

How do you know I know nothing about it? I've done the math, and being str-less does not do any good. You become weaker when there's a higher level bow for the normal build.
    Well first off, you're not strless, second off, you're not even 3rd job.

Putting the obvious I stated above aside, clearly you didn't do the math. Unless you know exactly how dex affects damage range and how that fluctuates through the levels, you haven't done any useful math.

Like I said, new 7x/6x maple weapons will bring them back up to being stronger. You can keep arguing, you'll just be wrong.

I don't see how you can believe that a stat-less req't bow can cause domination over those with normal skill builds for ~35 levels. That's rediculous. And yes, I did do my math. I used the archer calculator on this site. And since my words mean nothing to you, here's more of an explanation how stat-less req't bows become obsolete so quickly:
    http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/104...stions.html#11

Banned

I don't see how you can believe that a stat-less req't bow can cause domination over those with normal skill builds for ~35 levels. That's rediculous. And yes, I did do my math. I used the archer calculator on this site. And since my words mean nothing to you, here's more of an explanation how stat-less req't bows become obsolete so quickly:
    http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/104...stions.html#11
    lol, that site's justification for not getting maple weapons at 7x is that they're "costly", wow. Last time I checked, this wasn't a price discussion. That general blurb on strless archers is hardly conclusive. He even says they're stronger, yet they get weaker as time goes on without the addition of new maple weapons, it's like he copied what I said.

Here's the part I am referring to:
    An orthodox level 43 hunter has 45 base STR and 182 base DEX. The formula for maximum damage is:
    (DEX * 3.4 + STR) / 100 * Weapon Attack
    (182 * 3.4 + 45) / 100 * Weapon Attack
    6.638 * Weapon Attack

A STR-less level 43 hunter has 4 base STR and 223 base DEX:
    (223 * 3.4 + 4) / 100 * Weapon Attack
    7.622 * Weapon Attack

So the STR-less hunter gets 7.622 - 6.638 = 0.984 damage extra per point of ATK, assuming they both use a weapon with the same ATK value. Under reasonable circumstances a level 43 hunter will have at least 60 weapon attack, resulting in a 60 * 0.984 = 59.04 difference in the stat window. Adding the % damage multiplier of DS, the STR-less has an advantage of 147.1 max damage per hit, or 200.7, on average, for both hits.. This is a significant difference, and because it is dependent on Weapon Attack, there will be an even greater difference if we compare two well-funded bowmen.

However, after peaking at level 49, the damage difference becomes smaller and smaller until the STR-less hunter gets outdamaged. Let's compare damages at level 60:

An orthodox level 60 hunter has 65 base STR and 247 base DEX:
    (247 * 3.4 + 65) / 100 * Weapon Attack
    9.048 * Weapon Attack

A STR-less level 60 hunter has 4 base STR and 308 base DEX:
    (308 * 3.4 + 4) / 100 * Weapon Attack
    10.512 * Weapon Attack

The STR-less hunter receives 10.512 damage per ATK point, and again assuming a 60 ATK weapon, his maximum damage in the stat window is 60 * 10.512 = 630.72. The regular build receives only 9.048 damage per ATK point, but an Asianic Bow has, on average, 17 more ATK than a soul searcher. So let's give him a 77 ATK Asianic, and his maximum damage in the stat window is 77 * 9.048 = 696.7. As you can see, the orthodox hunter's ATK advantage far overpowers the STR-less hunter's DEX boost, canceling it out and putting the STR-less hunter at a disadvantage. This is true for all but the most extreme cases. (Luckily, if a STR-less can get his hands on a Bow of Magical Destruction, he won't have to endure being outdamaged for long. However, as before, the regular build will eventually catch up in damage and he will once again be outdamaged in the 80's.)

Banned

Here's the part I am referring to:
    Once again, and please listen this time, he could not have factored in the new maple weapons as little is known of them. Factoring them in, strless mages only get marginally weaker at 13x's, by which better equips and strless overalls will have come out.

strless archers
    If you want to underestimate this person's experience and knowedge let's take a look at your math.