Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, I'm new, both to MapleStory and the forums

Default Hello, I'm new, both to MapleStory and the forums

Hi there, I'm Phoenix, and I'm new to MapleStory. I came from Ragnarok Online, because it was just too boring (you needed specialty equips that were always soo expensive) and because I couldn't afford it. Anyway, I have some questions and hopefully you have answers:

1. What class is good for a beginner? When I played Ragnarok Online, my highest char was a 75 Wizard, so should I go with Mage, to compliment that?

2. What server is good for me? Bear in mind that I have a 56k modem, but will be upgrading to a DSL, so latency is key here.

3. While I know Maple Island is restricted to alot of you veterans out there, when I get off, will someone show me around? I'd like to have a buddy to hang out with, because I hate being lonely.

4. Are specialty equips needed to level? In Ragnarok Online it was required that you had a Phen and Vitata Clip (I won't go into much details here) to level. Do you need any uber stuff to level?

And are Cash Shop items really neccessary to be popular in-game? I don't want to look like a geek not wearing it if I have to.

Thank you for helping me out. Hope to see you soon!

It depends which server you choose but if you choose Scania I would be more than happy to show you around. my IGN's are in my sig but pinky boy Amaro is my main.

Oh and welcome :)
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

1. What class is good for a beginner? When I played Ragnarok Online, my highest char was a 75 Wizard, so should I go with Mage, to compliment that?

I would have to say Magician is the easiest first character. Others might argue that statement, but out of all my characters I like magician's the best.

2. What server is good for me? Bear in mind that I have a 56k modem, but will be upgrading to a DSL, so latency is key here.

I believe Mardia is the least used one. I would say Kradia but because of the contest going around right now, no one has any equipment to sell, all they want to do is level. I'm on Broa, and I really don't get much lag there, and I have DSL. You might lag sometimes when you go into busy towns, but other then that it's a pretty good server.

3. While I know Maple Island is restricted to alot of you veterans out there, when I get off, will someone show me around? I'd like to have a buddy to hang out with, because I hate being lonely.

If you join Broa, I could show you around the place and run around with you to new places so you don't have unnecessary dieing (I always hated that). But if you join Scania, Countess is there to help you. :D

4. Are specialty equips needed to level? In Ragnarok Online it was required that you had a Phen and Vitata Clip (I won't go into much details here) to level. Do you need any uber stuff to level?

You don't NEED uber things to level. To sum it up, as you go higher, it's strongly recommended you get your levels equipment (in most cases). But no, you're not required to have certain equipment to level.

And are Cash Shop items really neccessary to be popular in-game? I don't want to look like a geek not wearing it if I have to.

The most popular people in the game I know are LOADED with NX. You'll find that people in Maple aren't always the kindest (not to scare you off). I have minimal NX, but really you don't need popularity in game. If you have a guild and a few buddies on your list, everything will be ok. Plus you can always find a friend from HS that will help you when you need it.

Hehe, LS speaks the truth!

If you need money, Karita, I'm more than happy to give you some starter funds and I'm sure I've got some items kicking around you can borrow.

And I don't get much NX at all because I think mage equips are deliciously sexy. I only have an NX dress on my cleric right now because god, moonlights are the UGLIEST robes ever created. I only have NX to keep my pets alive and to have a shop because I suck at face to face trading :3
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

Welcome to HS
    You just happened to be the 2nd Phoenix around here, say hi to PhoenixRider XD
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Salve!(Hi in Latin =3)

Welcome to HS and Maple.

IMO Magician class would be easiest to start with. There are many guides in the magician section in the hunting ground. I suggest you look there for your stat and skill point usage as its annoying to restart if you mess up. :D

Phoenix is nice also. He made my awesome sig XD.

Welcome to HSF. Don't talk about Tiger, don't necro, don't double-post, and stay away from me. I eat donkeys...^^

lol...7000th post here?

Peronally warriors are easy if you don't have a buddy 2 train you at earlier levels since warriors can kill easy at the start. Aftera little while the other classes begin to ks and level faster.

Well windia is generaly friendly dont now about the lag thou

Cant help you there sorry

No just upgrade every now and then when you need it or you want a new look

Not really get some real life friends to play with you aswel

thou the only nx items i would get would be double exp and a pet with mesomagnet and auto pot maybe gachapon

welcome to HS
    i warn u do not start threads about tiger or any other high lvl player.
    i feel u should stay away form scania do to the fact that there is so many people in that world. It does lag some times. I like Broa personally speaking. stick with mage if u liked it on Ragnork you probably will like it on MS. Also use the search button before creating a thread(people do get mad)