Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bishop Skills Build

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saighan View Post
    According to Julliant, you get 3 Skill points when you advance to the 4th job.
    That would make sense so it is rather monumental. More room for experimentation.

Quote Originally Posted by WyattHalliwell View Post
    I think planning out any complete skill build is fairly difficult because getting skill books add an extra level of uncertainty. My personal plan is to simply start putting points into whatever skills I have, and worry about everything else later.

On a side note, I figure you get 243 sp during 4th job and calculations tell me, based on the info on sw, that to max all 4th jobs skills require 241. Could someone verify for me? It doesn't make sense to have more sp than you need.
    The books shouldn't change your build, most people will hunt them down and sell them. The secondary manuals (forgot their real name) will have to be hunted down, but those should be easy by the time you need them.

I just counted and it does come out to 2 points less than what you get, weird. Maybe the skill info is wrong ?

I think planning out any complete skill build is fairly difficult because getting skill books add an extra level of uncertainty. My personal plan is to simply start putting points into whatever skills I have, and worry about everything else later.

On a side note, I figure you get 243 sp during 4th job and calculations tell me, based on the info on sw, that to max all 4th jobs skills require 241. Could someone verify for me? It doesn't make sense to have more sp than you need.
    I didn't calculate, but even it's true..
    how many people can actually reach LV200 and got all those SPs..?

Slime

Quote Originally Posted by Mediak View Post
    Well, that's a pretty good point, but still, seems like a bit of an oversight. Also, reaching 200 isn't that unlikely. We have a decent amount of people pretty close to it.
    Vi veri universum vivus vici
    "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

"Religion is the opiate of the masses." -- Karl Marx
    "Winners don't do drugs." -- The FBI

Windia: Lvl 5x Cleric, TylerAsper (main)
    Lvl 2x I/L Mage, DarkWyatt (semi-main)
    All others: Currently inactive

Banned

There's already plenty of people who are 200, just in GMS, and plenty more will hit it faster with the new skills.

i was wondering if someone could provide some input on my QE idea just to hold you for the beginning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3 View Post
    Here's an idea since everyone seems to be overlooking quantum explosion.
    although genesis > quantum explosion. unless youre uber rich youd mostly use it when you can use infinity.

and we all know that once you make 4th job (or any job) you always get 1 free point.

i wouldnt say to max QE, but i think it might be a good idea to put your beginning point on it.

reasons:
    - you dont have to skill book hunt for this for the first 10.
    -with just 1 point it does good damage for a 120 priest
    -itll give you a good boosting in leveling in the beginning of 4th job, this way you can max other skills faster
    -dont worry about mp cost, nor infinity problem

so for your first point i think QE may be a good idea just for the start with your 1 free point.
    You're basically doing the same thing as whendoom - getting QE early because of its superior strength and low cost compared to genesis. You should max it for superior power, the only thing missing from priests at the moment.

Well, that's a pretty good point, but still, seems like a bit of an oversight. Also, reaching 200 isn't that unlikely. We have a decent amount of people pretty close to it.
    I'm not saying reaching 200 is impossible, but it is definitely harder than reach 120..therefore, even less people will reach 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Saighan View Post
    Well, money's a relative issue. What I'm saying is that you don't necessarily have to be level 150 to get the skillbook that drops from Horntail. Assuming enough people have gone and beaten Horntail, there should be enough supplies to cater to some people. Or it could turn into another service akin to getting a Z-Helm.
    Zhelms used to be 200mil/each.

Relative or not, it will be expansive, since all class needs it. Horntail is much harder than zakum. Zakum is probably one of the easiest boss, it does not dispel.

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3 View Post
    Here's an idea since everyone seems to be overlooking quantum explosion.
    although genesis > quantum explosion. unless youre uber rich youd mostly use it when you can use infinity.

and we all know that once you make 4th job (or any job) you always get 1 free point.

i wouldnt say to max QE, but i think it might be a good idea to put your beginning point on it.

reasons:
    - you dont have to skill book hunt for this for the first 10.
    -with just 1 point it does good damage for a 120 priest
    -itll give you a good boosting in leveling in the beginning of 4th job, this way you can max other skills faster
    -dont worry about mp cost, nor infinity problem

so for your first point i think QE may be a good idea just for the start with your 1 free point.
    Actually spamming genesis is the cheapest and the fastest way a priest trains. Both in range and DMG wise. QE is closed ranged and you have to travel more to gather up the mob.

Say No To Hunger http://www.freerice.com/index.php
    I am like a magnet, except I attract non-metallic idiots.

Banned

I'm not saying reaching 200 is impossible, but it is definitely harder than reach 120..therefore, even less people will reach 200.
    Of course less people will reach 200 than 120, it's basic logic - 120 is before 200, it'd be ludicrous if there were more 200 people than 120 people. The 4th job skills serve to speed up 120~200 even more, so more people will get to higher lvl faster.

Quote Originally Posted by godshoot View Post
    Actually spamming genesis is the cheapest and the fastest way a priest trains. Both in range and DMG wise. QE is closed ranged and you have to travel more to gather up the mob.
    Maybe spamming lvl 1 genesis, but max there's no way it's cheaper than QE.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    Maybe spamming lvl 1 genesis, but max there's no way it's cheaper than QE.
    Does not disprove the fact that Genesis is cheaper and more efficient than QE. Range and time must be included in the calculation.

In regard to the level, at lower level people will stick with level 1 genesis because skill books are hard to find and when you get to higher level genesis, you may be too powerful and you will overkill monsters such as hime/skelegon.
    Not to mention the MP cost. Level one genesis is more than enough to train a bishop to a higher level where they can modify their genesis level according to 2hit ko monsters or even one hit ko them. That is when maxed Genesis will become cheaper in training. But for now a lower level genesis is enough.

Say No To Hunger http://www.freerice.com/index.php
    I am like a magnet, except I attract non-metallic idiots.