Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The word ***

They let you swear in SW.net, but I suppose majority of the age group in HS.net is lower than those of SW.net. But I find that the word g@y and h0mo were given bad definitions by intolerant people.

Say No To Hunger http://www.freerice.com/index.php
    I am like a magnet, except I attract non-metallic idiots.

I saw the people in SW, HS guys are older...

y is eet bloked dats so ***!

Quote Originally Posted by Sennheiser93 View Post
    y is eet bloked dats so ***!
    yeah, your not helping, at all.

So you'd think but you'd be wrong. Although there are many people who act like dumbasses on SW.net, and little kids, they may be the majority but it is a clear seperation between the people who actually 'matter' there, who are mostly older than people here. Whereas here, there are simply people, there is no definitive difference, seeing as everyone who isn't liked, is generally booted. Those that actually stay, are of a much younger age group, and/or don't act their age (Much younger than it).

Many people have been turned away by the word ***, and simply left this place. It's childish to block the word. If people feel like they can be hurt by the word, so be it, let them use it in a wrong way. The word isn't what's wrong, it's the way people use it, disallowing a word on the basis that it's wrongly used, is no basis at all.

If suddenly 'pansy' was turned into the worst goddamn insult ever, so you blocked it on a flower-selling site, would that be means to do so? No. It still serves another purpose, it's original purpose. *** being used the way it is, is just a fad. People used to refer to ****sexuals as Punks previously. Now, punks are just a section of 'rockers'.
    Gone with the wind

Stupid society, it wasn't a bad word to start with anyway...

Abuse of words!! Wooblah!

People have been using 'tool' as an insult around my area, I won't be surprised when it becomes a bad word.

Toi. Petite Fille Laide.
    http://www.winterrowd.com/maze.swf
    Come play, it's fun ^^^

After ignoring Telecast, as I always do (Thought I'd save him the trouble of typing out long posts I just scroll past again), I have a question.

Why is it so important to you to unblock? I can not think of a single reason to, past getting the crying to stop. It won't happen but I'm curious all the same.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

Quote Originally Posted by Jedisbar View Post
    Why is it so important to you to unblock? I can not think of a single reason to, past getting the crying to stop. It won't happen but I'm curious all the same.
    So we can use the word *** in certain topics. For example, the "Dumbledore is Gey" topic.

various disguises

When having a discussion about ****sexuality, it's annoying to see the asterisks everywhere. I wouldn't say it's important in any big sort of way (if it was I'd be pushing for it much more forcefully), but I'd like to see it unblocked for the convenience factor. I'd also prefer not having to see silly things like "g@y or "h0mo" in the middle of a long, well written post by one of our senior members.
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    Everyone is gay for SOG.

Well I guess people are getting tired of seeing the asteriks when they didn't use the word in any wrong way or anything.

The only "g-y" related word that people abuse here is "f-g". That's about it.
    Hello azn4anime! It appears that you have not posted in our forum in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question in our various boards, help answer your fellow Maplers' questions with your knowledge, or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our boards?