Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bishop Skills Build

Default Bishop Skills Build

Ha ... finally reached 120 and eagerly awaiting 4th in MSEA. Bishop. I have enjoyed my priesthood but it is kind of short as I have only been a priest for just a few months.

Well, while waiting for the launch of the 4th Job, I believe I will need to plan ahead for the bishop. Can someone give me some suggestions on how to build up my bishop, skills wise.

I prefer using SR with bahamut, mana reflection and maple hero as a serious mobbing attack as opposed to genesis. I think when I have maxed those skills I will owned Himes/Mong.

Thanks.

I can provide the list of skills:

1. Maple Hero - Stats Enhancement
    2. Quantum Explosion - Charging
    3. Mana Reflection - Reflect Damage
    4. Infinity - Infinite Mana
    5. Holy Shield - Status guard
    6. Angel Ray - long range single target holy spell
    7. Bahamut - holy dragon
    8. Genesis - long range multiple targets holy spell
    9. Resurrection - Revive dead ally

Banned

I'll make a list for each skill

1. Maple Hero - Stats Enhancement
    Definitely worth a few points, every 2 points in it raises the %.

2. Quantum Explosion - Charging
    Strongest attack next to genesis, worth even the 1st point as it's still stronger (and 35% mastery isn't that bad for the 1st point). It's a lot cheaper than genesis too.

3. Mana Reflection - Reflect Damage
    Mandatory point, even if you only put 1. It only lasts for 10 sec. but it reflects 55% already; the 26 mp cost is negligible at 120+ and even if it doesn't reflect 55% damage it still saves you from 55%.

Not really sure. The cooldown never goes down, only the duration increases. I'd put 1 point in for fun, but I don't know how it'd fit in a build

5. Holy Shield - Status guard
    Same thing as infinity - no idea, 1 point for fun. It looks rather useless in the long run though as the only new stat gets its own skill to cancel it out (madness).
    6. Angel Ray - long range single target holy spell
    Another HA reject, useless in my opinion compared to all the other skills.
    7. Bahamut - holy dragon
    I'd max this early on, maybe the 2nd thing I'd max, at least 3rd. It's powerful, mobile, and doesn't use a summoning rock, what more do you want ?

8. Genesis - long range multiple targets holy spell
    I think this speaks for itself.

9. Resurrection - Revive dead ally
    At least 1 point so you can do it at all. The cooldown is basically an hour (well, 57 min.) but on most boss runs (the only place this is useful) there's more than 1 priest.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    Not really sure. The cooldown never goes down, only the duration increases. I'd put 1 point in for fun, but I don't know how it'd fit in a build
    I think for a magician, infinity will means free mana with MG and Genesis. During this time, we will spam genesis non-stop while we are well-protected with MG on, it is free anyway, hahahaha.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CelHolyPriest View Post
    I think for a magician, infinity will means free mana with MG and Genesis. During this time, we will spam genesis non-stop while we are well-protected with MG on, it is free anyway, hahahaha.
    The cooldown, as I remember it, is pretty long even when maxed so there's no practically use for it during training. During bosses it would be pretty useful.

I'm not sure, but does it really make you invincible with MG or does it just make all spells cast cost 0 ?

Woa, that sounds godly! =O
    But what about gaining the skills? According to Julliant you need some kinda skill books :O
    Murphys lv1x Thief
    Dexless Assasin-to-be
    Kradia - EMS

Check my sig for information on the 4th job Skillbooks =)
    Randland Parody
    Stupid cow. Stupid, stupid, stupid cow.

The faces of Hidden-Street, through the years

Thanks. Alot of work for alot of skills :O
    But they sure is worth it :)
    Murphys lv1x Thief
    Dexless Assasin-to-be
    Kradia - EMS

Cool down to duration is horrible for infinity. Assuming you get the book from the El Nath PQ. At lvl 10 the duration is 20 sec. You'll be able to squeeze out 2 to 3 shot in that time. However, if you wanna continue to attack with genesis. I suggest only leaving it at 1 point and train at the holy weak.

The early ideas I have for a bishop is as follow.

1 genesis
    max bahamut
    max Maple hero
    max QE
    10 infinity
    max resurrection
    max shield
    20 infinity

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Quote Originally Posted by whendoom View Post
    Cool down to duration is horrible for infinity. Assuming you get the book from the El Nath PQ. At lvl 10 the duration is 20 sec. You'll be able to squeeze out 2 to 3 shot in that time. However, if you wanna continue to attack with genesis. I suggest only leaving it at 1 point and train at the holy weak.

The early ideas I have for a bishop is as follow.

1 genesis
    max bahamut
    max Maple hero
    max QE
    10 infinity
    max resurrection
    max shield
    20 infinity
    Good point to the infinity problem !!! Probably can wait since it won't be that useful. I might as well spend a few pots if needed.

But how about Mana Reflection??? Wouldn't it be good for mob to damage itself when attacking us, at maxed it is 200%. But I have also read somewhere that mana reflection will damage the monster but the priest will also receive the original damage as well. Anyone can confirm this?

Good point to the infinity problem !!! Probably can wait since it won't be that useful. I might as well spend a few pots if needed.

But how about Mana Reflection??? Wouldn't it be good for mob to damage itself when attacking us, at maxed it is 200%. But I have also read somewhere that mana reflection will damage the monster but the priest will also receive the original damage as well. Anyone can confirm this?
    The flow of mana is changed with perserverance and is reflected at the enemy. You cannot damage more than 20% of the enemy's maximum HP at one time. However, this does not influence the damage which you may receive.
    Skill book locations: 20 - Zakum, All Cornian | 30 - Pianus

credit to Fiel from SW.

The skill only reflect a maximum of 20% of the monster Hp at one time. It's sorta pointless for training unless you wanna get hit during training. The way I envisioned training will be luring to a rope and let bahamut finish it off. At the Himes map, I would probably still be teleporting back and forth to avoid attack. I'd put it after the major attack and the bossing skill. It's waste of points too early in bishophood. notice that the build will only bring you to 180 or so; plenty of points left. Anyway, the build isn't set in stone.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment